d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Speed Runners Heaven - Subforum > Discussion, Showing Off And Guides!
Prev123413Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 109.00
Jan 23 2016 05:44pm
Quote (Zoni @ Jan 23 2016 07:25pm)
How would you know it wouldn't be dead? From what I've seen (or in this case not seen), I'd expect it to be pretty much as dead as most of the games on Other Games...

You say adding every single sub forum would have no negative impact on jsp? On the first 4 pages there are approx 5 suggestion per page to add new sub. In a year we would end up with hundred new subs if every sub were added

And then delete the ones that didnt have a post in the past month
Gold: 85.00
Jan 24 2016 12:15pm
Quote (Zoni @ Jan 23 2016 02:04pm)
Because people think, me included, that it won't attract enough people to justify a new sub

So far I have seen only one topic regarding speedrunning and that was on d2 pvm iirc, which didn't raise any discussion whatsoever. I also lurk RPG General and Other Games quite frequently and haven't seen a single speedrun topic there.

Hence I don't think adding sub specifically for speedrunning would increase the discussion significantly (i.e. enough to justify the sub as mentioned earlier)

You could make speedrunning "mega topic" in Other Games or RPG General for general discussion about speedrunning e.g. games people speedrun, streamers they enjoy watching (if any) or where people gather their speedrunning info

So for me, this is [X]No

I think one "mega" thread would be useless. It would be impoossibly hard to navigate finding the game you wanna get into speed running and finding guides/tips etc, Vs it's own subforum with topics your game you want to speed run can be easily found talked about and discussed.

Huge yes from me you know this :thumbsup:
Gold: 1,000.00
Jan 24 2016 01:27pm
Quote (Exemplary @ 24 Jan 2016 20:15)
I think one "mega" thread would be useless. It would be impoossibly hard to navigate finding the game you wanna get into speed running and finding guides/tips etc, Vs it's own subforum with topics your game you want to speed run can be easily found talked about and discussed.

Huge yes from me you know this :thumbsup:

I suggested it to see if it raises any general discussion in regards of speedrunning, and if it does and the thread becomes a mess (i.e. too many games being discussed for it to offer any info for someone in need of it), then there would be need for the sub

As for now, there's not a single speedrun thread anywhere, which indicates the size of speedrunning community on jsp...
Gold: 5.55
Trader: Trusted
Jan 24 2016 06:15pm
I agree :)

Voted yes.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 24 2016 09:10pm
It might be interesting to see. I admit I haven't followed much speedrunning stuff save for the interesting drama that tends to happen during those big events, but it is becoming much more of a widespread and mainstream thing these days. Maybe putting up something like this would give up and comers an outlet to show their stuff.
Gold: 217.95
Jan 24 2016 10:20pm
omg i would love this
please add it, maybe we could get all of the speed running community to use jsp
win win
Gold: 152.00
Jan 25 2016 05:46am
I've been a huge fan of speedrunning for probably 8 or so years now. I remember watching back when Siglemic and Cosmo were the kings of twitch and their respective games... When sig had world record in 120 star with barely under 1:50. Used to excitedly watch them almost every night while eating snacks and spamming chat, hoping for a wr. Im lucky to have seen dozens of wrs live, including several of Cosmo and sig's longest standing records. I'm kind of nostalgic thinking about it now.

Oh and AGDQ/SGDQ! They used to be so hype! Speedrunning was just starting to grow and everyone involved in the community from runners to viewers were so excited at how popular speedrunning was becoming. Those first few years of the GDQs are honestly some of my best memories. I just watched the most recent one and it's still awesome, but there was something magical during that time when speedrunning was just becoming popular where everyone just had this excited energy to be a part of this amazing new community. Cosmo and Sig were like demigods. I still remember how exciting their first runs at a GDQ event were and how all the viewers knew they were watching a piece of gaming history.

Sorry for the story just got in the mood to share, lol. So yeah I support :lol:

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jan 25 2016 05:54am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 26 2016 06:21am
Thanks for all the input! ^_^

24 hour bump.

Gold: 68.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 26 2016 06:54am
Yes!
Gold: Locked