d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Live Footage > Dragon Hunter Traps
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 212.00
Nov 6 2015 10:34am
Caught this on film earlier today. Someone walked across a Dragon Hunter trap.

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Nov 6 2015 10:36am
Gold: 50,881.58
Nov 9 2015 06:01am
+1 thread..?
Gold: 1,272.08
Nov 9 2015 07:16pm
hmm?
Nov 10 2015 05:45pm
Go run a few conquest matches. Then you'll understand this thread.
Hell, go roll up a Dragon Hunter and you'll understand it better.
Gold: 150.00
Nov 13 2015 06:16pm
I've lost all intrest in the game for reasons like this. Thief was fun, now even more bullshit can reveal them. Makes one of their major assests a major flaw. Burn guards were op, then adding dragonhunter to the mix too. War is in a shit spot. I hardly see chronos lose a 1v1... The xpac killed it for me. Short, shitty, and packed full of bullshit. Peace guys...
Gold: 277.00
Nov 14 2015 04:07am
Quote (Overdoses @ Nov 13 2015 07:16pm)
I've lost all intrest in the game for reasons like this. Thief was fun, now even more bullshit can reveal them. Makes one of their major assests a major flaw. Burn guards were op, then adding dragonhunter to the mix too. War is in a shit spot. I hardly see chronos lose a 1v1... The xpac killed it for me. Short, shitty, and packed full of bullshit. Peace guys...

Thief is in a really shit spot, but I have managed to come up with a staff build that works for me...and it has earned me a lot of tears...salty tears. The class still requires too much effort for too little reward though.

This post was edited by Kurow on Nov 14 2015 04:08am
Gold: 34.08
Nov 14 2015 04:29am
Quote (Kurow @ Nov 14 2015 10:07am)
Thief is in a really shit spot, but I have managed to come up with a staff build that works for me...and it has earned me a lot of tears...salty tears. The class still requires too much effort for too little reward though.

Where are you playing thief for this "too much effort"? All I see in conquest is Staff thieves spamming 5. Tell me where the effort is in an aoe spammable attack that does quite a considerable amount of damage, throw in their almost limitless evading potential and you have the easiest, most effortless class barring Dragonhunter.

Thief is in a shit spot, but it's not because of it's amount of effort, it's actually in it's lack of effort needed to play it.
Gold: 277.00
Nov 14 2015 01:48pm
Quote (AirJohnny @ Nov 14 2015 05:29am)
Where are you playing thief for this "too much effort"? All I see in conquest is Staff thieves spamming 5. Tell me where the effort is in an aoe spammable attack that does quite a considerable amount of damage, throw in their almost limitless evading potential and you have the easiest, most effortless class barring Dragonhunter.

Thief is in a shit spot, but it's not because of it's amount of effort, it's actually in it's lack of effort needed to play it.

Gold: 0.00
Nov 14 2015 08:43pm
I've seen people complain every class is OP in map chat.
So by that logic game is totally balanced. (Hint sarcasm).
I have been playing stronghold a lot because conquest got kind of boring after a while. Haven't really had issues. A lot of the heavy damage I take is definitely because I am running something that has no condi removal or something like that where the kind of damage I take turns expected. Personally have not had any issues with fighting against dragonhunters. If you avoid their traps they're not too hard to take down. Personally have been enjoying this expac a ton. Brought me back into actually wanting to play.
Nov 26 2015 09:44am
Here are the relevant problems that the current meta faces concerning spvp:

* Warrior is in an absolutely shitty place. Everything it is intended to do, is done better by every other class.
* Guardians are now better Rangers than Rangers and Rangers are better Guardians than Guardians. Who OK'd this shit during the HoT beta? No idea but I wonder why he's getting paid.
Might I also add that Guardians just bring too much to a team fight at this point. It's got everything, the DPS, the CC, team boons, great melee and now the best ranged class in the game.
The Guardian's longbow skills very much so mimic Ranger longbow skills but they have less than half the cool down and cast time. Guardian longbow actually makes Ranger as DPS completely obsolete.
* Revenant has only one viable build structure and that is Power Shiro. The problem here is that there is absolutely no ability to customize anything on your Revenant's utilities. Other than that it's fairly balanced.
* Engineer meta as Scrapper/Hammer is the new D/D Cele Ele. It needs some toning down as right now it has OP sustain compared to anything else. More over I find it annoying that Engi must bunker meta rather than DPS.
This is just as obnoxious as Rangers needing to bunker meta instead of DPS.
* Thief is actually balanced. It's the stupid OP shit that makes it look like it's struggling.
The DPS output on AoE skills such as DH traps, should never deal more damage than single target skills such as Backstab. This is the main culprit of our problems here.
Not sure why arena-net intended for every class with enormous AoE skills to shit damage all over the place but it's ruining the function of single target strikers.
* Mesmer is in a slightly bellow average position. It's still strong in 1v1/peeling but it has no on point presence in the face of all the new nuclear DPS. Thus the new Chronomancer team support skills become irrelevant against better teams.
* Necromancer is in a good balanced spot but minions need attention. The new MM builds summon too many minions and they soak up cleave limits too easily.
This creates a very very powerful form of damage mitigation that was simply unintended.
It's too easy for people to walk around inside of 11+ minions and not get hit by nades/earthshakers/ect.. as the minions soak up cleave limit and protect the players from taking hits.
* Ele is shit honestly, almost as bad off as Warrior.

So we have three main problems really:

* Classic classes are unable to keep up against HoT classes. This is a shitty move by a-net to put players in a position where they must buy HoT to be effective in pvp.
* AoE splash is too goddamn strong right now and it's too easy to use. It's turning the game away from the feel of technical skirmishing and more towards simplistic suicide bombing.
* Every class is leaning towards having only one viable build structure in competitive pvp. This is no good.
Every class should have some form of viability to play any role and at least make it work to a degree: Primary Engagement, Point Hold, Peel +1
But right now they balance around meta builds and not classes as a whole and this will prove to be a serious problem later on.
If they don't get better class design devs, it's going to push a lot of good players away from the game. ~ Permanently this time.

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Nov 26 2015 09:48am
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll