d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Add A "clear All" Or "clear Subject" Option > To Push Notifications.
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 323,370.63
Apr 5 2016 07:16am
Suggestion regarding the new push notification function

Sometimes when you either haven't used jsp for some time, or if you have used d2jsp from another device and switch back, you get a very large amount of push notifications lined up.
Either you have already got notice of the content (when you used d2jsp from another device) or you don't wish to go through all notifications that you got while being gone for some time.

Well, now you ask, why bother using the notification function?
Because it's a wonderful function! However, sometimes you wish to "discover" new content thats been added when you were offline in a casual fashion, or you have already seen the content from another device!

for instance: you have a tracked thread that you wish to be kept updated about. But this particular thread is a very active and popular one, so when you are gone for say 24-48 hours, there has been 100+ new replies made.
You will then have to close each of them individually one-by-one by clicking the "x".
It would be neat to have an option in the notification-message to "clear all", or in this case perhaps only to "clear subject" if you wish to clear the certain category of notifications (like any notification regarding same thread, or any notifications regarding your private messages)

I imagine it would best be done something like this, to add a drop down menu/few extra buttons into the push notification:

Additionally, if you browse jsp from many devices (like me, I have one stationary pc at my home town, and one lap top in my uni study. Weeks can pass between my swap of devices), you will notice how the push notifications will add up for the non-active device, as "pending", like below.
Adding a "clear all" function would come in handy in this case.

I have no knowledge in regards to coding or the mechanics behind this feature, but I hope it's not something that's impossible to implement.
Thanks
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2016 07:30am
My hero

Every-time I get onto laptop its flooded with new notifications and doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of all at once
Gold: 323,370.63
Apr 5 2016 08:04am
Quote (Marw @ 5 Apr 2016 15:30)
My hero

Every-time I get onto laptop its flooded with new notifications and doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of all at once

:wub:

Yeah, I know that feeling hehe. otherwise this update is lovely.
Gold: 15,410.01
Apr 5 2016 08:26am
i really love the push notifications and since i use jsp on 3 devices i have the same problem as jesper and marw :D
voted yes ofc! very great suggestion!
Gold: 0.69
Trader: Trusted
Apr 5 2016 05:40pm
Yeah, would be nice.
Admin
Gold: 24,673.79
Trader: Trusted
Apr 6 2016 06:54am
That's not what "pending" means on that page. That pending number is the number of notifications your device has yet to receive, however, they are already pushed out, and either you will get them, or you won't (for instance, Firefox isn't as robust as Google, and will start dropping notifications after short order, and doesn't always deliver every single one). Google, however, delivers one per notification even days/weeks after it was sent.

So, the problem is, you can't just clear it, Google already has them queued up on their end, and what will happen is if it's wiped on my my end, you will get "error, unable to fetch message" notifications popping up, 1 for each of those pending, instead of the actual message that was saved. There is no current way to cancel a push once it's already been pushed (and waiting in Google's queue), that I'm aware of. Sorry. :(

Also, on the PC, they disappear by themselves, just open your browser, go grab get a glass of water, come back, and it should hopefully be cleared out on it's own. (Just keep your mouse away from the popup alert area, is all)
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll