d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Just Wondering About A Game Mechanic Change...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,798.12
Nov 25 2015 09:07pm
I've been away from d2jsp for awhile, so I came back recently to see how the game/community were doing.

Anyways, I noticed this with using abilities:

Ability charges are now toggle selected, either by clicking or pressing their assigned hotkey. A toggled on ability will turn red to indicate it will be used for the next attack.
(Well, first noticed while playing in-game)

I'm just wondering what the benefits are of the change? You have to toggle select it on and it's locked on for your next turn? What if you decide not to use a certain ability because of the numbers of mobs in the next wave, or you hit EP's, etc. So you now have to untoggle select the ability so save it for a more opportune time, rather than wasting it.

I remember before you could toggle select abilities by clicking your mouse on them (I never used that. Ever), or lets say you assigned Multistrike to the Alt hotkey. All you had to to was hold down the Alt key and click. Used your ability. If you decided not to use it, all you'd have to do is let go of the Alt button before clicking next...and it would just act like a normal click attack.

Does this make any sense or am I missing something here?
...seems like that update/change made it more frustrating to use abilities property.

Thoughts?

This post was edited by Brainwashed on Nov 25 2015 09:09pm
Gold: 135,869.63
Trader: Trusted
Nov 25 2015 09:18pm
if you dont want to use the ability, just push the assigned key again.
the using of abilities is pretty comforable as it is imo. you should get used to it pretty quickly

keep in mind that ladder slasher is now playable on your mobile phone. there you are hardly able to hit 2 bottons at once. so you activate the ability to use it after that

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on Nov 25 2015 09:19pm
Gold: 7,798.12
Nov 25 2015 09:22pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Nov 25 2015 10:18pm)
if you dont want to use the ability, just push the assigned key again.
the using of abilities is pretty comforable as it is imo. you should get used to it pretty quickly

keep in mind that ladder slasher is now playable on your mobile phone. there you are hardly able to hit 2 bottons at once. so you activate the ability to use it after that

Ahh, ok, thanks Alex. That makes more sense. I still prefer the "older way", but I guess I'll have to get used to the change. I can see the problems posed by mobile devices. Wonder how many people actually slash on their phones :rolleyes:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll