d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Pathei Mathos > Paladin Of Suffering And Void
Prev1454647484958Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 666.69
Mar 5 2017 06:45pm
I'll break character for a moment and address the artwork. Certainly many pieces of Beksinski and others like Brunovsky have been used as pieces of a collage, I did try to edit them respectfully and tie them into the diablo universe.Perhaps I should have credited them earlier as they are artists of true genius, and I do hope that my photoshop comps have done them at least a bit of justice. I aspire to be a surrealist painter as well, and am merely trying to provide some exposure and appreciation of their works. I haven't posted one that I didn't consider at least some form of a derivative collage as there has been significant interpretation on my part, as well as some writing to signify each.

Maybe I should only create completely original works, there have been some like the first one in this walkthrough. Again, I hope that when I blend and combine the textures and elements of the artists works together in a meaningful way, I at least provide a new way to look at them.
Gold: 455.00
Mar 6 2017 12:40am
I think its good enough to donate some fg idk bout every1 else
Gold: 0.00
Mar 6 2017 01:32am
Quote (PatheiMathos @ Mar 6 2017 12:45am)
I'll break character for a moment and address the artwork. Certainly many pieces of Beksinski and others like Brunovsky have been used as pieces of a collage, I did try to edit them respectfully and tie them into the diablo universe.Perhaps I should have credited them earlier as they are artists of true genius, and I do hope that my photoshop comps have done them at least a bit of justice. I aspire to be a surrealist painter as well, and am merely trying to provide some exposure and appreciation of their works. I haven't posted one that I didn't consider at least some form of a derivative collage as there has been significant interpretation on my part, as well as some writing to signify each.

Maybe I should only create completely original works, there have been some like the first one in this walkthrough. Again, I hope that when I blend and combine the textures and elements of the artists works together in a meaningful way, I at least provide a new way to look at them.

For what it's worth the artwork you have created and used has helped to shape the atmosphere and sense of futility (on your character's part!) that oozes from this WT.
I, for one, think the work you've created highlights the insanity and sheer scale of the world that our heros inhabit. So many WT try to add a sense of humour to proceedings, some I enjoy some I don't; yours is the first that really tackles the soul draining mental and physical fatigue that such a monumental quest would have on even the hardiest of characters.

Please keep it up, please continue with your collaged and original works; whatever you feel encapsulates the aura of emotion you are attempting to create.

I await with greedy expectancy!
Gold: 1,902.28
Mar 6 2017 05:04pm
Is this the multi +1 thread?

Haven't seen so many 100-300 post accounts spamming in a thread before lol
Gold: 21.78
Mar 6 2017 05:42pm
Quote (ThatGuy211 @ 6 Mar 2017 15:40)
I think its good enough to donate some fg idk bout every1 else

Yeah sounds like a cool idea

3/6/2017, 6:42:03 PM Sent -650.00 (3,102.90 -> 2,452.90) to PatheiMathos (16.66 -> 666.66) Donation

Gold: 0.00
Mar 7 2017 05:09pm
Quote (Chuu @ Mar 6 2017 11:42pm)
Yeah sounds like a cool idea

3/6/2017, 6:42:03 PM Sent -650.00 (3,102.90 -> 2,452.90) to PatheiMathos (16.66 -> 666.66) Donation

I donated all I had (5fg) :wallbash:
Mar 7 2017 06:58pm

I could not forsee what dreams came to us as we swirled through time that did flow as rivers and stars that descended grey as ash. Slipping away, we beheld visions of worlds lit only by Hade's fires, elder souls detached and writhing to oblivion. Even with blinded eyes, I have been shown that which no mind should suffer. From the shadows beyond we saw the great keep collapse away into ruin as the realm fell into itself, as but one lone petal from a deathly rose. The great stone was torn away and all would never be as before.

A great chorus came forth with an echoing song, alluding to our fates. Their voices ought reveal the truth, for I and Abhaya -- while we are still one, are assuredly destined for a voidless void, a less than nothing. In the ether of the ephermeral, at last we were made whole.

The Path

The darkest night flows as the seas,
Preying on forms that yearn to be.
All myriad wings of heaven fold,
When wisdoms of true past are told.

Be it folly, duty or fate that binds,
All but those of lesser minds?
When entire worlds are cast away,
Can noble suffering itself decay?

-- Letters to Abhaya

Gold: 21.78
Mar 7 2017 11:31pm
Quote (PatheiMathos @ 8 Mar 2017 09:58)
http://i.imgur.com/nHudD0K.jpg

I could not forsee what dreams came to us as we swirled through time that did flow as rivers and stars that descended grey as ash. Slipping away, we beheld visions of worlds lit only by Hade's fires, elder souls detached and writhing to oblivion. Even with blinded eyes, I have been shown that which no mind should suffer. From the shadows beyond we saw the great keep collapse away into ruin as the realm fell into itself, as but one lone petal from a deathly rose. The great stone was torn away and all would never be as before.

A great chorus came forth with an echoing song, alluding to our fates. Their voices ought reveal the truth, for I and Abhaya -- while we are still one, are assuredly destined for a voidless void, a less than nothing. In the ether of the ephermeral, at last we were made whole.

The Path

The darkest night flows as the seas,
Preying on forms that yearn to be.
All myriad wings of heaven fold,
When wisdoms of true past are told.

Be it folly, duty or fate that binds,
All but those of lesser minds?
When entire worlds are cast away,
Can noble suffering itself decay?

-- Letters to Abhaya

Hell yeah nice post
Thank you!
Mar 12 2017 07:52pm

I felt as if my eyes had not yet seen the darkness in awakening. A true foreboding madness has become us now. How do matters proceed as they do in one's darkest dreams?

The very essence and familiar nature of this space gives lie to what has transpired. From the pasts that have fallen, even those of mine, I sense a truth. Yet even so, its very nature escapes me. Abhaya is here in the flesh and whole; by the gods let this one sign give me strength.

We met at the bridge in haste, emerging from our slumber, only to awaken to greater horrors still. My aching form once again grasps an instrument of will, and with Abhaya at my side; I feel a renewed hunger for what anguish may be on our heels.
Mar 13 2017 04:14am

They speak of us as if we are unknown to them. The mind can play its foolish games, but now is not the time for hasty action. My decision at last was to spare them from the truth... for now.

"A great eye", she said; you poor witch, can you not see that it is but I who watches over you in this shadow.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1454647484958Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll