d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1247248249250251298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
May 21 2018 10:05pm
:bonk:
Gold: 655.00
May 22 2018 04:05am
Gold: 1,532.01
May 22 2018 02:15pm
Two epileptics arguing over who's brand of craziness is best, beautiful
Gold: 0.00
May 22 2018 09:54pm
Quote (Tjo @ May 21 2018 09:25pm)
The problem which cannot be solved is that the old testament talks about this world not about heaven therefore you cant seem to get your grasp on it. You are so stuck in christian dogma.

No. The mosaic covenant will never, ever disappear. G-d clearly said that it was eternal. The new covenant spoken about by Jeremiah is simply this; that the law would be put in their hearts and they would obey it naturally, instinctively. No man had to teach his neighbor about G-d because everyone would know him. This has not been fulfilled at all by Christianity.

Well the contradictions in nt are too numerous but you can look up the early prophecy about matthew i think, concerning the cry in rama. He took the prophecy out of context and it was a prophecy about the jews returning from exile.

Nt claims that jesus is the final sacrifice for sins yet Ezekiel and others speak of the temple time when G-d will accept the sin offerings and thank offerings.

But no mattee how many times you point out these contradictions to a xristian they never will never surrender because they love their idol too much. There are countless information on youtube by rabbis debating christians especially one that is with rabbi mizrachi who literally makes a joke of christianity and his opponent, a professor in theology for 30 years, actually abandon his faith after the debate because he can see clearly how absurd the nt is.

It is sad that the clear, direct and relatively easy to understand (for the most part) old testament got hijacked by wannabe gentiles who turned the simple G-D into a religion of superstitious nonsense. They took parts of the old and made up a story of it. They wanted to smash in as much material from the ot as possible to make their case and in the process they lost all credibility. And whenever a thoughtful person questions its theology the pastors always has the same unsatisfactory answer full of intellectual acrobatics, absurd nonsense and blatant twistings of scripture. The Jews never bought into that silliness but remained faithful to the one and only true religion, and just as Moses foretold they have been living the way he said throughout Christian history, and now recently are forgiven, restored, and blessed in their homeland, something which the ot clearly states will never happen unless they had his favour - and they evidently at the present have it, in spite of the lack of belief in Jesus. Had the Jews ever accepted Jesus, Moses and countless other prophecies would never have been fulfilled. The later chapters of Ezekiel which speaks about the future temple, with its sacrifices, would be rendered useless.

G-d is One. He is not three distinct persons. He is no trinity. If he was, he would have told Moses so. Why would he be diffuse about it and risk people coming up with their own doctrines?

You talk about these things but I would like to know the Bible versus that you are actually getting these from. Jesus himself once said that he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. It is also written that one day every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

Once again, I would like for you to post the exact Bible versus where you are referencing. Don't just say which book. There is a reason that the books are divided up into chapters and versus.

When you point out versus, we Christians have the Holy Spirit which allows us to understand the word of God. We also have the armor of God as in Ephesians 6:10-18 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

How can you take parts of the OT and make up a story of the NT when the Bible is a book about prophecy and God's relationship with man? I must link you to this once again: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079

The Bible foretold the event when the Israelite's would return from exile, this was fulfilled in 1948. It foretold the coming of the Messiah which was fulfilled in the New Testament. The rest of the New Testament explains how the death and resurrection of Jesus has fulfilled all of the prophecies foretold in the Old Testament and what this means for us in the here and now.

There is one God in three parts. There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Bible also explains that. Not absolutely every single little thing is discussed in the Bible. Read the end of John. What isn't in the Bible isn't worth knowing. God himself sums it up perfectly:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah. 55:8-9
Gold: 9.00
May 22 2018 10:28pm
Quote (CPK001 @ May 23 2018 05:54am)
You talk about these things but I would like to know the Bible versus that you are actually getting these from. Jesus himself once said that he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. It is also written that one day every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

Once again, I would like for you to post the exact Bible versus where you are referencing. Don't just say which book. There is a reason that the books are divided up into chapters and versus.

When you point out versus, we Christians have the Holy Spirit which allows us to understand the word of God. We also have the armor of God as in Ephesians 6:10-18 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

How can you take parts of the OT and make up a story of the NT when the Bible is a book about prophecy and God's relationship with man? I must link you to this once again: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079

The Bible foretold the event when the Israelite's would return from exile, this was fulfilled in 1948. It foretold the coming of the Messiah which was fulfilled in the New Testament. The rest of the New Testament explains how the death and resurrection of Jesus has fulfilled all of the prophecies foretold in the Old Testament and what this means for us in the here and now.

There is one God in three parts. There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Bible also explains that. Not absolutely every single little thing is discussed in the Bible. Read the end of John. What isn't in the Bible isn't worth knowing. God himself sums it up perfectly:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah. 55:8-9

I have posted the exact quote from Jeremiah and if that was not sufficient nothing will suffice; there are no other verses speaking about the second covenant. The new covenant is not so much a new as it is the perfection of the first; because in the new covenant all the children of Israel will know and do the laws and requirements of the first covenant^^. A fulfilled law is when it is made more complete, not when it is taken away. I can say that I fulfilled all the traffic laws and then drive like a madman, but that does not make sense.

And the part where you said that you Christians have the Holy Spirit to guide you into truth in matters regarding the Bible, I don't know whether I should laugh or not since it is well known that there are countless Christian denominations and no two christians share the same opinion about everything, very wierd though? But then again the Bible is a book not for saved people only; but for all sorts of people. There is not required any magical gift in order to read the Bible. Everyone can read it. It was given to the Jews so that they would read it and they were supposed to tell it to their children, and to the stranger, even to the Gentile. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that some special gift or spirit was needed in order to read it. Nowhere. If salvation requires a Bible and to understand the Bible requires salvation that would create a dilemma, don't you think? The Mosaic Law can be read and understood by everyone. A child can understand it, indeed it is easier for a child who is simple to understand it because adults make such a complicated mess out of everything.

Read the last chapters of Ezekiel speaking of the rebuilt third temple with sin sacrifices, have these prophecies been fulfilled? The answer is no. I could go on and on but you have not even considered the things which I have said; Christianity is simply a lie, but you will not be able to see that unless you read the OT, unbiased, with an open mind. Just the fact that you say that 1948 was prophecied in the Bible tells me immediately that you have not read the Bible thoroughly, and that you have listened to the preachers. There are no specific dates about the regathering of Israel it just says that the Jews will always return to that land no matter what. You did not even answer me when I pointed out the verses which say (Deu 29:23) that Israel will be desolate and dry as long as G-d is angry at them, and that they would live in the land and make it bloom when his anger was turned away. So then I ask you how it could be that the Jews are living in Israel, strong, powerful, with a flourishing economy that goes better and better, if they have rejected Jesus (everyone who rejects Jesus got the wrath of G-d upon him says Paul). There and then Christianity falls flat.

G-d is ONE, not three persons. There is no son or holy spirit, holy spirit is simply the presence of G-d, it is not a separate, thinking entity outside of G-d the father. Salvation is not some mystical thing, but what is required is a life lived according to the law and in dedication to it, so that peace will increase and that you may be a light to others, before you die and return to the dust from which you sprang.

The books with most authority in the Bible are the first five books, written by Moses. His prophecies are clearly the most detailed, and nowhere does he even mention a paradise, or a hell for that matter. Over and over again he tells the children of Israel to live by G-d so that they may live long and have blessings, and over and over again he expressed that curses in life are curses by G-d. The Old Testament is instructions for the life here and now; spiritual, beautiful, simple, made for a world which G-d created, a life which he intended to be lived, in the best way possible. Forget that pagan crap about demons and devils and come back to reality. This life is not about you, G-d does not owe you eternal life in a paradise. You live this life in two possible ways, either according to G-d or against him. If you live by him you will have a good, long, useful life before you leave your place to others so that future generations also can partake of the wonderful gifts of love, friendship, adventure, and other things of G-d. If you disobey him, you will have a miserable life and you will perish without ever knowing G-d. G-d is not ambiguous on this matter; reason tells you it. From dust art thou, and unto dust shalt thou return. So now go and seek G-d that you may live long and happily hereafter, because then you will die as Job did, satisfied with no craving for more.

This post was edited by Tjo on May 22 2018 10:36pm
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2018 05:08am
Quote (Tjo @ May 23 2018 02:28pm)
I have posted the exact quote from Jeremiah and if that was not sufficient nothing will suffice; there are no other verses speaking about the second covenant. The new covenant is not so much a new as it is the perfection of the first; because in the new covenant all the children of Israel will know and do the laws and requirements of the first covenant^^. A fulfilled law is when it is made more complete, not when it is taken away. I can say that I fulfilled all the traffic laws and then drive like a madman, but that does not make sense.

And the part where you said that you Christians have the Holy Spirit to guide you into truth in matters regarding the Bible, I don't know whether I should laugh or not since it is well known that there are countless Christian denominations and no two christians share the same opinion about everything, very wierd though? But then again the Bible is a book not for saved people only; but for all sorts of people. There is not required any magical gift in order to read the Bible. Everyone can read it. It was given to the Jews so that they would read it and they were supposed to tell it to their children, and to the stranger, even to the Gentile. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that some special gift or spirit was needed in order to read it. Nowhere. If salvation requires a Bible and to understand the Bible requires salvation that would create a dilemma, don't you think? The Mosaic Law can be read and understood by everyone. A child can understand it, indeed it is easier for a child who is simple to understand it because adults make such a complicated mess out of everything.

Read the last chapters of Ezekiel speaking of the rebuilt third temple with sin sacrifices, have these prophecies been fulfilled? The answer is no. I could go on and on but you have not even considered the things which I have said; Christianity is simply a lie, but you will not be able to see that unless you read the OT, unbiased, with an open mind. Just the fact that you say that 1948 was prophecied in the Bible tells me immediately that you have not read the Bible thoroughly, and that you have listened to the preachers. There are no specific dates about the regathering of Israel it just says that the Jews will always return to that land no matter what. You did not even answer me when I pointed out the verses which say (Deu 29:23) that Israel will be desolate and dry as long as G-d is angry at them, and that they would live in the land and make it bloom when his anger was turned away. So then I ask you how it could be that the Jews are living in Israel, strong, powerful, with a flourishing economy that goes better and better, if they have rejected Jesus (everyone who rejects Jesus got the wrath of G-d upon him says Paul). There and then Christianity falls flat.

G-d is ONE, not three persons. There is no son or holy spirit, holy spirit is simply the presence of G-d, it is not a separate, thinking entity outside of G-d the father. Salvation is not some mystical thing, but what is required is a life lived according to the law and in dedication to it, so that peace will increase and that you may be a light to others, before you die and return to the dust from which you sprang.

The books with most authority in the Bible are the first five books, written by Moses. His prophecies are clearly the most detailed, and nowhere does he even mention a paradise, or a hell for that matter. Over and over again he tells the children of Israel to live by G-d so that they may live long and have blessings, and over and over again he expressed that curses in life are curses by G-d. The Old Testament is instructions for the life here and now; spiritual, beautiful, simple, made for a world which G-d created, a life which he intended to be lived, in the best way possible. Forget that pagan crap about demons and devils and come back to reality. This life is not about you, G-d does not owe you eternal life in a paradise. You live this life in two possible ways, either according to G-d or against him. If you live by him you will have a good, long, useful life before you leave your place to others so that future generations also can partake of the wonderful gifts of love, friendship, adventure, and other things of G-d. If you disobey him, you will have a miserable life and you will perish without ever knowing G-d. G-d is not ambiguous on this matter; reason tells you it. From dust art thou, and unto dust shalt thou return. So now go and seek G-d that you may live long and happily hereafter, because then you will die as Job did, satisfied with no craving for more.

So you're saying that you are still under the old Covenant. You accept the Old Testament but disregard the New Testament. In that case you are not right with God. Why haven't you performed your daily sacrifices of bulls and goats? You will be the one who pays for your sins. You are also not right with God. I hope you didn't get Deuteronomy 23:1'd. That would be a shame. You fool! You made a post on the Sabbath Day. Remember Exodus 20:8-11. You know the consequence for breaking the Sabbath as is told in Exodus 31:14. So here we have you breaking the Sabbath, not offering sacrifices and now you must be put to death. It is all there in the Old Testament, you live by the Old Testament then you die by the Old Testament. Before you do die, or at least reexamine your entire life's meaning, let's talk about how you can be right with God. You owe God $10,000,000 in debt. He will demand payment from you, a payment with which you cannot repay. What will you do or say when you have to give your account? "Look LORD, I have 10 cents, surely that is enough to pay it off?"

What was the point of the first Covenant? The point of the first Covenant is to show you that you are not right with God and you can never be good enough to enter his presence. After Jesus died and rose again he sent the Holy Spirit to come at Pentecost. You can read all about it in Acts 2. 1 Corinthians 6:19 - Don't you know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Once you accept Jesus into your life, he will send his Holy Spirit to come down on you. It will change you from the inside out. The Holy Spirit lets you say the right words when the time comes and gives you the courage to address the crowd. Just look at Peter as a perfect example. I've read the Bible from beginning to end. It all makes sense and connects well. If you want to get right down to it, Christianity makes the most sense out of all Religions. It answers all your questions as I always have a Bible verse to quote, regardless of what you may want to discuss. Quite a bit of what I do is simply quote Bible versus, you are not disagreeing with me by any means. You are disagreeing with God himself. I am simply a messenger and nothing more. That link I posted about 1948, all the mathematics are there to show how the year was predicted to come true.

The one and only thing that will make Christianity fall flat is if you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that the resurrection did not happen. Do you have indisputable evidence that the resurrection did not happen?

I did not say that God was three persons, I said that there is one God in three parts. There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Explaining the Trinity will be a whole new topic of discussion. You say that good works is the way into Heaven? Is that what you are saying? Life is not about me, life is all about Jesus Christ. We do not deserve to go into Heaven, it is by the grace of God that we have the freedom to accept his invitation into his eternal kingdom.

You will be very surprised to hear that if you are with God then you will have a hard life. Yet if you are against God then you will have an easy life. Now that may not be Universally true but for the most part, those who look out for #1 will serve themselves to have the luxurious life. Those who love God are the ones who go out on Missionary trips and preach the Gospel in the most dangerous parts of the world. John 12:25 - Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Gold: 403.68
May 23 2018 05:14am
With Jesus
Gold: 6.69
May 23 2018 05:28am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 23 2018 01:08pm)
I did not say that God was three persons, I said that there is one God in three parts. There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

(as per Christian belief)
The key verses here is when God was busy creating humans he said "let us.."
Also when Jesus died on the cross he asked "Father why have you forsaken me?"

If it's one God in 3 parts was he talking to himself?

This post was edited by kai_jph on May 23 2018 05:45am
Gold: 9.00
May 23 2018 05:40am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 23 2018 01:08pm)
So you're saying that you are still under the old Covenant. You accept the Old Testament but disregard the New Testament. In that case you are not right with God. Why haven't you performed your daily sacrifices of bulls and goats? You will be the one who pays for your sins. You are also not right with God. I hope you didn't get Deuteronomy 23:1'd. That would be a shame. You fool! You made a post on the Sabbath Day. Remember Exodus 20:8-11. You know the consequence for breaking the Sabbath as is told in Exodus 31:14. So here we have you breaking the Sabbath, not offering sacrifices and now you must be put to death. It is all there in the Old Testament, you live by the Old Testament then you die by the Old Testament. Before you do die, or at least reexamine your entire life's meaning, let's talk about how you can be right with God. You owe God $10,000,000 in debt. He will demand payment from you, a payment with which you cannot repay. What will you do or say when you have to give your account? "Look LORD, I have 10 cents, surely that is enough to pay it off?"

What was the point of the first Covenant? The point of the first Covenant is to show you that you are not right with God and you can never be good enough to enter his presence. After Jesus died and rose again he sent the Holy Spirit to come at Pentecost. You can read all about it in Acts 2. 1 Corinthians 6:19 - Don't you know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Once you accept Jesus into your life, he will send his Holy Spirit to come down on you. It will change you from the inside out. The Holy Spirit lets you say the right words when the time comes and gives you the courage to address the crowd. Just look at Peter as a perfect example. I've read the Bible from beginning to end. It all makes sense and connects well. If you want to get right down to it, Christianity makes the most sense out of all Religions. It answers all your questions as I always have a Bible verse to quote, regardless of what you may want to discuss. Quite a bit of what I do is simply quote Bible versus, you are not disagreeing with me by any means. You are disagreeing with God himself. I am simply a messenger and nothing more. That link I posted about 1948, all the mathematics are there to show how the year was predicted to come true.

The one and only thing that will make Christianity fall flat is if you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that the resurrection did not happen. Do you have indisputable evidence that the resurrection did not happen?

I did not say that God was three persons, I said that there is one God in three parts. There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Explaining the Trinity will be a whole new topic of discussion. You say that good works is the way into Heaven? Is that what you are saying? Life is not about me, life is all about Jesus Christ. We do not deserve to go into Heaven, it is by the grace of God that we have the freedom to accept his invitation into his eternal kingdom.

You will be very surprised to hear that if you are with God then you will have a hard life. Yet if you are against God then you will have an easy life. Now that may not be Universally true but for the most part, those who look out for #1 will serve themselves to have the luxurious life. Those who love God are the ones who go out on Missionary trips and preach the Gospel in the most dangerous parts of the world. John 12:25 - Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Pointless. Its like talking a wall. You dont even consider the things which I said. The OT is about life here and now. This life. The people that you envy for their success are just more righteous than you. Earthly blessings are from G-d. Read the old testament. Its instructions for a good life, here and now.

But anyway we can end it right here because i dont think you even see what i write. You have your view already.

The old covenant by the way concerned Israel and the jews. It seriously has nothing at all to do with you. The thing about sacrificial system is something that i already answered. There were no sacrifices for other than accidental sins. Adultery could not be forgiven by sacrifice, yet king david committed gross offenses during his life that was forgiven. Withiout Jesus. Syntax error? Please just stick to the nt if you wish. Please do. But please stop perverting the ot with your ignorance.
Gold: 1,495.80
May 23 2018 05:56am
Why quote from the new testament when arguing with somebody who rejects the new testament?

That'd be like quoting from the Quran as a Muslim arguing against a Christian... pointless because Christians reject the Quran.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1247248249250251298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll