d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mooji. Self-enquiry For Awareness Of The True Self
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Jan 31 2016 11:22pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 31 2016 11:05pm)
Christianity isn't on the decline because the internet has made knowledge available to everyone you dupe. Smartphones and social media are destroying our generations interests in literature, theology, expanding ones horizon, etc. Most people in their teens and 20s are spending more time on twitter or facebook commenting on nonsense rather than picking up a book to learn literature, history, etc.

Even the art of conversation is being lost. The other day i was sitting at work in the lunchroom and as i look around, literally every single person is glued to their phones. No ones talking to each other, and our English is becoming more basic and dumbed down with each passing generation.

Every generation says this. Before phones it was television, before that people were glued to their newspapers, you can go back further if you want.

Believe it or not higher standard of living, higher education, and greater freedom actually does erode religion. It erodes all traditional systems, family included.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jan 31 2016 11:23pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Feb 1 2016 01:41am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 1 2016 12:05am)
Christianity isn't on the decline because the internet has made knowledge available to everyone you dupe. Smartphones and social media are destroying our generations interests in literature, theology, expanding ones horizon, etc. Most people in their teens and 20s are spending more time on twitter or facebook commenting on nonsense rather than picking up a book to learn literature, history, etc.

Even the art of conversation is being lost. The other day i was sitting at work in the lunchroom and as i look around, literally every single person is glued to their phones. No ones talking to each other, and our English is becoming more basic and dumbed down with each passing generation.

I agree, I went out for Dinner last week and after I placed my order I looked around the restaurant - every single person had their nose buried in their little phones. And when you try to talk to anyone IRL, you basically have to keep any comment to less than 30 secs - 1 minute because most people become obsessed social media robots. If you ever watch a movie from the 40s, dialogue was so much more complex and interesting.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll