d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Hammonds, Bundys, Oathkeepers, Militias
Prev11920212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jan 29 2016 06:30am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 29 2016 07:23am)
...it was clear to me that Finicum was trying to reach into his jacket just before he was shot and yes , he had a handgun in there . Hopefully this ends the claims that he was on his knees or running away when he was killed .

I think it is real shady that the FBI wouldn't negotiate with Finicum on record when it was time to talk and he was killed by them later. He was within his rights to have a firearm if it was ok with the state.

I think this will be one of those Ruby Ridge things. People will talk about it for a long time, nothing will come out of it.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 29 2016 06:31am
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 29 2016 06:38am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 29 2016 07:30am)
I think it is real shady that the FBI wouldn't negotiate with Finicum on record when it was time to talk and he was killed by them later. He was within his rights to have a firearm if it was ok with the state.

I think this will be one of those Ruby Ridge things.

...he was not within his rights to lower his arms and make a reach toward his waist and he was not within his rights to almost run over a law enforcement officer and he was not within his rights in his attempt to evade capture . All three of these are illegal .

This post was edited by WidowMaKer_MK on Jan 29 2016 06:41am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 29 2016 07:38am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 29 2016 06:38am)
...he was not within his rights to lower his arms and make a reach toward his waist and he was not within his rights to almost run over a law enforcement officer and he was not within his rights in his attempt to evade capture . All three of these are illegal .

Therefore, he must be killed, because he ventured outside the zone of his rights.

Smh
Gold: 0.76
Jan 29 2016 07:47am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 29 Jan 2016 07:38)

His back was turned to the FBI man that shot him it's not illegal in this country to put your hands down, and from the video it appears that his left hand lowers not his right. In fact there are clear cut laws preventing law enforcement officers from shooting suspects in the back for god's sake. it's only if his or a civilian's life are in imminent danger. there was no clear and present danger. There was no weapon in his hand, the officer had no way of knowing if he did or did not have a weapon in a pocket. If we all were allowed to go around killing each other on assumptions there wouldn't be a discussion on over-population problems would there?
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 29 2016 07:48am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 28 2016 10:23pm)
Someone who speeds toward a police blockade and nearly hits someone shouldn't drop their hands by their side in front of police. I don't know how many police shootings people have to watch before they realize this.

You mean nearly hit someone who dove in front of you?

Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 28 2016 10:28pm)
well he plainly didn't have his hands up when he was shot. Having his hands up was a good thing. Shame he put them down again and made to draw something out of his coat
he sped into a blockade, tried to swerve around it off the road and nearly killed a man standing there, then made a threatening motion to the police as if to draw a gun.

notice how the police had weapons trained on him and DIDN'T shoot while his hands were up, expecting him to surrender. If he had kept his hands up and cooperated with police, he would still be alive today. Instead he went john wayne on them

Totally excuses the 3 rounds they pumped into him after he was down and not providing medical attention for 10 minutes.

Quote (NatureNames @ Jan 29 2016 12:10am)
I'm not sure what those sparks are hitting the vehicle (probably tear gas) after Finicum went down. But nobody else died so the police were not firing bullets at people in the vehicle. Police shoot to kill. If they intended to shoot somebody inside that vehicle, that person would be dead.

Flashbang. Ryan Bundy was in the vehicle and he was shot.

Quote (balrog66 @ Jan 29 2016 06:01am)
Not providing medical aid after neutralizing the threat is currently the only thing I can reprimand. The footage isn't really clear enough to see whether Finicum was armed or not and what exactly happened. Plus it really looks like he almost ran someone over in his car.

Finicum's personal weapons were still at the refuge. Someone dove in front of the car.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 29 2016 06:23am)
...it was clear to me that Finicum was trying to reach into his jacket just before he was shot and yes , he had a handgun in there . Hopefully this ends the claims that he was on his knees or running away when he was killed .

No, he did not.
Gold: 0.76
Jan 29 2016 08:00am
This divide and conquer bullshit is wearing me down, the fucking media owned by the same pricks who own the government identify the protesters out west exclusively as "armed militia" which immediately throws up red flags to any liberal who is pushing for gun control even though the issue has nothing to do with that. yet the same thing happened during the Ferguson demonstrations by describing Mike Brown as a thug, and many conservatives didn't get past that. Or The man they choked to death for the crime of selling single ciggys, what a hoodlum.

never mind that the bully government's strong hand has been responsible for all of these actions, there are some happy to hide behind it no matter how strong and oppressive it becomes. Others are getting sick of being swatted around but when they stand up they gather up no support because of these social divide and conquer tactics. Hell I should know how effective they are I've got 6 kids I've been using them for ages. But it's different when people are dying for their rights. ffs.
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 29 2016 08:20am
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jan 29 2016 08:38am)
Therefore, he must be killed, because he ventured outside the zone of his rights.

Smh

...when the illegal acts pose a real threat to the lives of others , yes ; deadly force was the correct response in this situation .
Jan 29 2016 08:32am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 29 2016 08:20am)
...when the illegal acts pose a real threat to the lives of others , yes ; deadly force was the correct response in this situation .

Especially the 3 shots after he was down and making sure to ignore medical attention. Totally correct response. /s
Gold: 1.50
Jan 29 2016 08:32am
Quote (Santara @ Jan 29 2016 08:48am)

Finicum's personal weapons were still at the refuge. Someone dove in front of the car.

No, he did not.

Maybe infowars said he was unarmed.... but USA totay and the FBI are reporting that he was.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/28/fbi-releases-video-shooting-death-oregon-protester/79490322/

"He did have a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun in that pocket. At this time, OSP troopers shot Finicum"

"The FBI said agents and troopers found three other loaded weapons inside the truck: two .223 caliber semi-automatic rifles and a .38 special revolver."
Jan 29 2016 08:34am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Jan 29 2016 08:32am)
Maybe infowars said he was unarmed.... but USA totay and the FBI are reporting that he was.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/28/fbi-releases-video-shooting-death-oregon-protester/79490322/

"He did have a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun in that pocket. At this time, OSP troopers shot Finicum"

"The FBI said agents and troopers found three other loaded weapons inside the truck: two .223 caliber semi-automatic rifles and a .38 special revolver."

Except he owned a .45, was well known for a .45, and a 9MM is the standard sidearm of the federal government.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11920212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll