d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Anyone Still Play Eso?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.56
May 7 2016 03:57pm
Looked through 14 pages and couldnt find a large topic on ESO.

Just got the game last night, looking for people that still play it to help run me through or make a nee character yourself.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 8 2016 03:52am
Game was bad from launch. The open beta was absolutely atrocious. I haven't followed up on the game at all, so I don't know if they ever made any positive headway. Unfortunately, since the beta was so bad, and since it was still just as bad at launch, a lot of people got turned off from it and the number of users dwindled far too low for an MMO. Once that happens the game is pretty much finished. These companies really need to understand that the launch is the single most important moment in a games history and it usually dictates how successful the game will be. Look at Titanfall (I loved it at launch, but I only play campaigns when I'm bored of MM anyways, so the lacking content there didn't bother me like it did a lot of other people), it was a fun game with a different take on the FPS genre. They left out way too much, didn't have custom games, so even competitive play wasn't an option for people who really did love the MM and they failed to come out with new content quick enough. They eventually did, and the game got 3x better than it was at launch, but it was too little too late. The population had already gotten too low, and no amount of change was going to drive people back in hordes like at a release. Even games like Realm Reborn (which is somewhat successful, but still nothing compared to the big MMORPG titles. Was impossibly hard to find good people to play with. Even using forums I was never able to find a full team to do the most recent endgame content. I cleared T9 and that was fucking it lol, couldn't find a group to save my ass and I tried my ass off.) had over triple the number of users that ESO does.

My advice would be to wait for a new MMORPG to come out and jump on it at release. Regardless of how the game is, it'll have a thriving community at launch and that makes these kinds of game WAY better imo. These games are the absolute worst to play by yourself and only by yourself. You need a team, and even having just 1-2 people you kinda know who are decent-good, will make a world of difference.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 8 2016 03:56am
Gold: 115.00
May 8 2016 08:54am
Yeah man, sorry you wasted your money buying ESO so late.... ESO died after like a month and a half... Return it and get some money back
May 8 2016 10:07am
Quote (Discp @ May 8 2016 09:54am)
Yeah man, sorry you wasted your money buying ESO so late.... ESO died after like a month and a half... Return it and get some money back

I license share with my friend so it ws free.
Gold: 91.69
Warn: 20%
May 8 2016 10:34am
Its dead. Game was terrible to start with
May 8 2016 03:20pm
Division is boring and friends said the game was fun. Im like lvl 8 atm and its good so far.
Gold: 20.00
May 8 2016 03:49pm
Quote (Butts @ May 8 2016 04:20pm)
Division is boring and friends said the game was fun. Im like lvl 8 atm and its good so far.

at level 30 its boring, lvling 1 to 30s the best part about this game so far. incursions garbage atleast it was free
May 8 2016 03:54pm
Quote (jsbb @ May 8 2016 04:49pm)
at level 30 its boring, lvling 1 to 30s the best part about this game so far. incursions garbage atleast it was free

I love the game, just once set gear came out i get dropped like nothing. 92k hp with 65% mitigation shouldn't get dropped quick. Before the incursion i was dropping teams of 3-4.
Gold: 70,100.00
May 8 2016 04:27pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 8 2016 05:52am)
Game was bad from launch. The open beta was absolutely atrocious. I haven't followed up on the game at all, so I don't know if they ever made any positive headway. Unfortunately, since the beta was so bad, and since it was still just as bad at launch, a lot of people got turned off from it and the number of users dwindled far too low for an MMO. Once that happens the game is pretty much finished. These companies really need to understand that the launch is the single most important moment in a games history and it usually dictates how successful the game will be. Look at Titanfall (I loved it at launch, but I only play campaigns when I'm bored of MM anyways, so the lacking content there didn't bother me like it did a lot of other people), it was a fun game with a different take on the FPS genre. They left out way too much, didn't have custom games, so even competitive play wasn't an option for people who really did love the MM and they failed to come out with new content quick enough. They eventually did, and the game got 3x better than it was at launch, but it was too little too late. The population had already gotten too low, and no amount of change was going to drive people back in hordes like at a release. Even games like Realm Reborn (which is somewhat successful, but still nothing compared to the big MMORPG titles. Was impossibly hard to find good people to play with. Even using forums I was never able to find a full team to do the most recent endgame content. I cleared T9 and that was fucking it lol, couldn't find a group to save my ass and I tried my ass off.) had over triple the number of users that ESO does.

My advice would be to wait for a new MMORPG to come out and jump on it at release. Regardless of how the game is, it'll have a thriving community at launch and that makes these kinds of game WAY better imo. These games are the absolute worst to play by yourself and only by yourself. You need a team, and even having just 1-2 people you kinda know who are decent-good, will make a world of difference.

this, bravo.
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2016 10:34pm
Quote (Butts @ May 8 2016 01:54pm)
I love the game, just once set gear came out i get dropped like nothing. 92k hp with 65% mitigation shouldn't get dropped quick. Before the incursion i was dropping teams of 3-4.

It's all about the crowd control, using shock turrets and flashbang sticky bomb.
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll