d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Diablo Clone Hunters > Zeusthreehund's Über/clone Vindicator > An updated guide
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 17 2007 11:24am
Last time I made a smiter was in 1.10, I think smitters get their damage from the shield, and elite shields have more damage. Why not use a spirit elite pala shield instead of herald? Maybe things are different than the old days.
Gold: 32.80
Jun 17 2007 11:55am
Quote (compres @ Sun, Jun 17 2007, 01:24pm)
Last time I made a smiter was in 1.10, I think smitters get their damage from the shield, and elite shields have more damage. Why not use a spirit elite pala shield instead of herald? Maybe things are different than the old days.

up'd herald is an preferrence..

the current setup i use atm

Weapon: Last wish PB
Helm: Shako/ Gulli
Shield: Eth Zak 44 res exile
Belt: Tgods
Boots: Waterwalks, with last wish and gulli i already got 100% chance to cast cb
Gloves: Dracs
Rings: 1 Raven, 1 stat ring
Amulet: Stat ammy (2 pcomb, 22 str, 54 life, 23 cold res, 12 dex, 75% psn length reduction) because godleh
Charms: 1 hellfire torch, 1 anni, 23x 18-20 lifers with sometype of resist, 6x pcombs with 30 or so life( dueler too)

Name: AwittleKittyCat, maybe he's killed you before-never know

do ubers in about...45 seconds tops, solo, no barbs bo, no hammers to help clean up, no static field from a sorc

Gold: 825.00
Jun 18 2007 10:54pm
necro summoner is also pretty good. he walked in my private game a few days ago, i thought i would just die. so, i got as many summons as i could.
all of them died immediately EXCEPT for my 16 skeletons.
for a weapon, i use a beast axe because of its fanatacism aura, BUT it also has prevent monster heal.
so, i just stayed back and kept casting decrepify on him, DIDN'T DIE ONCE! AND only 4 skeletons died.
Jun 23 2007 02:37pm
Quote (STANUL @ Tue, Jun 19 2007, 12:54am)
necro summoner is also pretty good. he walked in my private game a few days ago, i thought i would just die. so, i got as many summons as i could.
all of them died immediately EXCEPT for my 16 skeletons.
for a weapon, i use a beast axe because of its fanatacism aura, BUT it also has prevent monster heal.
so, i just stayed back and kept casting decrepify on him, DIDN'T DIE ONCE! AND only 4 skeletons died.

completly off topic, i consider this spam
Gold: 1,322.69
Jun 25 2007 06:19pm
Nice build. This is almost exactly the build I used in the prior ladder season and the first half of the ladder season that ended today. Since I only use my smiter for trist runs I changed to gear what I felt works better for solo'ing the ubers (see my variation below). It never takes me more than a minute, I never die, about 1/2 the time my merc lives through it. But as you say, a lot of this is just personal preference.

Helm: Ber'ed Andy's
Explanation: I get 80+% CB with gores + lastwish PB. Other properties on Andy are too good to turn down.

Body Armor: Coh
Explanation: Agree: I have no idea why you would want anything other then a COH.

Weapon: Lastwish PB
Explanation: With other gear choices I don't need IAS from Grief and the added CB, fade, life tap, and might work better for pure ubers

Sheild: Elite paladin shield exile
Explanation: Agree that this is preference, in fact for me it is almost a toss up. HoZ is definately better for zealing and a great shield. I chose Exile for the extra life tap source, defiance, and freeze. With two life tap sources I never worry about it not casting quickly enough. And with defiance from shield and might from lastwish I can use a holy freeze merc.

Gloves: I use laying of hands.
Explanation: I have no need for life tap so these seem like the best option. Plus they are uber cheap tongue.gif

Boots: Upp'ed Goreriders
Explanation: Hard to argue with these unless you just don't need the CB or DS.

Amulet: Seraphs
Explanation: I don't need the stats or resists from maras, this is cheaper and the other properties are better suited to melee

Rings: 1x raven and 1x resist + stat + AR ring
Explanation: I need the stats and CNBF + the resists are nice until fade casts

Belt: String of Ears
Explanation: Never bothered to get a better belt, DR and LL are nice.
Gold: 51.00
Jul 6 2007 10:09am
I'd like to point out that each base point into the res auras gives +1% passive max resist, not 0.5. Otherwise nice build. :]
Jul 13 2007 12:34pm
actually there are even better boots than gore riders, u ask: what can be even beter? well heres the answer icon_pointr.gif goblin toe light plated boots ,, why better??

gore riders have 15 crushing blow and 15 critical strike or whatever but critical doesnt work on smite wink.gif

goblins have 25 cb biggrin.gif

This post was edited by karonn on Jul 13 2007 12:34pm
Jul 13 2007 07:40pm
Quote (karonn @ Fri, Jul 13 2007, 02:34pm)
actually there are even better boots than gore riders, u ask: what can be even beter? well heres the answer icon_pointr.gif goblin toe light plated boots ,, why better??

gore riders have 15 crushing blow and 15 critical strike or whatever but critical doesnt work on smite wink.gif

goblins have 25 cb biggrin.gif

i say they both suck because with lastwish and gullis you get max cb anyway + the res auras give .5 to max resist per hard point, i would think i knew what the fuck i was talking about to get a guide posted, but you know, the last guy didnt
Jul 14 2007 08:24pm
Does open wounds work on smite? I heard its nice to have O.o, what do you think?
Gold: 10.15
Jul 17 2007 08:25pm
HELP...

what's wrong with my smiter....????

this is what i'm wearing:

coh
guillumes (35% cb)
black (40% cb and 15 ais)
crafted blood gloves (10% cb)
goblin toe (25% cb)
e exile
maras
rfrost
bk ring
dungo belt
3x pcomb gc's

why does it seem like i do ZERO damage when i'm hittin stuff?

i end up doin about 1900 dmg and have 110% cb (if i added correctly)

maybe cuz i'm over 100% i have no cb?

wtf is goin on? am i gonna be able to kill ubers?
Go Back To Diablo Clone Hunters Topic List
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll