d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > If Hell Is Real
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,100.00
Jan 12 2016 12:24pm
Purgatory.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 12 2016 12:28pm
I don't personally put much thought into eternal damnation, judgement is too far from my control to even worry.

And the concept itself seems to be fear based, personally I would be more fearful of someone saying I would blip out of existence. Nothing is far worse of a fate than damnation IMO if you accept others will carry on without you literally forever.
Gold: 129.89
Jan 12 2016 01:49pm
Quote (FukGod @ Jan 12 2016 10:41am)
What do you think it would be like, discuss
Also what percentage of the population do you think would go there?

I bet you get a suntan ... thats for sure
Gold: 152.00
Jan 12 2016 03:43pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 12 2016 01:21pm)
Its dark and hell is hot.

I like this because it's the intro song of my favorite MMA fighter of all time (Anderson Silva).

But the idea of hell is the experience of the greatest possible suffering for eternity. It's literally the worst possible state that can exist. I just hope beyond hope it isn't real.

I like El Shadday's response and that is a far more reasonable religious conception of hell than the common idea of hell.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jan 12 2016 03:45pm
Gold: 500.00
Jan 12 2016 03:44pm
hell isn't real
Gold: 0.20
Jan 12 2016 03:54pm
Imo its probably something like the movie that has the guy from Bones in it. Its one of the hellraiser movies. I dont want spoil it if no one has seen it. Edit: its Hellrasier: Inferno

This post was edited by Unanswered on Jan 12 2016 04:02pm
Gold: 0.76
Jan 12 2016 04:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 12 Jan 2016 13:28)
I don't personally put much thought into eternal damnation, judgement is too far from my control to even worry.

And the concept itself seems to be fear based, personally I would be more fearful of someone saying I would blip out of existence. Nothing is far worse of a fate than damnation IMO if you accept others will carry on without you literally forever.

Why? that's just the end. just the same as before you were born, that wasn't scary was it?
Gold: 220.68
Jan 12 2016 05:38pm
Hell is the eternal loneliness

This post was edited by tigre900 on Jan 12 2016 05:39pm
Gold: 109.01
Jan 12 2016 05:44pm
always thought this was particularly clever when it came to "hell"

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp
A thermodynamics professor had written a take home exam for his graduate students. It had one question:

"Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for souls entering hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant.

So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.

Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, than the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over."

It was not revealed what grade the student got.

HEAVEN IS HOTTER THAN HELL

The temperature of heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is the Bible, Isaiah 30:26 reads,

Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days.
Thus, heaven receives from the moon as much radiation as the earth does from the sun, and in addition seven times seven (forty nine) times as much as the earth does from the sun, or fifty times in all. The light we receive from the moon is one ten-thousandth of the light we receive from the sun, so we can ignore that. With these data we can compute the temperature of heaven: The radiation falling on heaven will heat it to the point where the heat lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation. In other words, heaven loses fifty times as much heat as the earth by radiation. Using the Stefan-Boltzmann fourth power law for radiation
(H/E)4 = 50

where E is the absolute temperature of the earth, 300°K (273+27). This gives H the absolute temperature of heaven, as 798° absolute (525°C).

The exact temperature of hell cannot be computed but it must be less than 444.6°C, the temperature at which brimstone or sulfur changes from a liquid to a gas. Revelations 21:8: But the fearful and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." A lake of molten brimstone [sulfur] means that its temperature must be at or below the boiling point, which is 444.6°C. (Above that point, it would be a vapor, not a lake.)

We have then, temperature of heaven, 525°C. Temperature of hell, less than 445°C. Therefore heaven is hotter than hell.

Arguing about heaven or hell, number of stars in the sky, origin of the universe ,religion in general along with other similar ideas is always a favorite among people. Your allowed to take a strong position without any evidence or the fear of being proven wrong.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Jan 12 2016 05:46pm
Gold: 260.11
Jan 12 2016 05:45pm
If hell is real God is a dick.

Plain and simple.

That being said it's probably not real. The universe doesn't work in good vs evil, no reason to expect an all knowing God would follow feeble human moralities that created the paradoxical nightmare of heaven and hell.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll