d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Heart Of Thorns Worth Buying?
123Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,272.08
Apr 30 2016 05:48pm
Finally was able to get into game, and noticed there are some specializations only if you have HoT. Is it worth getting?
Gold: 0.77
Apr 30 2016 08:24pm
yes get your free instant 80 :). Buy from g2a I think it's cheaper there.
Gold: 95.60
Apr 30 2016 11:54pm
I'd say yes. But be ready to get frustrated (yet addicted). If you are new like me, then the game is so complex that you are pretty much required to use the internet and research to learn the game. Gw2 is really quite massive.

What I absolutely hate about this game:
~No mounts, yet you are slow as fuck. Even with 33% movement speed buffs you are slow as hell. It makes no sense not to have mounts when it takes like 80 hours just to fully explore the world map. Portals are irrelevant to new players.
~Way too many stuns. I understand 1 second stuns in other games, but I'm seeing 2-3 second stuns in Gw2 with is just stupid. Stun at the wrong time = dead. Yet, every god damn mob has stuns. You are already slow moving and on top of that you get stunned constantly. It ruins the fun of the game. Stun breaks have 30+ second CDs which is pointless when EVERY mob has stuns. I can't figure out why people want to play melee in Gw2 (I've been running ranger)
~You can't modify your combat skills UI with getting into keybinds. What the fuck were they thinking?
~Game focuses way too much on grinding - not everyone has that kind of time to burn, yet we still deserve our money's worth. I definitely would have quit if it wasn't for jsp fast tracking me past all the boring bullshit.

What I absolutely love about this game:
~The visualizations and artwork are incredible, they really are - the monsters/races are very unique and beautiful.
~The lore is fascinating - I've spent hours reading about the elder dragons.
~How much loot you get and the massive diversity of loot - makes you feel rewarded after completing content, helps with the grindyness
~How you can automatically deposit materials and it auto sorts your bags for you
~The deviation from heal/tank/dps - anyone can do anything at any time. Shocked me and I had an adjusting period to this (the con to this is finding consensus "meta" (best) builds is like pulling teeth, very frustrating for min/maxers not having any consensus data)
~You have to take monsters seriously - many you will not be able to solo without help, which makes it feel great when you actually kill them

Overall this game really is a piece of art. They just need to stop listening to whatever dipshit employee at arena net is holding them back from fixing the problems I mentioned.

This post was edited by neosoph on May 1 2016 12:03am
Gold: 42.00
May 1 2016 12:51am
yeah it's not bad, i dont regret the money i spent on it, though i would buy it asap if you want to enjoy it, the game is no where near as active as it was at launch

Quote (neosoph @ May 1 2016 12:54am)
I'd say yes. But be ready to get frustrated (yet addicted). If you are new like me, then the game is so complex that you are pretty much required to use the internet and research to learn the game. Gw2 is really quite massive.

~No mounts, yet you are slow as fuck. Even with 33% movement speed buffs you are slow as hell. It makes no sense not to have mounts when it takes like 80 hours just to fully explore the world map. Portals are irrelevant to new players.
~Way too many stuns. I understand 1 second stuns in other games, but I'm seeing 2-3 second stuns in Gw2 with is just stupid. Stun at the wrong time = dead. Yet, every god damn mob has stuns. You are already slow moving and on top of that you get stunned constantly. It ruins the fun of the game. Stun breaks have 30+ second CDs which is pointless when EVERY mob has stuns. I can't figure out why people want to play melee in Gw2 (I've been running ranger)
~You can't modify your combat skills UI with getting into keybinds. What the fuck were they thinking?
~Game focuses way too much on grinding - not everyone has that kind of time to burn, yet we still deserve our money's worth. I definitely would have quit if it wasn't for jsp fast tracking me past all the boring bullshit.

~The visualizations and artwork are incredible, they really are - the monsters/races are very unique and beautiful.
~How much loot you get and the massive diversity of loot - makes you feel rewarded after completing content, helps with the grindyness
~How you can automatically deposit materials and it auto sorts your bags for you
~The deviation from heal/tank/dps - anyone can do anything at any time. Shocked me and I had an adjusting period to this (the con to this is finding consensus "meta" (best) builds is like pulling teeth, very frustrating for min/maxers not having any consensus data)
~You have to take monsters seriously - many you will not be able to solo without help, which makes it feel great when you actually kill them

Overall this game really is a piece of art. They just need to stop listening to whatever dipshit employee at arena net is holding them back from fixing the problems I mentioned.

dont listen to anything this guy says, he doesn't understand the game yet
May 1 2016 01:37am
Quote (HEAVENSHAKINGSWORD @ May 1 2016 12:51am)

Clearly.

May 1 2016 04:39am
Quote (neosoph @ May 1 2016 05:54am)

lol yep I'm beginnning to experience that, decided to use a passive for 25% movement speed even if it is a sacrifice for a more useful spell ^^

Trying to not focus on the little side heart quests because I would make them feel like a chore if I set myself to do them all the time.

Quote (lazaraslong @ May 1 2016 02:24am)
yes get your free instant 80 :). Buy from g2a I think it's cheaper there.

I'll look into that to try to get it cheaper, $50 seems a bit too pricey for me

Quote (HEAVENSHAKINGSWORD @ May 1 2016 06:51am)
yeah it's not bad, i dont regret the money i spent on it, though i would buy it asap if you want to enjoy it, the game is no where near as active as it was at launch

Does buying it help with leveling or asap just to enjoy it while people are still active. Although I do feel there's a lot of people in it, not as many as I expected but still a nice amount.
May 1 2016 05:04am
Quote (ZergBer @ May 1 2016 05:39am)
lol yep I'm beginnning to experience that, decided to use a passive for 25% movement speed even if it is a sacrifice for a more useful spell ^^

Trying to not focus on the little side heart quests because I would make them feel like a chore if I set myself to do them all the time.

I'll look into that to try to get it cheaper, $50 seems a bit too pricey for me

Does buying it help with leveling or asap just to enjoy it while people are still active. Although I do feel there's a lot of people in it, not as many as I expected but still a nice amount.

leveling is really not an issue in this game, it takes no time to hit the cap, the real pain is discovering the map and fully ascending a character

it's a massive grind, and alot of the best transmogs have been released years over now, so looking cool(which is like half the game) is much more expensive than it was back when i was actively playing

legendary grinds take forever, and you have to dillegently do your dailies unless you either a. spend alot of $$$ or b. use fg to bypass the entire purpose of the game(spending $$ does this as well)

pre 80 i see no reason to have HoT, post 80 there is no reason to play the game without it

/e you can easily make gold by doing daily world bosses and daily low fractals, i played pretty casually and made like 100 gold a week just fuckin around with daily stuff

you can make alot more gold than that per week if you know what the best farming places are(at the time i stopped it was grinding the HoT maps, it is likely still this)

This post was edited by HEAVENSHAKINGSWORD on May 1 2016 05:07am
May 1 2016 12:46pm
Quote (HEAVENSHAKINGSWORD @ May 1 2016 11:04am)
leveling is really not an issue in this game, it takes no time to hit the cap, the real pain is discovering the map and fully ascending a character

it's a massive grind, and alot of the best transmogs have been released years over now, so looking cool(which is like half the game) is much more expensive than it was back when i was actively playing

legendary grinds take forever, and you have to dillegently do your dailies unless you either a. spend alot of $$$ or b. use fg to bypass the entire purpose of the game(spending $$ does this as well)

pre 80 i see no reason to have HoT, post 80 there is no reason to play the game without it

/e you can easily make gold by doing daily world bosses and daily low fractals, i played pretty casually and made like 100 gold a week just fuckin around with daily stuff

you can make alot more gold than that per week if you know what the best farming places are(at the time i stopped it was grinding the HoT maps, it is likely still this)

Ohh alright thanks, that should give me time to decide to buy it and hopefully the campaing price goes down.

Yeah so far I'm just working on leveling up, do you think they'll keep adding stuff to HoT to bring back more players??
May 1 2016 01:55pm
Quote (ZergBer @ May 1 2016 12:46pm)
Ohh alright thanks, that should give me time to decide to buy it and hopefully the campaing price goes down.

Yeah so far I'm just working on leveling up, do you think they'll keep adding stuff to HoT to bring back more players??

There are plenty of players, don't listen to him. If you go to literally any world boss event, you will see hundreds of people there. And there are tons of guilds you can join. The game has thousands and thousands of players, he (she? it?) is just miserable and no one likes him because of his shit attitude so he can't make any friends. I already have tons of in-game buddies and I only started 2-3 weeks ago. On a social level, the game is great. :)

/e Also, from a business perspective Anet is currently developing more content - you don't abandon virtual cash cows like Gw2. Trust me, more stuff is coming. Just look at the lore.

This post was edited by neosoph on May 1 2016 02:12pm
May 1 2016 02:47pm
Quote (ZergBer @ May 1 2016 01:46pm)

thats what they have been doing for the past few years, they add content every couple of months or so

Quote (neosoph @ May 1 2016 02:55pm)
There are plenty of players, don't listen to him. If you go to literally any world boss event, you will see hundreds of people there. And there are tons of guilds you can join. The game has thousands and thousands of players, he (she? it?) is just miserable and no one likes him because of his shit attitude so he can't make any friends. I already have tons of in-game buddies and I only started 2-3 weeks ago. On a social level, the game is great. :)

/e Also, from a business perspective Anet is currently developing more content - you don't abandon virtual cash cows like Gw2. Trust me, more stuff is coming. Just look at the lore.

stop

posting

you dont

have
any
basis
behind
what
you
say
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
123Next