d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Enlighten A Blind Patriot
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.65
Nov 20 2015 12:53pm
Hi,

I'm all about the, dont question the higher ups, if you can do better, you run for president and change everything crew.

so thats my background.

when I hear about a very good (liberal) idea my go to question is: who's going to pay for it all? (anything bernie sanders is proposing pretty much).

Someone answered: The corporations that aren't paying any taxes.

my natural response is: liberal scum hippy.

but okay. enough of blind patriotism. time to look at facts and open my mind.

CAN SOMEONE PLS FIND ME ONE PROFITABLE CORPORATION THAT ISNT PAYING ANY TAXES???????????????????????????
Gold: 22,189.49
Nov 20 2015 01:18pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/25/corporation-tax-rate_n_4855763.html

why stop at "not paying any taxes"? Plenty are paying negative tax rates
Crony capitalism and intra-state competition often mean corporations can just pay no taxes or receive more subsidies than they'd ever pay
For example, states might give corporations generous offers of no taxes and lots of handouts to set up business in their state instead of elsewhere, as it would bring more jobs with them.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 20 2015 01:25pm
VAT
Gold: 2,571.50
Nov 20 2015 01:27pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 20 2015 07:18pm)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/25/corporation-tax-rate_n_4855763.html

why stop at "not paying any taxes"? Plenty are paying negative tax rates
Crony capitalism and intra-state competition often mean corporations can just pay no taxes or receive more subsidies than they'd ever pay
For example, states might give corporations generous offers of no taxes and lots of handouts to set up business in their state instead of elsewhere, as it would bring more jobs with them.

Think they still have to pay federal taxes either way.
They get state tax incentives mostly.

If that state can live with reduced taxes in order to create more jobs, it doesn't seem so bad as long as it's regulated ofc.

I think the problem of moving the company to a different country to avoid federal taxes is more of an issue. It's double win they get cheaper labor and less taxes. But this is mostly really large corporations I guess?
Gold: 0.76
Nov 20 2015 03:42pm
Quote (iBruno @ 20 Nov 2015 14:27)
Think they still have to pay federal taxes either way.
They get state tax incentives mostly.

If that state can live with reduced taxes in order to create more jobs, it doesn't seem so bad as long as it's regulated ofc.

I think the problem of moving the company to a different country to avoid federal taxes is more of an issue. It's double win they get cheaper labor and less taxes. But this is mostly really large corporations I guess?

The problem is they form a consulting firm or other blind company out of country pay that company all the profits they would have had to claim, then that company invests the money in a sheltered off shore account in the islands. This results in a negligible net profit zero fed. taxes owed.

This is one of the tax loopholes that the Liberal Bernie Sanders wants to clean up Stop letting companies set up these shell companies for the sole reason of funneling profits tax free out of the states and ripping off the Government and the People. The money gained will be huge, and would only be monies that would otherwise be dumped on top of exceedingly huge piles of UN-invested, non working money now.

The Republicans surely don't want that the lobbyists work for those corporations, and Hilliary doesn't want it she's in bed with the big banking boys. Bernie is the only one who is daring to take them on.

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Nov 20 2015 03:49pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Nov 20 2015 03:47pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Nov 20 2015 02:53pm)
Hi,

I'm all about the, dont question the higher ups, if you can do better, you run for president and change everything crew.

so thats my background.

when I hear about a very good (liberal) idea my go to question is: who's going to pay for it all? (anything bernie sanders is proposing pretty much).

CAN SOMEONE PLS FIND ME ONE PROFITABLE CORPORATION THAT ISNT PAYING ANY TAXES???????????????????????????

Big monopolies damage the economy in other ways then avoiding taxes, which honestly are just a little bump in comparison.

Big pharma destroys small companies and artificially raises the price of treatments, if a real leader was in the white house, they'd break it up to create competition and lower prices.

Big agriculture destroys smaller approaches by taking an unfair advantage of subsidies and creating a cycle of dependency on manufacturers when vegetables and eggs are something that people can actually grow themselves.

Big companies in general can navigate the tax code better then common men ever will because of the needless complexity of deductions, making it an unfair playing field to compete.

Anyways, the dishonorable and machiavellians are rewarded in this economy while the ones truly giving value to the immediate society are being marginalized, in addition to the regressive taxes where higher-income persons pay a lower percent overall, and the fact that we have the highest corporate taxes in the world.
Gold: 0.76
Nov 20 2015 03:52pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 20 Nov 2015 16:47)
Big monopolies damage the economy in other ways then avoiding taxes, which honestly are just a little bump in comparison.

Big pharma destroys small companies and artificially raises the price of treatments, if a real leader was in the white house, they'd break it up to create competition and lower prices.

Big agriculture destroys smaller approaches by taking an unfair advantage of subsidies and creating a cycle of dependency on manufacturers when vegetables and eggs are something that people can actually grow themselves.

Big companies in general can navigate the tax code better then common men ever will because of the needless complexity of deductions, making it an unfair playing field to compete.

Anyways, the dishonorable and machiavellians are rewarded in this economy while the ones truly giving value to the immediate society are being marginalized, in addition to the regressive taxes where higher-income persons pay a lower percent overall, and the fact that we have the highest corporate taxes in the world.

:thumbsup: In a world where we can always see that diversity is the way a ecosystem stays alive, our economic pattern seems hell bent on destroying that ideal.
Gold: 25.65
Nov 20 2015 05:15pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Nov 20 2015 02:47pm)

- I will never accept this argument no matter how open minded I become. the entire tax code is out there for everyone. These common men choose not to study it nor do they choose to invest, which gives the highest deductions for losses and lowest taxes of long term capital gains. Information to value a company is all out there to see if they are under or over valued, especially with google and youtube.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 20 2015 07:47pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (leemyungbak @ Nov 20 2015 02:53pm)
Hi,

so thats my background.

when I read your post my natural response was: What a fucking idiot
Gold: 500.00
Nov 20 2015 07:59pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Nov 20 2015 01:53pm)
Hi,

so thats my background.

Have you tried googling your question
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll