d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Filter & Search Functionality > Especially In Trophy Room And D2 Trading
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,175.00
Jan 8 2016 01:58pm
have these ideas for the Trophy Room:

- Make a search function (will be easier to search for the one type of item you wanna see trophies of)

- Make option to filter between ladder/nl as well as realm?

- Make votes for trophies? And then a filter option, so you can see best voted trophies?

Also general forum suggestion:

- You have trade tracker info, why not make a filter and/or list with the specific item types, so that one can browse, ie search "Unique armors" ?

- When you use search function in forums, you get peoples full thread/post with that containing word (or some of the word), why not only shoe the line on which the word is used? makes it alot easier to find head and tail in threads/posts when you use search function.

So all in all: Better filter and search options, is what i am suggesting.

This post was edited by Jepdizel on Jan 8 2016 01:58pm
Gold: 5.55
Trader: Trusted
Jan 9 2016 10:04am
Maybe for trophies only.

Although, I hardly believe this is gonna happen. Good luck anyways ^_^
Gold: 9,205.00
Jan 9 2016 06:20pm
How exactly would that work, by topic titles?
Because people have quite a few ways to name their threads.

I wouldn't mind of course.
Jan 9 2016 07:22pm
Quote (HardyTarget @ 10 Jan 2016 02:20)
How exactly would that work, by topic titles?
Because people have quite a few ways to name their threads.

I wouldn't mind of course.

Nono, when you add trade tracker info, you go "Eu sc ladder" and "unique armor" for example..
Then they should make a advanced search, where you can choose "eu sc ladder" and "unique armors" and then all topics with that trade tracker info, will appear :)

That would make it ALOT easier to browse topics.. For example now, if i search for Death, because i wanna find the runeword Death, then Death's web and Death's Fantom will appear as well, making it harder for me to find the item i am looking for..
Therefor an advanced search option would be amazing!

Also i am tired of searching "shako" and then i get spammed by walls of texts, by guys who offer 200 mule items, where shako is somewhere in that thread.. why not just show the line with the word "shako", so that you won't get bombarded by text?
You can go into their threads anyhow, if you wanna see what else they offer..
That's why i am thinking that search function and filters should be added and reworked..

Also the trophy room rating would be great, so that you can see the absolute best of the best.. also with filter options.. Much easier to navigate the forum that way :)

Well that's a bit more explaination to my ideas.. hope it helps..

This post was edited by Jepdizel on Jan 9 2016 07:23pm
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,000.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 10 2016 09:46am
Quote (Jepdizel @ Jan 10 2016 03:22am)
Nono, when you add trade tracker info, you go "Eu sc ladder" and "unique armor" for example..
Then they should make a advanced search, where you can choose "eu sc ladder" and "unique armors" and then all topics with that trade tracker info, will appear :)

That would make it ALOT easier to browse topics.. For example now, if i search for Death, because i wanna find the runeword Death, then Death's web and Death's Fantom will appear as well, making it harder for me to find the item i am looking for..
Therefor an advanced search option would be amazing!

Also i am tired of searching "shako" and then i get spammed by walls of texts, by guys who offer 200 mule items, where shako is somewhere in that thread.. why not just show the line with the word "shako", so that you won't get bombarded by text?
You can go into their threads anyhow, if you wanna see what else they offer..
That's why i am thinking that search function and filters should be added and reworked..

Also the trophy room rating would be great, so that you can see the absolute best of the best.. also with filter options.. Much easier to navigate the forum that way :)

Well that's a bit more explaination to my ideas.. hope it helps..

First bold:
I'm more then 10 years here and I"ve never used it, hard to believe someone will.

Second bold:
You get what you search for, for example if I wrote occ but you search for occu you will get it but with your suggestion you won't get it.

Third bold:
Maybe only for trophy but most people post pictures so you can't even search it.

Voted no.
Jan 10 2016 10:03am
Quote (Yakir @ 10 Jan 2016 17:46)
First bold:
I'm more then 10 years here and I"ve never used it, hard to believe someone will.

Second bold:
You get what you search for, for example if I wrote occ but you search for occu you will get it but with your suggestion you won't get it.

Third bold:
Maybe only for trophy but most people post pictures so you can't even search it.

Voted no.

I think you missunderstand me..

First: If i knew there was advanced search where people could look up "Unique armor" or "runeword weapon" for example, then i would definitely use trade tracking info, when i make topics.. would make it much more easy to find your needs.. Right now trade tracker info is a function, that doesn't even have a purpose..

Second: if i write "death" searching for "death's web" then i will also get "death runeword" in my search, so why would i shorten an items name? makes no sense.. Of course they shouldn't remove the current search, i am just asking for advanced search so i can write "death" and then weapon/armor/runeword or whatever category it must be.. So i don't see why you would say it's a loss of search effenciency?

Third: If you read what i write, i tell you that they should add filter function, so that i can filter "rare items" for example.. and then it will show the top scored rare items...

It's fair that you voted no, but i think you haven't understood my idea, or you've made some misconsumptions about it..

Right now search function stinks ... some people write st 45@, some people write sacred targe 45@, some people sacred 45@res, some people st 45res and so on.. that means i have to search 10 times, each time i look for a specific item.
If there was an advanced search function, i could avoid all of that.. Advanced search > White items > Shields <-- example of what i mean.. then i can pick those categories and write "45", then all white shields with the letter "45" would appear, making it only shields with 45@res... In my opinion that is a very good idea to do it..
Of course you can still use the normal search function and write occ to find occu, though some people write ocu, since it is called the oculus ;) So even you might have trouble finding the item you need, if you misspell it, or if some people write it differently than you do.. so even for you it would also help..

I hope you understand better now, what i am trying to suggest here..

Filters could be divided in two types of filter: "Item type" (weapon/armor etc.), "Item quality" (rare/magic/runeword etc.), and then the search function added to those filters.

This post was edited by Jepdizel on Jan 10 2016 10:09am
Jan 10 2016 10:45am
Quote (Yakir @ 10 Jan 2016 17:46)
Second bold:

And also, if you write "occ" to search for occu, in my suggestion only the lines with the word occ appears, so yes, you will be able to see occu, but just not the full thread with walls of text regarding anything but the item you searched for..
Rather just one line of text, so that you don't have to scroll endlessly down the page, to find your word.. (ofc you can use your browsers search function as well, but why should that be nessercary?)
The problem is especially irritating, when someone has reposted their full offerlist.. then it shows the same offerlist maybe 2,3 or even 5 times in a row.. that's ALOT of text to look for just one item..

I don't see how you think it is a bad idea at all...

This post was edited by Jepdizel on Jan 10 2016 10:46am
Gold: 1,490.00
Jan 11 2016 05:08am
I like the idea :)

Voted yes.
Jan 21 2016 08:49am
Let's get some votes up in this shit :)

Remember to read my full explainations on page 1, for more detailed information about my suggestion! :)
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll