d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Marvel Heroes 2016
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3.60
Feb 7 2016 04:49am
I've only been playing this game for three months but it's the greatest PC game I've ever played.
Since installing Marvel Heroes I haven't even logged into Diablo II, Diablo III or Path of Exile ever again.
Late October of 2015 to be exact. I just reached 110 days of service in the game on my log-in rewards.

I'm going to keep track of every playable hero I can unlock as time goes on. Right now I only have 14 characters out of 55 unlocked and 6 total team-up heroes (mercenaries). There will be seven new heroes added in 2016 this year - Angela, Black Bolt, Elektra, Green Goblin, Nick Fury and Ultron. The seventh hero will be unveiled towards the end of 2016 as it nears release.

The hero I main the most is Black Widow. She's the only hero I reached cosmic prestige on (level 58).
It's going to take me a little while longer to reach level 60 though. Cosmic prestige is the best of the best.

I don't think I can keep tabs on every hero on the profile's games list as there are only enough spaces to list 20.

Also I made my own Supergroup in the game called X Ambassadors Renegades
If you want to join, if you play this amazing game, let me know. I'm @DreamTeam in Marvel Heroes.
I can certainly help new players. I'm still pretty new myself. The game is fun when you have a dedicated team.
Feb 9 2016 01:42pm
I just reached level 59 on cosmic prestige for Black Widow. I'm only one level away from reaching that ultimate goal.
It's been very fun and challenging at the same time. Leveling on cosmic prestige is much slower (25 times longer).
But Natasha is my favorite hero in the Marvel Universe, much less this game, so I've had tons of fun playing her.

I can't imagine trying to reach level 60 on cosmic prestige for all 55 heroes (soon to be 62). I'm only doing it on one.
Although, I could see myself trying to do so on Captain America eventually. I had a lot of fun leveling him already.

Black Widow and Captain America are my two favorite heroes: Sigh, but why are they fighting on different sides in the new Captain America: Civil War movie? They bonded so well on the big screen in Captain America: Winter Soldier a few years ago (2014). I can't wait for the new movie to come out in May. It seems like there's a new trailer every so often that simply teases us. I guess I have to accept the fact that Natasha is #TeamIronMan but to be fair she's always been on Iron Man's side from the beginning. But oh well, I'm still #TeamCap myself.

What I love the most about Marvel Heroes 2016 is it's an action MMORPG that plays in the same vein like Diablo II. It had the same game designer, David Brevik, who originally founded Blizzard North way back in the day (before the original D2 was created and released during the summer of 2000), but he recently left Gazillion to pursue a new CEO job on a new game that is being developed.

It has some steady graphics like Diablo III but with better overall gameplay and a much larger roster, playable heroes and team-up heroes (merceneries) to choose from. It rivals and actually surpasses the fluidity that I found so amazing on Path of Exile. It puts a little bit of what I enjoyed from all three of those RPG games all into one. I will probably play those other three games again just so I don't completely forget about them. But Marvel Heroes 2016 plays so well and the Gazillion staff is very committed to improving every inch of the game. It's amazing it's a free-to-play game in all honesty. It seems like they should be charging a monthly fee for all the great work that they do.

A friend asked me to try out "DC Universe Online" a while back. I'll try it out eventually. But right now Marvel Heroes 2016 is a lot of fun for me to play. I wish I had discovered this amazing gem by Gazillion a lot sooner. At least a year or two ago. As I wouldn't feel so far behind. While I have become pretty good in just over three months, I'm nowhere near the elite players who have been playing since the early days.
Feb 13 2016 05:05pm

I finally reached level 60 cosmic prestige on Black Widow. It's my only cosmic prestige character so it's a nice little accomplishment but I can't imagine being able to do this on every hero. It's a really tough grind to say the least. I'm just now experiencing some of the exciting end-game content that I hadn't before played.

But first, before I consider myself capable of comfortably defeating the tough end-game content, I must upgrade all of my gear and even medallion. A friend in the game hooked me up with some powerful artifacts (four of them that I happily equipped) that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to get myself. So that definitely helped me out a lot.

It's going to take me a while to be as good as I want to become in this game (I still consider myself a newbie 3.5 months in), but I'm slowly but surely getting there. In the mean time I just have to keep saving up my eternity splinters so I can unlock everything I need. Roster expansion most specifically (playable heroes and team-up heroes), but also an extra stash tab that I've been needing. I'll be unlocking the General 38 S.T.A.S.H. tab for 600 eternity splinters once I have that much saved up again. I currently have a little over 300 eternity splinters.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic