d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Do You Think The Dnc "stacks The Deck" > In Terms Who Is Is Going To Be Nominee?
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.31
Nov 20 2015 09:45pm
Quote (JLAudio @ Nov 19 2015 07:59am)
is this guy serious? hillary receives far more from wall street and the banks, even outpacing republicans. Jay just told a bold faced lie.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/clinton-money/
Washpo expose

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jul/07/facebook-posts/meme-says-hillary-clintons-top-donors-are-banks-an/
since i know you LOVE fact checking websites

Yeah no, but thanks for the laughs. The first laugh comes from any mention of Politifact -- not only is it not even the JV of fact-checking but it'd take a complete know-nothing to put confidence in them, and an I don't even know what to link to them. That's embarrassing.

A bigger problem is this moronic conflation between "big-dollar donors" and "the banks." For starters: I don't know if you morons are aware of this, but "banks" aren't real contributors; Individuals who work in the industry are. I don't know why we need to go any farther down the road on this conflation though. "Big-dollar donors" are not the same thing as "People who work in the financial sector." This should be obvious because, as well all know, there are people who work or have worked in literally every other sector other than banking. Those people contribute to political campaigns, too, and there's absolutely no arguing against the fact that the vast majority of their money goes to the Republicans. A simple dollar check on this cycle, or any other cycle, tells you that. There's simply no getting around that fact.

It is pretty hysterical to see some people struggle with such basic information. I don't even know how that happens, but here we are.

This post was edited by Pollster on Nov 20 2015 09:46pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll