d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Cops Are Becoming Better Marksmen > Hitting Smaller Targets More Often
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Nov 20 2015 02:38am

MARKSVILLE, La. — Two police officers in Louisiana are facing murder charges after a 6-year-old boy was shot to death in the front seat of his father’s vehicle, authorities said.

The shooting happened on a dead-end street at the end of a Tuesday night chase in Marksville, a town of about 5,500 about 90 miles northwest of Baton Rouge, authorities said.

It’s unclear why officers pursued or why shots were fired, since investigators say there were no outstanding warrants against the father, Chris Few, and that no firearm was found in his vehicle.

Jeremy Mardis, a first-grader, was hit by five bullets in the head and chest as the officers pursued his father’s car, according to WAFB. His father was hospitalized with gunshot wounds and was listed in critical condition.

http://myfox8.com/2015/11/07/officers-arrested-after-6-year-old-boy-shot-killed-in-louisiana/

Cases Like this are why I point out every time I find a situation when I think a cop steps over the line. If we don't continuously keep them in check this is what happens they begin to feel impervious to the law themselves. They take on an air of "well I'm on the side of Justice so I don't need rules only the rest of you do".

The father of 6-year-old Jeremy Mardis, the boy who was shot to death by police last week while a passenger in his dad's vehicle, had his hands up as officers opened fire, police body camera video shows, according to the father's lawyer.

Mark Jeansonne, attorney for Chris Few, first told The Associated Press that body camera video shows Few with his hands in the air before city marshals fired at Few's vehicle, severely wounding Few and killing his son.

"This was not a threatening situation for the police," Jeansonne said.

CBS News also reported that Few had his hands raised in the police video, citing an anonymous law enforcement source. The news organization reported that Jeansonne had not viewed the video himself, but that its contents were described by a judge during a hearing on Monday.

Jeansonne's office declined to comment when reached by HuffPost. Louisiana State Police, in charge of the investigation into the shooting, declined to comment. State police Master Trooper Scott Moreau emailed HuffPost a gag order issued by Judge William J. Bennett late Monday barring all involved in the case from speaking about it to the media.

State Police Superintendent Col. Mike Edmonson, announcing the arrests of two of the four officers involved in the shooting, said Friday that the body camera video "is one of the most disturbing scenes I have seen."

This case below doesn't end as tragically but it very easily could have, if the bullet had gone just a little off it could have struck a major artery causing her to bleed out and die of shock. Or he could have just missed worse and hit her in a vital area and killed her instantly.

The point is I've taught my kids, and every person who goes through a hunter safety course knows that you have to be aware of what's behind your target. Especially when it's a damned house. Isn't a dog bite worth the risk of discharging your weapon while it's pointed directly in the path of a kid? I would never point a loaded weapon in that direction safety on or not. This tendency of "my life matters above all else" is fucked up and wrong. That child's life and those civilians lives matter more. You sign up to put your life on the line to protect and serve.

WHITEHALL, Ohio - Gary Parsley says the shooting that happened on Chandler Drive in Whitehall, Friday afternoon, happened in an instant.

“Everything happened really fast,” he said.

Parsley says a Columbus Police Officer came to his house to follow up on a hit-and-skip case Parsley says he was a victim of two weeks ago. He says when the officer stepped outside - a woman, two houses down, came running out and pleading for help.

“She was wanting medical attention for her sister,” Parsley said. “That’s why she called the guy over there.”

Parsley went back inside his house. A few seconds later he heard the gunshot.

“I did hear the gunshot – it was very loud,” he said. “At first I thought maybe he’d shot the dog, because she was saying something about ‘Why would you try to shoot the dog?’ and he said something like the dog was attacking him, or something like that. Then, she started saying ‘You shot my kid!’.”

According to CPD, when the officer approached the house the family’s dog charged him.

“The officer fires one shot at the dog, misses the dog and accidentally shoots a four-year-old in the leg,” CPD spokeswoman, Denise Alex-Bouzounis, said.

Parsley says neighbors called 911. Police and first responders were there within minutes.

“They brought the girl out,” he said. “She wasn’t on a stretcher. One of the paramedics was carrying her. She had a blanket around her and there was a little bit of blood on the blanket, but she seemed to be conscious. Her head was poking around [and] she wasn’t, like, screaming or crying that I could tell.”

Parsley doesn’t understand why the officer felt the need to shoot in the first place.

“[The officer] was a big guy and they have tasers and clubs and stuff,” he said. “I don’t know why you would raise a gun. I really don’t agree with him just pulling his gun out and trying to shoot the dog.”

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/06/19/whitehall-ohio-4-year-old-accidentially-shot-by-columbus-police-officer.html
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 20 2015 02:47am
i read there was 4 cops ? what happened to the 2 others ?
maybe it was an operation and they didnt even know there was a kid in car, simply.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Nov 20 2015 02:49am
Nov 20 2015 03:08am
The two did all the shooting I believe, There was some dispute between the kids father and one cop over a personal matter. The two cops that killed him lied about the stop, and the father shooting back so that seems that they were up to no good. But my point really is: They were in no danger in anyway yet they shot 18 bullets with only 2 hitting the Dad and 5 hitting the kid. There was no reason to shoot until they were threatened for their life, and then to shoot at a man with a kid next to him? To me I'd rather risk my life than do that..these guys are scum no matter what. I think the other two cops were in another car behind them. They'll probably be witnesses to the shooting.
Nov 20 2015 03:17am
weird, whatkind of "personal story" can lead to this kind of butchery against unarmed guy and his kid
this is a non sense
Nov 20 2015 03:36am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 20 Nov 2015 04:17)
weird, whatkind of "personal story" can lead to this kind of butchery against unarmed guy and his kid
this is a non sense

or what kind of persons become cops that let a personal thing affect them to that level of ruthlessness?

This is what empowering some bullies with guns and tazers,and others weapons does it gives them a sense of being above the law themselves.
Gold: 9,039.20
Nov 20 2015 06:18am
6-year old autistic, you described every liberal on this forum
Gold: 7,252.72
Nov 20 2015 06:23am
...old . You still getting the news by carrier pigeon ?

This post was edited by WidowMaKer_MK on Nov 20 2015 06:25am
Nov 20 2015 06:25am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ 20 Nov 2015 13:18)

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 20 Nov 2015 13:23)
...old . You still getting the news by carrier pigeon ?

Nov 20 2015 07:00am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 20 Nov 2015 07:25)

Sadly so. :lol:

my attention has been occupied

Quote (j0ltk0la @ 20 Nov 2015 07:18)

Et Tu Killgore?
Gold: 129.89
Nov 20 2015 01:26pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Nov 20 2015 02:38am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yyclSGaj_U

http://myfox8.com/2015/11/07/officers-arrested-after-6-year-old-boy-shot-killed-in-louisiana/

Cases Like this are why I point out every time I find a situation when I think a cop steps over the line. If we don't continuously keep them in check this is what happens they begin to feel impervious to the law themselves. They take on an air of "well I'm on the side of Justice so I don't need rules only the rest of you do".

This case below doesn't end as tragically but it very easily could have, if the bullet had gone just a little off it could have struck a major artery causing her to bleed out and die of shock. Or he could have just missed worse and hit her in a vital area and killed her instantly.

The point is I've taught my kids, and every person who goes through a hunter safety course knows that you have to be aware of what's behind your target. Especially when it's a damned house. Isn't a dog bite worth the risk of discharging your weapon while it's pointed directly in the path of a kid? I would never point a loaded weapon in that direction safety on or not. This tendency of "my life matters above all else" is fucked up and wrong. That child's life and those civilians lives matter more. You sign up to put your life on the line to protect and serve.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/06/19/whitehall-ohio-4-year-old-accidentially-shot-by-columbus-police-officer.html

....wow......
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll