d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Hunter X Hunter - Spoiler Alert
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,240.00
Jan 26 2016 10:23am
Quote (Marley @ Jan 25 2016 06:52pm)
i thought it was lame.
why couldnt nero just do what gon/kurapika did?

What because so much stronger than your ridiculous opponent just because you want to be
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 26 2016 11:48am
Almost all writers back themselves into a corner at some point, especially manga writers. I was holding back my true strength, I have this special ability, I get stronger after I get beat up etc.... the list goes on and fucking on of shit that happens in shows at the last minute and it's always a cop-out. It's not about that, it's about whether or not the ride is entertaining, and it was pretty fucking entertaining with Hunter x Hunter.
Gold: 3.60
Jan 26 2016 12:02pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 26 2016 05:48pm)
Almost all writers back themselves into a corner at some point, especially manga writers. I was holding back my true strength, I have this special ability, I get stronger after I get beat up etc.... the list goes on and fucking on of shit that happens in shows at the last minute and it's always a cop-out. It's not about that, it's about whether or not the ride is entertaining, and it was pretty fucking entertaining with Hunter x Hunter.

but things were hinted

super saiyan was hinted a while before goku turned

hollowfication was hinted at the very beginning for ichigo

nero was introduced as a powerful character
same as hisoka

but you can't just introduce a cop out 10 minutes before you're going to use it

implement it early on
build some hints or give glimpses of it

the bomb was literally explained RIGHT before he used it

the extra magical wishmaster family member was introduced RIGHT when they needed it

It wouldn't have hurt if they gave a hint of the hidden family member early on and then returned to it

These things were literally put in right exactly when they needed it

It's comparable to the recent bleach arc where everyone magically has a counter for their counter's counter
it destroys the build up

that ending to the fight with the ant king was so underwhelming and disappointing

again just my opinion

This post was edited by itzpookiie on Jan 26 2016 12:03pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll