d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1134135136137138298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,532.01
May 29 2017 07:32am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 29 2017 11:55am)
Exactly! The only thing is I relay that bowing to God himself. I wouldn't have this wisdom without him.

A mind reader? Hardly. The Bible said it so it must be true. The world supports the claim by that through the corruptness of the world. Look around you and see everything that is going on.

Look at the Manchester bombings this past week. The people who do that all have one thing in common, they hate God. Their actions show that. When you hate God then your actions will reflect that.
Even on this forum we don't even need to see your actions because you have the untameable tongue. Since you hate God you hate us Christians. You cannot help but argue, you cannot let it go.

You know damn well that there is only one way to stop this but unfortunately your hatred controls you so you are forever bound to this thread.

How can I hate your god when I don't believe in him?

I don't hate christians, I pity them (mostly). And why would I want to stop replying to you? It brings me a strange sense of satisfaction to watch you dig yourself deeper and deeper into your hole of cognitive dissonance.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 29 2017 06:29pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 29 May 2017 13:55)
Exactly! The only thing is I relay that bowing to God himself. I wouldn't have this wisdom without him.

nice, but wisdom is not a purpose. God will always be wiser. In fact, chances are you will find wiser people everywhere. Maybe few.
Gold: 0.00
May 29 2017 07:14pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ May 29 2017 11:32pm)
How can I hate your god when I don't believe in him?

I don't hate christians, I pity them (mostly). And why would I want to stop replying to you? It brings me a strange sense of satisfaction to watch you dig yourself deeper and deeper into your hole of cognitive dissonance.

You act according to what you believe, not what you do not believe. When you say that God doesn't exist or you work hard to disprove His existence then you are behaving in a manner that is consistent with what you believe. Likewise, when you speak against God by accusing Him of immorality then you are displaying your disdain for God. You always cite God-ordered Old Testament events that you believe are morally wrong. Don't you know that whenever you do this you are demonstrating your scorn for God by accusing him of doing what is wrong and therefore being wrong.

Ofcourse you will say that you can't hate what you don't believe in but if that is the case and you actually deny that God exists then you are expressing denial of the Christian concept of God by not properly affirming Him. Since the Christian concept of God is true and God actually exists, then it is true that you are expressing your disdain for the true and living God, especially when you accuse Him of wrong doing. You who are working against God's existence and also accuse Him of evil are doing this based on what you believe; namely that God does not exist and the God of Scripture is morally wrong.

There are two problems with this. Firstly you cannot establish that God does not exist. There is the problem of disproving a universal negative and demonstrating that God doesn't exist anywhere, anytime. You can't. Naturally you will retreat into the lack of belief in God position. It's safer intellectual footing for you to stand on because it is less assailable. Ofcourse the lack of belief in God has its weaknesses too. Since you cannot demonstrate that God does not exist, you often say there is no evidence for God's existence or that the evidence presented is not sufficient. Yet evidence is a subjective concept since what may be evidence for you may not be evidence for me.

Secondly, when you accuse God of being immoral and express your disdain for Him, you are making moral judgments. Yet you have no objective moral standard by which you can make such judgments. You can assert that it is your opinion that God is wrong but your opinion doesn't make Him wrong. You cay say that society judges God to be wrong but what makes society correct?

There are also many kinds of problems that arise when you assert that the God of Scripture is somehow morally wrong for doing something. When you are confronted with your inconsistencies then you will continue to deny Him and accuse Him of wrong doing. Why would you say that if he doesn't exist to you? It is more plausible to say that you hate God, at least in a mild sense and your disdain is manifested in your actions.
Gold: 186.16
May 31 2017 08:06am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 27 2017 05:04pm)
God seems to think pretty similarly to the person interpreting his word.

No, it's up to us to rely on His Holy Spirit to properly interpret His word. We don't always interpret it correctly. That's why you must compare Scripture with Scripture.
Gold: 186.16
Jun 3 2017 08:51pm
Quote (El Shadday @ May 28 2017 04:11pm)
The heaven is not a physical place.
Hell is not a physical place.
It is the moral condition that is in the consciousness of the spirit.
Jesus said: the Kingdom of Heaven is the source of each one of us. :thumbsup:

I would agree for the most part that Heaven and Hell are not Physical places, however, they are REAL places. They are in the realm of the spiritual, the non physical, which is every bit as real, if not more real than the physical. It's not merely a condition, they are real, literal places.

Gold: 9.00
Jun 3 2017 08:59pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ May 31 2017 04:06pm)
No, it's up to us to rely on His Holy Spirit to properly interpret His word. We don't always interpret it correctly. That's why you must compare Scripture with Scripture.

I'm so sick of this stupid fucking cliché. You must be saved to understand the Bible but you must read the Bible to get saved. Can't you see how stupid you are? Nowhere in the entire Bible does it say that it cannot be read and understood by unsaved persons. It is your religious phariséé-sort of arrogance that is talking. It is a moment 22. The fact is that the Bible is incredibly diffuse, especially the New Testament. It is not clear and that is why we got so many different doctrines.
Gold: 7,621.00
Jun 3 2017 09:08pm
Quote (Tjo @ Jun 3 2017 07:59pm)
I'm so sick of this stupid fucking cliché. You must be saved to understand the Bible but you must read the Bible to get saved. Can't you see how stupid you are? Nowhere in the entire Bible does it say that it cannot be read and understood by unsaved persons. It is your religious phariséé-sort of arrogance that is talking. It is a moment 22. The fact is that the Bible is incredibly diffuse, especially the New Testament. It is not clear and that is why we got so many different doctrines.

No...there really aren't 'so many different doctrines'

Most Christians agree on fundamental & essential parts. You have heretics like the Jehova's witnesses & Mormons but if you even had an ounce of knowledge on theology you would understand why they aren't considered part of the Christian faith.

Don't get angry instead why don't you inform yourself before raging?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 3 2017 09:09pm
Gold: 260.11
Jun 3 2017 09:28pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 3 2017 09:08pm)

Most Christians agree on fundamental & essential parts. You have heretics like the Jehova's witnesses & Mormons but if you even had an ounce of knowledge on theology you would understand why they aren't considered part of the Christian faith.

Don't get angry instead why don't you inform yourself
before raging?

Bahahahahahahah
Gold: 9.00
Jun 3 2017 10:41pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 4 2017 05:08am)

Don't get angry instead why don't you inform yourself before raging?

Look. If God requires a person to be saved to understand the Bible, then the whole purpose is defeated because you must understand the Bible before you get saved, unless of course you have an expert pastor who can teach you.

Your statement is wrong. Christians have debated salvation, hell, etc. for centuries, and nowadays the debate is going on whether there is post or pretrib rapture. I have more than an ounce of knowledge of theology. I know.
Gold: 7,621.00
Jun 3 2017 11:32pm
Quote (Tjo @ Jun 3 2017 09:41pm)
Look. If God requires a person to be saved to understand the Bible, then the whole purpose is defeated because you must understand the Bible before you get saved, unless of course you have an expert pastor who can teach you.

Your statement is wrong. Christians have debated salvation, hell, etc. for centuries, and nowadays the debate is going on whether there is post or pretrib rapture. I have more than an ounce of knowledge of theology. I know.

No... they haven't. The concepts of heaven and hell are accepted in all sects of Christianity and have been agreed on for a very long time. The post or pre tribulation are not central tenants of the faith, they do not cause the division you think they do.

Idk maybe you're refering to the schism between the Roman Catholic Church and Martin Luther? If that's the case the church's view on achieving salvation at the time was fundamentally wrong and it needed to be challenged.

And no you don't need a pastor to understand most simple truths of the Bible, you do however need the Holy Spirit to be convicted of that truth. There was a time, before I was saved, I used to listen to the Bible and think to myself this is a load of bs. Not until I gave my life to Christ and accepted the Holy Spirit did I really start understanding the text.

As far as pastors, most people can read the Bible 'till they're blue and not see various important points or what that actually means for their lives. For example trying to piece together what the Old Testatement prophets had to say and how Jesus fulfilled the law and a multitude of details I would of never paid any attention unless someone that spent their life studying this expounded it to me.

It seems to me your opinion really comes from a lack of knowledge & undertanding. I can't blame you it's all too common with the euphoric lads now a days that want to engage in banter with Christians not realizing that some of the people you're challanging have spent much more time diligently studying this subject.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1134135136137138298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll