d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Agnostic Seeking Faith Advice
Closed New Topic
Gold: 60,065.34
Mar 19 2016 06:48am
I have been agnostic for as long as I can remember. With the extensive research I've done I haven't been able to sway myself in either direction.

I say this because I've been in a very bad, dark place recently. So bad that the other night I actually prayed. I'm not going to lie, I felt silly talking to someone who may not be there. It's just that I can't imagine a God who would let this vast amount of suffering in this world just continue. (I understand the whole free will argument - but that feels like more of a cop out to me)

Anyway, my point and my main question is

How am I supposed to put my entire being into something that I don't is there or not?

Maybe this is silly posting and asking for advice. I just feel so beyond help at this point.

Posted here to avoid the trolls, figured I'd get some serious answers about faith here.
Gold: 0.32
Mar 19 2016 10:41am
I've been in a very bad, dark place recently

I felt silly talking to someone who may not be there

the darkness seems very real to you why then should the light seem silly

Definition of Faith
Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; firm belief in something for which there may be no tangible proof; complete trust, confidence, reliance or devotion. Faith is the opposite of doubt.

no matter what you have proof of in your life I hope you find your way from the darkness I myself am just coming out of a dark place and I know that's not gods will for you
if your living in doubt ask him to make himself real to you (no matter how silly it seems) and watch how your life changes

This post was edited by fCnez on Mar 19 2016 10:42am
Gold: 7,252.72
Mar 19 2016 10:49am
...if God were to offer you the - free gift - of saving Grace would you accept it ?
Gold: 60,065.34
Mar 19 2016 03:21pm
Quote (fCnez @ Mar 19 2016 11:41am)
I've been in a very bad, dark place recently

I felt silly talking to someone who may not be there

the darkness seems very real to you why then should the light seem silly

Definition of Faith
Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; firm belief in something for which there may be no tangible proof; complete trust, confidence, reliance or devotion. Faith is the opposite of doubt.

no matter what you have proof of in your life I hope you find your way from the darkness I myself am just coming out of a dark place and I know that's not gods will for you
if your living in doubt ask him to make himself real to you (no matter how silly it seems) and watch how your life changes

But if I ask him to present himself to me, and I make strides for myself, what is the difference if I never asked in the first place?

WWhy not credit yourself?
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Closed New Topic