d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Gop Loses Louisiana > Dem Governor
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Nov 23 2015 08:26am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 22 Nov 2015 10:58)
...it was about prostitutes not the ACA - and please don't bore us with another ridiculous analogy about the time your mule bit you on the ass or some other boring tidbit about your life in the Hooterville .

what's the matter? hit a nerve pookie? don't like seeing those red states turn blue? Well Mr. SillyPants it's a mandate..the good guys are going to win. your pitiful group of losers hasn't got a chance. :banana:
Gold: 500.00
Nov 23 2015 10:24am
gonna have me some spicy cajun wings to celebrate

This post was edited by duffman316 on Nov 23 2015 10:24am
Gold: 1,819.09
Nov 23 2015 10:51am
Not all that surprising given the demographics of Louisiana. I know that in the south poor whites tend to vote Republican but Louisiana is so poor and has such a high number of African Americans that a democratic victory can't be that surprising.
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 23 2015 12:19pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Nov 22 2015 11:31am)
It will be curious to see if Brownback, Walker, and Christie suffer similar fates. All 3 of those guys are polling horribly with the people of their own state, particularly Brownback.

Doesn't guarantee they won't get reelected (they all have big money backers), but one can hope the democratic process of electing candidates that represent the people prevails.

Since Walker got laughed out of the race he hasn't really done much here. I have hardly heard his name thrown around, most likely because he's no longer trying to build name recognition as the posterboy of the Tea Party. Although I would doubt he will lose the next election, because he's going to east tensions down the stretch or simply not run. My guess is it's getting close to the time when Walker can return collective bargaining rights to the teacher's union and finally reveal that it was actually just a budget balancing temporary measure and not the war on unions that got him national recognition and a recall election. As the economy comes back, which is slowly is in WI (much slower than Minn), those bargaining rights mean less and less. So Walker will return the rights in the election year and commend the teachers for their sacrifice, they will still hate him but the nasty ads wont run and he'll win a by a landslide without that moderate vote swinging so heavily to the Dem side.
Gold: 129.89
Nov 23 2015 08:33pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Nov 22 2015 09:58am)
...it was about prostitutes not the ACA - and please don't bore us with another ridiculous analogy about the time your mule bit you on the ass or some other boring tidbit about your life in the Hooterville .

:rofl:
Gold: 2,620.00
Nov 23 2015 09:03pm
Quote (Skinned @ 23 Nov 2015 07:50)
People = Money in regards to political power.

And application is everything. The best example of this is how the anti-saloon league used their small influence to swing enough close contests to become a much bigger political force than they were. Gotta wag the dog.

It's true that money is extremely important, but it isn't everything.

Take Jeb Bush, for example. He had the most money of all the 2016 candidates at one point.

But you reach a certain point where if you aren't likable enough, your money starts to matter less.

Jindal reached that point. Brownback (Kansas) probably has reached that point.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll