d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Speed Runners Heaven - Subforum > Discussion, Showing Off And Guides!
12313Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 23 2016 01:00pm
Description:

There's currently not a single subforum for discussing speedrunning any games, posting guides on how to beat a game as quickly as possible or showing off your hard-earned record times!
People who are playing games competitively or just enjoy beating their own records deserve a place where to compare their achievements with other people and gain some motivation to do it all over again (I know I'm up for some nostalgic Diablo 1 races! :thumbsup: )

Idea originally by Exemplary

Suggestion:

Implement a completely new subforum purely dedicated for speedrunning.

The subforum should be located under Off Topic
d2jsp Forums > Off Topic > Speed runners Heaven

Also, implement a subforum dedicated purely for guides on speedrunning in there to keep it a little cleaner.
d2jsp Forums > Off Topic > Speed runners Heaven > Guides

What it should look like:

And inside the subforum:

Gold: 109.00
Jan 23 2016 03:29pm
I don't see why people would vote no since it wouldn't affect the people that don't want it. GL!

This post was edited by UkrainianProtein on Jan 23 2016 03:29pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2016 04:04pm
Quote (UkrainianProtein @ 23 Jan 2016 23:29)
I don't see why people would vote no since it wouldn't affect the people that don't want it. GL!

Because people think, me included, that it won't attract enough people to justify a new sub

So far I have seen only one topic regarding speedrunning and that was on d2 pvm iirc, which didn't raise any discussion whatsoever. I also lurk RPG General and Other Games quite frequently and haven't seen a single speedrun topic there.

Hence I don't think adding sub specifically for speedrunning would increase the discussion significantly (i.e. enough to justify the sub as mentioned earlier)

You could make speedrunning "mega topic" in Other Games or RPG General for general discussion about speedrunning e.g. games people speedrun, streamers they enjoy watching (if any) or where people gather their speedrunning info

So for me, this is [X]No
Jan 23 2016 04:38pm
Quote (Zoni @ Jan 23 2016 06:04pm)
Because people think, me included, that it won't attract enough people to justify a new sub

So far I have seen only one topic regarding speedrunning and that was on d2 pvm iirc, which didn't raise any discussion whatsoever. I also lurk RPG General and Other Games quite frequently and haven't seen a single speedrun topic there.

Hence I don't think adding sub specifically for speedrunning would increase the discussion significantly (i.e. enough to justify the sub as mentioned earlier)

You could make speedrunning "mega topic" in Other Games or RPG General for general discussion about speedrunning e.g. games people speedrun, streamers they enjoy watching (if any) or where people gather their speedrunning info

So for me, this is [X]No

But how would it affect the website if they did add it and only him or like 100 people would use it?
Jan 23 2016 04:50pm
Yes. I want to do one for elder scrolls online
Jan 23 2016 04:57pm
Quote (UkrainianProtein @ 24 Jan 2016 00:38)
But how would it affect the website if they did add it and only him or like 100 people would use it?

How would it affect the site if every sub forum that were suggested were added? Site would look cluttered and hard to navigate, with plenty of dead sub forums and with no real focus on anything

Do you yourself vote "Yes" on every suggestion, because it doesn't affect you directly?

What is the point of a sub forum that only one user out of ~700k users would use?
Jan 23 2016 04:59pm
There's already better & MUCH More developed forums for speedrunning than JSP.
Jan 23 2016 05:04pm
Quote (Zoni @ Jan 23 2016 06:57pm)
How would it affect the site if every sub forum that were suggested were added? Site would look cluttered and hard to navigate, with plenty of dead sub forums and with no real focus on anything

Do you yourself vote "Yes" on every suggestion, because it doesn't affect you directly?

What is the point of a sub forum that only one user out of ~700k users would use?

I vote no to stuff that are totally useless. Example: add lenny face, move logout button. Speedrunning sub forum will have no negative effect on jsp if other dead sub forums are deleted. This subforum wouldnt be as dead.
Jan 23 2016 05:25pm
Quote (UkrainianProtein @ 24 Jan 2016 01:04)
I vote no to stuff that are totally useless. Example: add lenny face, move logout button. Speedrunning sub forum will have no negative effect on jsp if other dead sub forums are deleted. This subforum wouldnt be as dead.

How would you know it wouldn't be dead? From what I've seen (or in this case not seen), I'd expect it to be pretty much as dead as most of the games on Other Games...

You say adding every single sub forum would have no negative impact on jsp? On the first 4 pages there are approx 5 suggestion per page to add new sub. In a year we would end up with hundred new subs if every sub were added

This post was edited by Zoni on Jan 23 2016 05:25pm
Gold: 111,131.11
Jan 23 2016 05:26pm
I actually thought about this before myself some years ago, but now that it's a vastly bigger and less centrally organised scene, the time seems right. Thanks in no small part to the explosion of popularity for *GDQ and the like, it'd be hard to argue that there isn't at least some entry-level common knowledge of speedrunning and its aims among most gamers nowadays - and, what better site to house them than this one? It'd be excellent to have a place to discuss speedrunning, especially for games for which there is little to no speedrunning community already available on the Internet (and it could therefore be found or created here).

One little suggestion however: Incorporate TAS videos into this subforum, clearly marked and distinguished in thread info. I'm not sure if you've already intended this or what, but I'd definitely recommend it.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12313Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll