d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > The Book Of Mormon
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Apr 2 2016 02:37pm
I have LDS guys coming to my house frequently, and though they are nice and polite, they are very persistent that Gods word is contained in the BOM and Joseph Smith was a prophet etc

they claim that all of this can be confirmed by simply praying to God and asking him to reveal to you the truth

what do you think of this tactic? what do you think of the book of mormon or mormons?
Gold: 260.11
Apr 2 2016 06:27pm
That it can be confirmed by praying, or going door to door?
Gold: 2,620.00
Apr 2 2016 08:23pm
Quote (NoMNoK @ 2 Apr 2016 15:37)
I have LDS guys coming to my house frequently, and though they are nice and polite, they are very persistent that Gods word is contained in the BOM and Joseph Smith was a prophet etc

they claim that all of this can be confirmed by simply praying to God and asking him to reveal to you the truth

what do you think of this tactic? what do you think of the book of mormon or mormons?

1) On Mormons: I've had some Mormons come to my door, too. I always enjoy talking with them. They tend to be nice and thoughtful people.

2) On the Book of Mormon: I think the Book of Mormon is, objectively speaking, less accurate than the Bible. It almost certainly has to be, because it is the Bible plus some other ideas that have little basis.

For instance, we know for a fact that there were not Horses in America before the Spanish came in the 1500s, yet the Book of Mormon describes them as being here with the Natives before that time period.

Edit: I apologize, I thought this was in PaRD and didn't realize it was the CF.

This post was edited by ThatAlex on Apr 2 2016 08:28pm
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic