d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mooji. Self-enquiry For Awareness Of The True Self
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 31 2016 04:51pm
Quote (TidsL @ Jan 31 2016 05:42pm)
Haha. I did, actually, but you were the one choosing to go in here and complain, so why do "you" bother? And it's not mine, nothing belongs to "me"
:D Ask yourself, who is it really that is bothered? And who decided to klick this thread more than 3 times? Was this a concious choise, or habitual and almost automatic without much space at all? Were you aware of your self while doing this? While writing that? While reading this?

This is no such "hippie dippie" thing, it might seem like religious ideas and that's why I posted it here, but this is more simple than simple. It's beyond that, yet something that seems difficult for the mind to accept and grasp, because there is nothing to grasp, no effort to make. It's about pure beingness and awareness of the made up identity, what is the self? where is the "I"? What is aware of the sense "I am". What percieves this awareness? Does your mind present you with an image of yourself? Do you believe yourself to be this image? or feeling? Then what preceded it, what observes the awareness of this idea of self?

What are you beyond identification with all imagination, all thoughts, all beliefs, all self image. What is always there, effortlessly still, silent, unchanging?

Kind of like what Eckart Tolle is talking about, but I find Mooji being more clear and direct.

Why do Eckart Tolle folks always have strange avatars/signatures?
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 31 2016 04:57pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 1 2016 01:51am)

drugs
Gold: 2,211.60
Jan 31 2016 05:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 31 2016 10:51pm)

Why do you think the "flower of life" is strange? It is a geometry fundamental to existance itself and you can find it just about everywhere in nature and geometries contained within it are depicted in religions and religious buildings all over the world.. :D But okay, reality is strange, but is it more strange than your choise of avatar?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 31 2016 05:18pm
The whole message of peace and fraternal love is very welcome.
Congratulations to OP. :hug:
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 31 2016 05:26pm
Quote (TidsL @ Jan 31 2016 06:13pm)
Why do you think the "flower of life" is strange? It is a geometry fundamental to existance itself and you can find it just about everywhere in nature and geometries contained within it are depicted in religions and religious buildings all over the world.. :D But okay, reality is strange, but is it more strange than your choise of avatar?

I googled flower of life and the top 10 results were from a bunch of wacky websites.

My avatar is only strange to people deprived of the joy of being raised on Calvin and Hobbes comic books.
Gold: 6.66
Jan 31 2016 08:10pm
Quote (Gastly @ Feb 1 2016 12:39am)
Fair enough. I don't really see the value of what is called knowledge, it certainly isn't smart to use knowledge to cause immense amounts of suffering.
In all likelihood knowledge will eventually amount to a smoldering hellhole of a planet - it is after all the most wicked of all animals that managed to acquire this knowledge.

Knowledge is also the key to avoid that fate, such knowledge includes the collective memory of what is harmful and to be avoided. Our wickedness doesn't differ too much from other animals though in my view. Only our potential in expressing it is much stronger.
Gold: 152.00
Jan 31 2016 10:38pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 31 2016 05:51pm)

Looks cool after your eat shrooms.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jan 31 2016 10:48pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 31 2016 05:21pm)
...save your hippie dippie bullshit for someone else son .

I was trying to find the passage in the Bible that tells you to hate everything that is different from you but i couldn't find that quote,

so is this just your real spiteful piss and vinegar true self or something the pastor of your local kkk branch teaches?
Gold: 88.21
Jan 31 2016 10:58pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jan 31 2016 09:48pm)
I was trying to find the passage in the Bible that tells you to hate everything that is different from you but i couldn't find that quote,

so is this just your real spiteful piss and vinegar true self or something the pastor of your local kkk branch teaches?

Both as usual
Gold: 6,351.00
Jan 31 2016 11:05pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jan 31 2016 01:09pm)
You laugh, but it is true.

Organized religion and Christianity in the US has been slowly declining over the past decades, and the invention and growth of the internet has been attributed as one of the factors to the relatively larger decline seen in the millinial generation.

Christianity isn't on the decline because the internet has made knowledge available to everyone you dupe. Smartphones and social media are destroying our generations interests in literature, theology, expanding ones horizon, etc. Most people in their teens and 20s are spending more time on twitter or facebook commenting on nonsense rather than picking up a book to learn literature, history, etc.

Even the art of conversation is being lost. The other day i was sitting at work in the lunchroom and as i look around, literally every single person is glued to their phones. No ones talking to each other, and our English is becoming more basic and dumbed down with each passing generation.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jan 31 2016 11:06pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll