d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Overview And Discussion On Updateable Topics > Only Useable Feedback Please!
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 105,555.55
May 12 2016 04:44pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ 12 May 2016 23:42)
When I play, I do it for the prof, today I dont really care about drops anymore since I litterly can't upgrade much of my items.
Unless I decided to go back and buy melee sets once again.
So going down trap doors for me, is a NO, when you fall down 2-3 TD you start to lose alot of your prof gain.
Sure you will def see a difference on the items that drops however, in both quality and quantity, and hell yeah it's completly notable.

yep, on softcore there's like 30 active people (this is a number I just pulled out of my fingers, I may be very wrong on that, but it's a small and fixed number) that holds most of the good gear, those cannot really upgrade their gear

on hardcore most people who hold the best gear ingame just entirely quit, so it's there, not being used but being existant
there's a lot of gear to be found, and for softcore newcomers that would be a good thing too
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
May 12 2016 04:48pm
Quote (Dante @ 13 May 2016 00:42)
yeah you have to find something between worth doing and abusing

right now anything that would give you any kind of advantage would appear as abusing, but that cannot really be it, right? I think there's a decent amount of people interested in getting the game active again, I just wish there was a little more feedback from Paul

OH YES THERE ARE ALOT of ppl that are waiting for a "good update" They just need a reason WHY to come back to play again.

Quote (Dante @ 13 May 2016 00:44)
yep, on softcore there's like 30 active people (this is a number I just pulled out of my fingers, I may be very wrong on that, but it's a small and fixed number) that holds most of the good gear, those cannot really upgrade their gear

on hardcore most people who hold the best gear ingame just entirely quit, so it's there, not being used but being existant
there's a lot of gear to be found, and for softcore newcomers that would be a good thing too

The problem is, if he adds something that have higher chance to drop goodies, that will be farmed & abused.
It's hard not to make it that way.
That is why I think that the only way to bring back a bigger chunk of ppl is to bring back transmuting as it was before.
That would make it much easier for stuff to drop or pop up once again, and spec for hc, since there are so few items, ppl would have to get gear just to be able to farm hc to sell those muteables once again.

This post was edited by RistVaLL on May 12 2016 04:50pm
May 13 2016 12:41am
Quote (RistVaLL @ 12 May 2016 23:48)
OH YES THERE ARE ALOT of ppl that are waiting for a "good update" They just need a reason WHY to come back to play again.

The problem is, if he adds something that have higher chance to drop goodies, that will be farmed & abused.
It's hard not to make it that way.
That is why I think that the only way to bring back a bigger chunk of ppl is to bring back transmuting as it was before.
That would make it much easier for stuff to drop or pop up once again, and spec for hc, since there are so few items, ppl would have to get gear just to be able to farm hc to sell those muteables once again.

That would sort of fuck over people who invested thousands of hours into getting their prof up, though
But at least it would probably make the game a little more casual again.... I mean come on, what other browser game (except runescape) do people spend thousands of hours on, just for side skilling?
Gold: 23,541.77
May 13 2016 03:14am
Quote (Dante @ 13 May 2016 08:41)
That would sort of fuck over people who invested thousands of hours into getting their prof up, though
But at least it would probably make the game a little more casual again.... I mean come on, what other browser game (except runescape) do people spend thousands of hours on, just for side skilling?

Yea..., except if their prof would give +magic luck when they muting in the new (old) system. I mean, as +1 Magic Luck for every 5 lvls in prof. So who's at 60 profs they have +12 magic luck w/o gear... i guess some high muters would come back. :)

Anyhow, i must agree with the guys from this topic. 2 big steps would bring back few ppl and would make stay a lot. And it's the part of old mute system and sellable wellables.

This is my honest and really certain opinion.
May 13 2016 06:59am
Quote (RiNGiSpiLeR @ 13 May 2016 10:14)
Yea..., except if their prof would give +magic luck when they muting in the new (old) system. I mean, as +1 Magic Luck for every 5 lvls in prof. So who's at 60 profs they have +12 magic luck w/o gear... i guess some high muters would come back. :)

Anyhow, i must agree with the guys from this topic. 2 big steps would bring back few ppl and would make stay a lot. And it's the part of old mute system and sellable wellables.

I think it should be more, since ML doesn't really seem to affect it that much, not sure how much it affected the old mute system

I generally think giving players ways to farm stuff / having the shrine buff permanent as it is right now and/or doing something about level 69 evils dropping a ton of tier 1 items (especially single evils which rarely drop anything at all) would help a lot

The muting might also get the economy going a bit more again if more people played, had realistic chances for items etc

I think some fixes should be very easy to implement and could really be into consideration by paul, since more people playing more or less benefits him, too

This post was edited by Dante on May 13 2016 07:00am
Members++
May 13 2016 08:08am
Quote (RiNGiSpiLeR @ 13 May 2016 11:14)

Magic Luck has never really matter'd for muting, the only thing ml do is to have a higher chance of FINDING a higher magical type, it has never affected the quality of a drop.
sure it gives u higher chance of finding more mods, so it should give u a small chance of finding something better faster, but not for muting, since they already had their amount of stats, all it does is to reroll.

But yes I do agree with wellables, idk why it's not sellable at all, should have been since day one, I just dont see it would bring ppl back, I also dont see how it would fix the economy.

Gold: 2,000.40
May 13 2016 08:23am
Quote (RistVaLL @ 13 May 2016 10:08)
Magic Luck has never really matter'd for muting, the only thing ml do is to have a higher chance of FINDING a higher magical type, it has never affected the quality of a drop.
sure it gives u higher chance of finding more mods, so it should give u a small chance of finding something better faster, but not for muting, since they already had their amount of stats, all it does is to reroll.

But yes I do agree with wellables, idk why it's not sellable at all, should have been since day one, I just dont see it would bring ppl back, I also dont see how it would fix the economy.

The only thing that will truly affect player base (IMO) is frequent updates that address issues based on player feedback for replayability of the game. The one aspect of this game that made it so popular and addicting was that every single aspect of the game was competition based, profs, items, solo/group climb times etc. and that you could make tons of fg based off of drops and mutes. This game no longer has that. Items do not drop, and when they do they are low roles. There are too many mods that impact the desirable ones and good rolls on those are few and far in between. I seriously doubt at this point that anything will revive this game other than the points I just mentioned, and it would have to be damn near all of them or interest will die again in a matter of days or weeks like it always does.
Members++
May 13 2016 08:32am
The reason stuff dropped back then was because it was 200+ players on daily, today it is 30ppl playing. So I really doubt that the drops have changed that much.
All good items that I have found is from this last patch, and no patch before.
Back then all u needed to do was to get up to lvl 30++ and sell EVERY ITEM YOU FIND.
I do agree on that it might have been easier to get a good item in certain ways as he added more stats. So it's harder to get a EE, STR, etc instead of all the new mastery stuffs.

IDK, like I doubt that any update will bring ppl back playing, they would need something big to happen, like all the maps made some ppl come back to try them out at least.
Maps are probably the most valueable items today, if you farm them enough and find higher maps with lets say 15+ EP on them, that is awesome, doesnt have to mean they will drop anything, but your chance increase alot.

AS you're saying Dion, LS imo is about competition. Today that competition is only within PROF + GP.

I think the only thing that can bring ppl back is to make transmuting as what it was, and as I said before, it would suck for all muters to lose all our profs, but maybe there could be something as Ati was saying that gives you something out of it?

The only way to make ppl spend money on here is to make a way to gamble, and that would be transmuting.
Gold: 2,000.40
May 13 2016 08:47am
Quote (RistVaLL @ 13 May 2016 10:32)
The reason stuff dropped back then was because it was 200+ players on daily, today it is 30ppl playing. So I really doubt that the drops have changed that much.
All good items that I have found is from this last patch, and no patch before.
Back then all u needed to do was to get up to lvl 30++ and sell EVERY ITEM YOU FIND.
I do agree on that it might have been easier to get a good item in certain ways as he added more stats. So it's harder to get a EE, STR, etc instead of all the new mastery stuffs.

IDK, like I doubt that any update will bring ppl back playing, they would need something big to happen, like all the maps made some ppl come back to try them out at least.
Maps are probably the most valueable items today, if you farm them enough and find higher maps with lets say 15+ EP on them, that is awesome, doesnt have to mean they will drop anything, but your chance increase alot.

AS you're saying Dion, LS imo is about competition. Today that competition is only within PROF + GP.

I think the only thing that can bring ppl back is to make transmuting as what it was, and as I said before, it would suck for all muters to lose all our profs, but maybe there could be something as Ati was saying that gives you something out of it?

The only way to make ppl spend money on here is to make a way to gamble, and that would be transmuting.

You and I BOTH KNOW that Paul will NEVER EVER EVER return transmuting to the way it was. It won't happen. I am willing to bet Jaimies account on it (tissues too). What would be nice though (and would help with keeping current muters pissed off over time spent) would be to reduce the amount of time it takes to mute items by half. Or at least the levels you no longer gain prof in. I would bet that at level 55 muting, it would STILL take 2 mins just to reroll level 30-35 items just for a bad reroll (which we all know will most likely be a good item out of every 500-1k rolls). Thats why noone mutes anymore, because other than prof idiots like us, there is no gain in it.
Members++
May 13 2016 08:52am
Quote (HylianHero @ 13 May 2016 16:47)
You and I BOTH KNOW that Paul will NEVER EVER EVER return transmuting to the way it was. It won't happen. I am willing to bet Jaimies account on it (tissues too). What would be nice though (and would help with keeping current muters pissed off over time spent) would be to reduce the amount of time it takes to mute items by half. Or at least the levels you no longer gain prof in. I would bet that at level 55 muting, it would STILL take 2 mins just to reroll level 30-35 items just for a bad reroll (which we all know will most likely be a good item out of every 500-1k rolls). Thats why noone mutes anymore, because other than prof idiots like us, there is no gain in it.

Idk, muting isnt as bad as the other skills, it feels like it takes too long when you do it, but the prof gain / hour is almost the same in all skills. The good thing with muting tho is that you only need ~1k items around our level to get a rank. (meaning 500 items, since u can reroll)
Glyphinh takes ~30sec ish to complete one, but u get ~12-14prof avg. so mean you have to do 3-4 of them to get the same prof as 1 mute.
Cooking might be the fastest prof out there, it takes 10sec, and u get +7-8prof as avg.

Sure I agree, I have hard time see that he would make anything as it has been before. But it's the onyl way I can see economy to come back to this game.
Just talking about Arena will get this topic closed haha, I dont really miss arena that much tho, only the prof gain that it gave.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll