d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Manga/manhwa/manhua Martial Arts Related > Like The Ones Inside
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,702.69
Jan 11 2016 07:41am
I'd like to see if anyone has any name or any other ones like the ones I'm about to post: Martial arts is too general of a topic to search.
To give some details about them; they have levels, spirit pills and herbs, beasts, ability to absorb spirits from the beasts (usually some don't), a lot of them have masters that are of legendary status or an item so legendary people would be shocked if they found out

• Soul Land/Combat Continent/Doulou Dalu
  • Soul Land 2/Combat Continent 2/Doulou Dalu 2
  • Battle Through The Heavens
  • Shen Yin Wang Zui
  • Wu Dong Qian Kun
  • Tales of demons and Gods
  • Panlong

Others that aren't quite the same but I still like and involve martial arts:
  • Re: Monster (I mean it kind of involves martial arts when it boils down to it but don't think you'll really see it that much until later)
  • The Breaker
  • The Breaker: New Waves
  • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (game related but still good)
  • Blind Faith Descent (not as good as the others but still worth a read)
  • Red Storm (not as good as the others but still worth a read)
  • Tower of God (Thought I'd put this just so I'm not recommended it)
  • The Gamer (same as above)
  • Black Clover (quite good but getting slow lately, seems like he's prolong it since it grew in popularity)
  • UQ Holder (little over 100 chapters out, gets slow in the middle but I still enjoy it quite a bit)
  • Tiji-kun! (like 25 chapters out and it's finished, it's not bad, kind of cool to read due to his dedication)
  • Sun-Ken Rock! (forgot amount but it's like 40-60+) not really great but good time killer- has some cool martial arts in it
  • Berserk (sure you've heard about this)
  • The Strongest (only like 22 chps out but it seems good and I'm curious to see how it goes)

I'M AWARE A LOT OF THESE ARE ALSO LIGHT NOVELS, I INTEND TO GET THEM WHEN THEY GO ON SALE NEXT YEAR AROUND THE HOLIDAYS.

For people who do not know:
(Manga: Japanese, Manhwa: Korean, Manhua: Chinese)

Mostly looking for name of the genre here, not recommendations. The site I go to recently has had quite a few for me.
I'm sure it has a name but google had no results.
Gold: 1,242.80
Jan 11 2016 10:42am
Drifters (manga)
Gold: 200.00
Jan 11 2016 11:20pm
veritas, Dou Po Cang Qiong theres more out there but i just cant think of any atm
Gold: 9.69
Jan 12 2016 10:28pm
Holyland is verry good
Gold: 0.82
Jan 12 2016 11:24pm
Shamo
Gold: 2.62
Jan 13 2016 03:44am
they're called xianxia/wuxia when it comes to novels, doesn't quite work like that on manga though. In manga they just list the actual genres like "action/historical/supernatural/martial arts"
Jan 16 2016 06:05am
Quote (Ulquiorra867 @ Jan 11 2016 12:42pm)
Drifters (manga)

I think I started this but the person translating or scanning took a break is why I'm not caught up, thanks for reminding me!

Quote (youjustcantno @ Jan 12 2016 01:20am)
veritas, Dou Po Cang Qiong theres more out there but i just cant think of any atm

I read some of veritas but couldn't finish it, I'm not sure why. It's not bad but just didn't seem like my kind of thing.
Dou Po is battle through the heavens. :p thank you for the suggestions, I may give veritas another try maybe I'll like it more this time around.

Quote (BloodyxDarkness @ Jan 13 2016 12:28am)
Holyland is verry good

Stopped around chapter 110 or so, I'd agree it's really good but I guess I kind of like unrealistic aspects as well. Though I'll probably finish it one day, so I'm still open to ones that aren't. There was one like Holyland that I read and liked a lot forget the name of it.. if I remember I'll post it.

Quote (Kizuna @ Jan 13 2016 01:24am)
Shamo

I think I started this where he murdered both his parents but it kind of progressed slowly but no one left any comments on any sites I went to about it and no one recommended it so I didn't continue. I'll give it another shot, thanks!

Quote (Pavise @ Jan 13 2016 05:44am)
they're called xianxia/wuxia when it comes to novels, doesn't quite work like that on manga though. In manga they just list the actual genres like "action/historical/supernatural/martial arts"

Well, I meant like even a good word to use for Googling it, that should work though, thanks pavise. :hug:
I read another really interesting one, it wasn't related to the same genre it was gamer related called, "World Customizer Creator" only had like 25 chapters but seems good so far.
Gold: 6.90
Jan 16 2016 09:56pm
fist of the north star
Jan 18 2016 12:08pm
Quote (Uguu @ Jan 16 2016 11:56pm)
fist of the north star

Good suggestion, I didn't list everything since I figured it would take too long but last I checked this didn't have many chapters, did it?

Also, another decent read where someone goes in to a video game (but isn't lame like sao) is silver gravekeeper.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll