d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > User Block List > Just A Suggestion
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 180,000.00
May 7 2016 02:56pm
We all know you can block someone, and it prevents pming both ways. But that's all it does, so it isn't very effective anymore I don't think. I think it should be upgraded, to do all of the following:

A. Block pms bothways ( Does it now)
B. Prevent sending each other fg. People love to send .01 and msgs to each other fighting or arguing still.
C. Prevent each other from viewing their profiles, that way you cannot "Stalk" someone and see what they are doing/last posts etc. Make it say "cannot view this person's profile" or something.
D. Prevent each person from seeing each other's topics entirely, as well as posts. This would prevent a TON of spamming/flaming and lower reported posts all together.

I think this would make the block list MUCH more useful for people who actually want to be done with another user entirely for good.

PS: no pics sorry, bad with all that :lol:

Feel free to explain why you choose yes or no, or just cast a vote and walk. Either way is ok.

This post was edited by Schala on May 7 2016 02:57pm
Gold: 105,400.00
May 7 2016 03:01pm
yes for sure very solid points on why this should be done

there are people i have blocked i cant stand on this site and they spam topics of mine left and right
Gold: 10.41
May 7 2016 03:06pm
Yes as well. I don't have anyone blocked or use it much, but I can only see people voting no if they enjoy the flaming/trolling after the block?

Anyway voted yes
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,000.00
Trader: Trusted
May 7 2016 03:10pm
No, and I will explain.

B. If someone you block do that you can do one of the two
1. Ignore it.
2. Report to one of the staff members ( JM will do )

C. This is not Facebook, no need to block someone to view your profile.
If you don't want to share your private pictures or infoy, then just don't.

D. If they spam your topics, report and move on.
If you see that the user is going into spam rampage, gather all the information and pm it to the proper staff member ( JM or TM depending on where you posted ).
Gold: Locked
Warn: 40%
May 7 2016 03:12pm
no i enjoy the flaming/trolling after the block :santa:

there are some plugins wich are approved by the site

they dont prevent other ppl to see you posts etc (could be abused etc. anyway) but you can make their posts invisible for you.

voted yes :santa:

since it might be a sub with not much interest in humor...

i am refering to this post:

Quote (Scrangles @ 7 May 2016 22:06)
Yes as well. I don't have anyone blocked or use it much, but I can only see people voting no if they enjoy the flaming/trolling after the block?

Anyway voted yes

^^

This post was edited by Drack on May 7 2016 03:13pm
Gold: 180,000.00
May 7 2016 03:16pm
Quote (Yakir @ May 7 2016 01:10pm)
No, and I will explain.

B. If someone you block do that you can do one of the two
1. Ignore it.
2. Report to one of the staff members ( JM will do )

C. This is not Facebook, no need to block someone to view your profile.
If you don't want to share your private pictures or infoy, then just don't.

D. If they spam your topics, report and move on.
If you see that the user is going into spam rampage, gather all the information and pm it to the proper staff member ( JM or TM depending on where you posted ).

a few valid points, but Ignore it isn't really gonna fly. It's human nature to respond. Reporting only goes so far, There's people I know who are still, after like 2 years +, fighting with people, reporting each other back and forth, flaming each other constantly and ruining people's threads as well.

I can see the profile thing not being an issue then.

Report and move on again doesn't really fly anymore. It's getting out of hand and mods are probably busy as it is to be flooded with reports. But just my 2 cents. Would rather it just be block someone/ end. No more dealings with the person. Unless you unblock of course. A simple solution to a major problem especially on the D2 forums lul

@Yakir below ( rather just edit this one)

True, you never can tell if someone is actually getting punished for flaming constantly. I personally, would just rather have the ability to end it MYSELF. I myself do not want to rely on the staff 24/7 to handle things. You get scammed by someone, for example, you really don't want to be browsing the forums seeing this guy constantly, or seeing him pick new victims off. I'd like to have the ability to defend myself, and be allowed to choose whether or not I have to deal with a person on this site. Still pro reporting though, and let mods go over that part

This post was edited by Schala on May 7 2016 03:23pm
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,000.00
Trader: Trusted
May 7 2016 03:19pm
Quote (Schala @ May 8 2016 12:16am)
a few valid points, but Ignore it isn't really gonna fly. It's human nature to respond. Reporting only goes so far, There's people I know who are still, after like 2 years +, fighting with people, reporting each other back and forth, flaming each other constantly and ruining people's threads as well.

Report and move on again doesn't really fly anymore. It's getting out of hand and mods are probably busy as it is to be flooded with reports. But just my 2 cents

Then gather the information and forward it to the staff member.
The staff will handle it.
Also, the punishment is not up to us, so you cant really judge if the staff took an action against these violations or not.
One of your responsibility as a member of this community is to report every violation you see.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 40%
May 7 2016 03:20pm
Quote (Schala @ 7 May 2016 22:16)

Report and move on again doesn't really fly anymore. It's getting out of hand and mods are probably busy as it is to be flooded with reports. But just my 2 cents. Would rather it just be block someone/ end. No more dealings with the person. Unless you unblock of course. A simple solution to a major problem especially on the D2 forums lul

if one is so motivated to "ruin" your topics he might also just create multiple accounts to do so^^ i still see where your coming from
Gold: 2,186.00
May 7 2016 03:42pm
Rather not, but didn't vote, as i'm agree, that you should be able to block someone to send you those 0.01 fg "donations with blessings".

First - i don't understand, why such block should be two-sided? Don't want to send fg to someone? Don't send! Don't want to see someone's profile or topics/posts? Don't look! Ez, you don't need block for that. :)

Second - why should you want to prevent someone from seeing your profile(last posts)/topis/posts? Forum is a public place by definition, if you want to hide something, don't bring it here or share it with friends using pm-s, guild topics etc. And it's really open for abuse. Like i open s/a againts you and you're not even able to see it. Or i'm accusing or flaming you in my profile/posts and you can't even see it to report? Naah, ty!
Gold: 210,000.00
May 7 2016 03:45pm
I would definitely agree with these changes :thumbsup:
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll