d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Free Speech Under Attack In Deutschland
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2016 01:00pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 16 Apr 2016 16:44)
You seriously can't think of a better way to share a poem on a primarily text-based medium than linking a YouTube video, tho?

Well a video is best. Poetry in another language requires hearing the words spoken I feel. Pace, tone, feeling. Can't be made apparent through a translation on paper.

e/ ah... hadn't watched the vid when I posted...

Yea - if you're gonna post a vid then where is the original language audio?

FYI 'Deutschland' has never been known for having great freedom of speech.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 16 2016 01:03pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Apr 16 2016 01:04pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 16 2016 03:30pm)
Well a video is best. Poetry in another language requires hearing the words spoken I feel. Pace, tone, feeling. Can't be made apparent through a translation on paper.

Id pace, tone, and feel your ass
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2016 01:05pm
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ 16 Apr 2016 19:04)
Id pace, tone, and feel your ass

My arse can't get any more toned.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Apr 16 2016 01:05pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 16 2016 09:00pm)

e/ ah... hadn't watched the vid when I posted...

Yea - if you're gonna post a vid then where is the original language audio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPwVBIxDQT8 sry cant embed xD

skip to 0:40
Gold: 9.87
Apr 16 2016 01:09pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Apr 16 2016 11:54am)
Merkel is a fan of George Orwell it seems.

I doubt women and general voters care that much, given their average opinions in Germany.

These countries don't have the same freedoms as the USA. Can't really compare since in this case there is literally a law against free speech. There are also cases in Scotland of people being jailed for publicly supporting closing borders to migrants. Scottish authorities actually publicly said on Twitter that they are monitoring and will enforce anything they deem offensive.

More important are any attempts at censoring free speech in America.

We can say that free speech should be a right for everyone. But since it is not in written law in most countries, the ones that have it are the exception not the rule.

This post was edited by timmayX on Apr 16 2016 01:10pm
Gold: 431.00
Apr 16 2016 01:24pm
Some of us on the forum speak the master tongue.
I'm looking for the original and not finding it.
Gold: 3.33
Apr 16 2016 01:30pm
Quote (timmayX @ Apr 16 2016 08:09pm)
These countries don't have the same freedoms as the USA. Can't really compare since in this case there is literally a law against free speech. There are also cases in Scotland of people being jailed for publicly supporting closing borders to migrants. Scottish authorities actually publicly said on Twitter that they are monitoring and will enforce anything they deem offensive.

More important are any attempts at censoring free speech in America.

We can say that free speech should be a right for everyone. But since it is not in written law in most countries, the ones that have it are the exception not the rule.

People on this subforum love to make shit up about how things are going in *insert European country* because they think they can get away with it due to pard being mostly American hence in their bubble...not me though.

But I mean, even if Scotland censored free speech to some extent, their police don't have the right to lawfully detain a Scottish citizen for an unlimited period of time without charge and simply under 'suspicion' of wrongdoing. They don't constantly surveil internet and phone records of citizens anywhere near to the extent as in the US either.

In pretty much every way possible, Western European countries have a much greater degree of freedom than America does.
Gold: 9.87
Apr 16 2016 01:40pm
Quote (dro94 @ Apr 16 2016 02:30pm)
People on this subforum love to make shit up about how things are going in *insert European country* because they think they can get away with it due to pard being mostly American hence in their bubble...not me though.

But I mean, even if Scotland censored free speech to some extent, their police don't have the right to lawfully detain a Scottish citizen for an unlimited period of time without charge and simply under 'suspicion' of wrongdoing. They don't constantly surveil internet and phone records of citizens anywhere near to the extent as in the US either.

In pretty much every way possible, Western European countries have a much greater degree of freedom than America does.

I like the part where I said "detain for an indefinite period of time without charge." I see you still like to exaggerate others posts to try to make your argument look better.
Gold: 431.00
Apr 16 2016 01:49pm
Quote (dro94 @ 16 Apr 2016 14:30)

Can't really hear your defense of censorship over the 1776 decibels of freedom ringing in my ears.
Gold: 3.33
Apr 16 2016 01:58pm
Quote (timmayX @ Apr 16 2016 08:40pm)
I like the part where I said "detain for an indefinite period of time without charge." I see you still like to exaggerate others posts to try to make your argument look better.

I'm referring to America's policy, not Scotland's. It's hinting at your hypocrisy

Quote (general_patton @ Apr 16 2016 08:49pm)
Can't really hear your defense of censorship over the 1776 decibels of freedom ringing in my ears.

That isn't even an important part of our history, that's how insignificant you are to us...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll