d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > I Might Be Changing My Mind > As Crazy As It Sounds
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Oct 1 2015 07:04am
I think that Bernie Sanders is by far the best candidate from both sides running for president. And if the world stayed like it was a year ago I would continue to think that. But several things have happened and are happening on the world front that concern me. Given the present situation that is unfolding in the middle east. Russia's very quick maneuver to help with ISL? or maybe just reinstate Assad? and squash the Syrian rebels. Either way he will have established A Russian presence there, under the guise of fighting terrorism. A great excuse, something he hasn't had in his last couple land grabs.

Putin has become very aggressive in a geopolitical sense now he is forcing the US. to make a hard decision about Syria. Instead of waiting and "talking it out" he started shooting not at us but in the ball field where we were playing, we just need to pick which team we are going to play on.

Notice how Putin came in from the outside and in one aggressive move put our president on the defensive and started a three tier attack on an enemy(I'm nor condoning war) Air Land and sea.

My point is I'm wondering if we aren't going to need a president with a very strong presence, one who demands attention when he walks into a room and makes sure he's heard. And one who won't back down from an argument, but is still willing to deal with anyone if it's beneficial? Maybe we do need a pseudo-King rather than a "brain" ? both would have handlers and aids no matter what. But I do remember having Jimmy Carter as prez. and as much as I admire him he wasn't really very presidential
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/01/opinions/syria-putin-obama-dilemma/index.html

The rapid Russian military build-up of forces and commencement of military operations in Syria has upset the established Western narratives on the Syrian civil war, operations against ISIS (also known as Islamic State), and Russia's confrontation with NATO in Eastern Europe.

Putin is clearly reasserting Russian influence in the Middle East and attempting to preserve his barbaric ally Bashar al-Assad. But his stated objective of combating terrorists including ISIS and the al Qaeda-affiliated group Jabhat al-Nusra in Syria align strongly with the U.S.-led strikes against ISIS that have been only marginally successful since their commencement in August 2014.

Where no strong ground forces exist to support them, coalition airstrikes have failed to push ISIS back in Syria and Iraq. ttp://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/01/opinions/syria-putin-obama-dilemma/index.html
Gold: 159.02
Oct 1 2015 07:07am

based putin glorious leader

to answer your question, no. i think we need compassionate leaders who are prepared to engage in genuine collaboration for the good of all. putin is a real ubermensch and commanding, charismatic presence and that's to be admired, but his value as a leader is in his challenging of geopolitical inequality and the world policing by the united states.

This post was edited by Devil_kin on Oct 1 2015 07:16am
Gold: 10.00
Oct 1 2015 07:13am
Quote (Devil_kin @ Oct 1 2015 08:07pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q13yzl6k6w0

based putin glorious leader

Putin is a great leader
Oct 1 2015 07:33am
Quote (Njoy @ 1 Oct 2015 08:13)
Putin is a great leader

to answer your question, no. i think we need compassionate leaders who are prepared to engage in genuine collaboration for the good of all. putin is a real ubermensch and commanding, charismatic presence and that's to be admired, but his value as a leader is in his challenging of geopolitical inequality and the world policing by the united states.

thanks men
you are so right
I was just getting the vapors..
Gold: 0.00
Oct 1 2015 08:13am
We need someone that protects our human rights and worries about what happens inside our borders rather than what happens outside of them.
Gold: 9,039.20
Oct 1 2015 08:19am
Bernie would bow out and let Putin have America, he's a professional coward.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 1 2015 08:22am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Oct 1 2015 07:19am)

We'd probably be better off under Putin's government to be fair.
Gold: 9,039.20
Oct 1 2015 08:31am
Quote (DPRK @ Oct 1 2015 08:22am)
We'd probably be better off under Putin's government to be fair.

Putin's leadership is wasted in Russia, there's only so much you can do in such a shit country.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 1 2015 09:04am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Oct 1 2015 09:19am)

Liberals are the only Americans who have prosecuted any war worth having.

From overthrowing the King, prosecuting the Civil War, to fighting the World Wars, Liberals are the greatest warriors America has ever had.

It is from having compassion and giving a shit about more than ourselves and the people we immediately care about.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 1 2015 09:04am
Oct 1 2015 09:22am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ 1 Oct 2015 09:19)

Quote (Skinned @ 1 Oct 2015 10:04)
Liberals are the only Americans who have prosecuted any war worth having.

From overthrowing the King, prosecuting the Civil War, to fighting the World Wars, Liberals are the greatest warriors America has ever had.

It is from having compassion and giving a shit about more than ourselves and the people we immediately care about.

whew! I'm feeling better again my sugar had dropped real low...after a spoon of peanut butter And some Liberal support my Bernie confidence is back
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll