d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Things I Should Know About Xbox One > Wifey Just Bought Me One
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 91,680.73
Apr 20 2016 04:30pm
So my wife just got me an Xbox one and I'm curious about the "things you must know" about the console. I've had a 360 for years and just now making the leap to next gen. Any tips and tricks are most appreciated.

Currently finished the update, took about an hour. Downloading a few games I had queued and she of course got me Dark Souls III so that's installing as I type. (I'm a lucky man... she also got me a 65" TV recently)

Advice and recommendations are super helpful and I'll be very thankful, and may even bronate if I see something truly useful. Bashing the console or telling me I bought the wrong brand is useless and don't waste your breath. Yes, I'm looking at you ysobad and rc3mil and other PS fankids. Ive owned many from Sony, M$, Sega, Nintendo, PC, and really don't care at this point as to what's the master race.

Thanks, and stay classy!
Gold: 121.00
Apr 20 2016 06:13pm
calling your mom your wife
not cool bro
Gold: 16.00
Apr 20 2016 11:38pm
My advice? Its about to be fucking summer man. Sell that shit console and buy a tent or some fishing gear and get your pale, pasty ass the fuck outside
Gold: 235.00
Apr 21 2016 12:37am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Apr 20 2016 03:30pm)
So my wife just got me an Xbox one and I'm curious about the "things you must know" about the console. I've had a 360 for years and just now making the leap to next gen. Any tips and tricks are most appreciated.

Currently finished the update, took about an hour. Downloading a few games I had queued and she of course got me Dark Souls III so that's installing as I type. (I'm a lucky man... she also got me a 65" TV recently)

Advice and recommendations are super helpful and I'll be very thankful, and may even bronate if I see something truly useful. Bashing the console or telling me I bought the wrong brand is useless and don't waste your breath. Yes, I'm looking at you ysobad and rc3mil and other PS fankids. Ive owned many from Sony, M$, Sega, Nintendo, PC, and really don't care at this point as to what's the master race.

Thanks, and stay classy!

What games do you play? You use headphones a lot?

Xbox is only getting better Dx12, backwards compatibility.

Still waiting on a new skate game though!!!
Gold: 9.87
Apr 21 2016 12:53am
Make sure you go into your "My Games and Apps" on the far right a list will populate with all of your back compat licenses.

There are no more official themes as far as I know, but achievements can be set to your background. Some games actually use high quality artwork that is equivalent to a theme (titanfall, halo 5, magic duels).

Easy now to see the Games with Gold. Shows the 360 games now too with a direct way to download. Make sure you don't miss out on them. Sunset Overdrive is on there now. Good free exclusive to get.

Also if you're a Fallout or Skyrim fan, I would suggest Fallout 4 as one of your first games. It's legit.

This post was edited by timmayX on Apr 21 2016 01:02am
Gold: 235.00
Apr 21 2016 01:07am
Quote (timmayX @ Apr 20 2016 11:53pm)
Make sure you go into your "My Games and Apps" on the far right a list will populate with all of your back compat licenses.

There are no more official themes as far as I know, but achievements can be set to your background. Some games actually use high quality artwork that is equivalent to a theme (titanfall, halo 5, magic duels).

Easy now to see the Games with Gold. Shows the 360 games now too with a direct way to download. Make sure you don't miss out on them. Sunset Overdrive is on there now. Good free exclusive to get.

you can also put custom images for background as well.

Gold: 91,680.73
Apr 21 2016 04:22am
Good tips, thanks. Keep em coming, trying to learn the new dashboard as its a bit intense at first glance. Any shortcuts or tricks here would be great advice.

I do have a headset, need to figure out if it's compatible. Turtle beach x42. Anyone using this on the one?

And I don't game much, mostly at night when im unwinding from work. I have the Dark Souls series and enjoy it, haven't touched 3 yet as I'm almost finished 2. Enjoy elder scrolls series, gta, rts games like war craft 2&3, civ, aoe. Not a huge sports or racing fan but I'm downloading sunset overdrive as it was free and I heard good things. I like some fps like unreal, doom, quake, etc. But not a huge cod fan but have played a few times and it was ok.

The console came with rare replay, gears of war, and ori.

Quote (Chiefers @ Apr 20 2016 08:13pm)
calling your mom your wife
not cool bro

I was playing Mario Bros when you were in diapers. Put that in perspective, and say hi to your mom for me.

Quote (rc3mil @ Apr 21 2016 01:38am)
My advice? Its about to be fucking summer man. Sell that shit console and buy a tent or some fishing gear and get your pale, pasty ass the fuck outside

I have summer plans. Camping, biking, hiking, motorcycling, and fishing w my kids. This is just something to unwind with late at night after work. Thanks for the advice on life tho. Judging by the amount of posts I see from you, you could do the same.
Gold: 15.80
Apr 21 2016 11:12am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Apr 21 2016 03:22am)
Good tips, thanks. Keep em coming, trying to learn the new dashboard as its a bit intense at first glance. Any shortcuts or tricks here would be great advice.

I do have a headset, need to figure out if it's compatible. Turtle beach x42. Anyone using this on the one?

And I don't game much, mostly at night when im unwinding from work. I have the Dark Souls series and enjoy it, haven't touched 3 yet as I'm almost finished 2. Enjoy elder scrolls series, gta, rts games like war craft 2&3, civ, aoe. Not a huge sports or racing fan but I'm downloading sunset overdrive as it was free and I heard good things. I like some fps like unreal, doom, quake, etc. But not a huge cod fan but have played a few times and it was ok.

I was playing Mario Bros when you were in diapers. Put that in perspective, and say hi to your mom for me.

I have summer plans. Camping, biking, hiking, motorcycling, and fishing w my kids. This is just something to unwind with late at night after work. Thanks for the advice on life tho. Judging by the amount of posts I see from you, you could do the same.

my bros turtle beaches from his 360 worked, i think yours will as well

games to get you going under $30
-Farcry 4 (really fun for a playthrough)
-Wolfenstein (ALso very fun for a playthrough)
-The evil within (Very VERY fun game if its your style)

Top FPS in order
-rainbow six siege
- Halo 5
- Battlefield Hardline
Gold: 5.26
Apr 21 2016 03:50pm
Quote (jlhromeo @ Apr 20 2016 06:30pm)

Thanks, and stay classy!

Double tap on ur xbox logo on ur controller and pres X

Nice record video
Gold: 121.00
Apr 21 2016 04:34pm
Quote (jlhromeo @ Apr 21 2016 05:22am)

im 25 which is pretty old
you must be in your 40s

shouldve known though old people can never take a joke

This post was edited by Chiefers on Apr 21 2016 04:37pm
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll