d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Which Inevitable Meltdown Will Be Funnier? > Trump Or Sanders Supporters?
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 200.83
Apr 21 2016 02:57pm
Quote (Pollster @ Apr 21 2016 12:51pm)
That's essentially an oxymoron. Whatever their faults, I've always thought they legitimately believe it.

But Trump has shown himself to be politically incompetent, too. A Sanders vs. Trump general election would be a matchup between two candidates where neither one of them has hardly any data or infrastructure. Sanders' expenditures this cycle look like the typical Republican candidate: it's overwhelming ads, payroll, and things with no return on the investment. Trump's of course doesn't look like the typical anything, meaning he's even less prepared.

There would be absolutely no way to definitively call that matchup in a neutral climate from how we'd have to get there from right here. Sanders might have the smallest of advantages.

When you spend the least and have an amazing voter turnout you are the unprepared one? Trump knows how to handle money is all that it shows.
Gold: 607.00
Apr 21 2016 03:01pm
Quote (majorblood @ Apr 21 2016 03:57pm)
When you spend the least and have an amazing voter turnout you are the unprepared one? Trump knows how to handle money is all that it shows.

Obviously not.

And to the second, hasn't it been shown that he's just paying himself back with the donations he receives anyway?

The whole race seems like a parody to me.
Gold: 28,296.69
Apr 21 2016 03:13pm
Quote (Bongmaker @ Apr 21 2016 01:01pm)
Obviously not.

And to the second, hasn't it been shown that he's just paying himself back with the donations he receives anyway?

I've heard he reached out early on to get establishment support and was rejected which is when he became the "telling it like it is" anti establishment candidate

and yeah he is paying himself back

This post was edited by Beowulf on Apr 21 2016 03:14pm
Gold: 9.87
Apr 21 2016 03:15pm
Quote (Bongmaker @ Apr 21 2016 04:01pm)
Obviously not.

Yeah he's probably playing himself back with donations, but at least he doesn't beg for them at every turn. Or have backroom meetings with nefarious superPACs.
Gold: 607.00
Apr 21 2016 03:18pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Apr 21 2016 04:13pm)
I've heard he reached out early on to get establishment support and was rejected which is when he became the "telling it like it is" anti establishment candidate

and yeah he is paying himself back

While I believe that he reached out, since he seems like that type of guy, I don't know if I can believe the secondary part as there is nearly 3 decades of video where he seems to be speaking out in a way that seems quite the "telling like it is" type of speech.

I thought so. Certainly he's the people champ. :lol:

Quote (timmayX @ Apr 21 2016 04:15pm)
Yeah he's probably playing himself back with donations, but at least he doesn't beg for them at every turn. Or have backroom meetings with nefarious superPACs.

Might I ask, how else would you get donations ? Is there public funding of elections?

That he's so rich that he can fund himself doesn't mean he's qualified, merely one of the people that this kind of position seems to be saved for.

This post was edited by Bongmaker on Apr 21 2016 03:21pm
Gold: 20.31
Apr 21 2016 04:33pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Apr 21 2016 01:55pm)
I just think incompetent Trump outperforms incompetent Bernie

granted general election is different but I think Trump has shown more ability to get votes than Bernie

I also see Bernie growing weaker and weaker and Trump not dropping as fast, also once he switches to general mode he may be able to stop the bleeding enough to pull that win out

but you know more about the ins and outs than I do so I'm just going off gut feeling

There's a whole lot to consider. I might run a few simulations and see how things would play out under different scenarios. Neither one of them have shown much ability to get votes (above their floors) and the lack of data and infrastructure are really why. Their opponents invested heavily in it: Clinton's built a juggernaut and Cruz has built one of the best data operations in the history of national Republican politics.

Part of the reason you get the sense that Bernie's getting weaker and weaker vs. Trump not dropping as fast is that Bernie has Clinton's fine-tuned infrastructure just picking him apart week after week after week no matter where they go, how much money he brings in, or what the story of the week is. Trump's weathering this storm because he and Cruz are essentially equals, even-money to win the nomination. With the rules that the Democrats play by, once a candidate opens up a lead like Clinton did, if they continue to win delegates like she did they can pretty much make it impossible for the opponent to catch up.

Quote (majorblood @ Apr 21 2016 01:57pm)

I think you're conflating the overall Republican turnout (all votes cast for all Republican candidates) with Trump's individual turnout. His campaign struggles to perform even the most basic operations related to organizing and turning out voters, and they're not great with the budget either. They've been living off of free media.
Gold: 200.83
Apr 21 2016 05:16pm
Quote (Pollster @ Apr 21 2016 02:33pm)
I think you're conflating the overallRepublican turnout(all votes cast for all Republican candidates) with Trump's individual turnout. His campaign struggles to perform even the most basic operations related to organizing and turning out voters, and they're not great with the budget either. They've been living off of free media.

Quote (Pollster @ Apr 21 2016 02:33pm)
. Trump's weathering this storm because he and Cruz are essentially equals, even-money to win the nomination.

If you consider mathematically impossible to get 1237 delegates equal

This post was edited by majorblood on Apr 21 2016 05:20pm
Gold: 1,065.00
Apr 21 2016 05:17pm
Bernie fans gonna go nuts.
Gold: 9.87
Apr 21 2016 05:23pm
Quote (Bongmaker @ Apr 21 2016 04:18pm)
While I believe that he reached out, since he seems like that type of guy, I don't know if I can believe the secondary part as there is nearly 3 decades of video where he seems to be speaking out in a way that seems quite the "telling like it is" type of speech.

I thought so. Certainly he's the people champ. :lol:

Might I ask, how else would you get donations ? Is there public funding of elections?

That he's so rich that he can fund himself doesn't mean he's qualified, merely one of the people that this kind of position seems to be saved for.

I didn't say it made him more qualified. I just said that he doesn't consistently beg for money. Bernie is spending like it's going out of style and still begging for those small donations.

This post was edited by timmayX on Apr 21 2016 05:23pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 21 2016 05:25pm
trump wall will become the tears wall

Quote (majorblood @ 22 Apr 2016 00:16)

what a lie bullshit

less money, but most of it is coming from his own pocket :rofl:

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35713168

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Apr 21 2016 05:26pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll