d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Nyc Schools Close For Muslim Holiday
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 28 2015 02:17pm
...all the more reason to send your kids to a parochial school .
Gold: 6,586.00
Sep 28 2015 02:21pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ 28 Sep 2015 21:10)
That has nothing to do with the schools or the government though, they are the ones recognizing the other religious holiday while simultaneously dissolving all previous Christian elements(spiritual) from schooling.

im aggreed in toto! enlarge your eyes guys.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 28 2015 02:33pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ 28 Sep 2015 18:56)
No... You don't see hypocrisy in purging one religion out of a system with the ideal of 'no religion in government' only for them to allow for acknowledgement of another religion's holiday?

It is to me O.o

Surely you see the nuances that create the hypocritical situation..... Sure it is for easier cultural assimilation but imo schools are not the place to do so....

They're not 'purging' christianity out of their schools. This is America you dolt.
Gold: 32,161.71
Sep 28 2015 02:38pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Sep 28 2015 03:10pm)
That has nothing to do with the schools or the government though, they are the ones recognizing the other religious holiday while simultaneously dissolving all previous Christian elements(spiritual) from schooling.

Yes they are the ones recognizing religious holidays, such as Christmas and Easter. Recognizing/celebrating these days (as weeks) for many years doesn't somehow diminish the significance of these days as holidays. one could easily argue the very opposite actually

again, according to your logic

All Christian elements being purged
Christmas not purged
Christmas, according to Chris, must not be Christian

This post was edited by Bazi on Sep 28 2015 02:47pm
Gold: 1.69
Sep 28 2015 02:54pm
Quote (Bazi @ 28 Sep 2015 16:38)
Yes they are the ones recognizing religious holidays, such as Christmas and Easter. Recognizing/celebrating these days (as weeks) for many years doesn't somehow diminish the significance of these days as holidays. one could easily argue the very opposite actually

again, according to your logic

All Christian elements being purged
Christmas not purged
Christmas, according to Chris, must not be Christian

We are talking about schools bro. You are arguing nuances that aren't even associated with schools. Half the people who celebrate Christmas aren't even Christian, and just because it has Christian origins doesn't mean that they are getting those days off in recognition of a Christian holiday or that they are promoting Christianity.

They are just giving days off, without the Christian intonation, at times that are convenient for everybody, because they are all associated with the social norms of America.

The tradition did ORIGINALLY come from a Christian background, and it was normally established for those purposes, but those nuances have been stripped away according to the enforcement of seperation of church and state. This should be the same with the other holiday, which isn't even associated with a cultural norm so all you are doing is violating the separation of church of state for cultural assimilation.

We can agree to disagree about it though, as we are obviously seeing different meaning behind nuances and words.
Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 28 2015 03:05pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 28 Sep 2015 21:17)
...all the more reason to send your kids to a parochial school .

to make them fanatics ? (or to get a good part of them becoming dumb religious conservative biggots)
make each one sending their kids in dedicated religious school (christ, jew, muslim)

sure lets do that, bright future !
Sep 28 2015 03:07pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Sep 28 2015 03:54pm)
We are talking about schools bro. You are arguing nuances that aren't even associated with schools.

I am talking about the public system, in this case the school system, and how they have, are, and always will be accommodating christian holidays. Whether or not they decide to change it from Christmas break to Winter break (which doesn't even happen in many public school districts) for sake of being PC, the realism of the situation is you are given a 2 week break for christmas and a week break for easter. in the event winter break is moved to a time period that does not encompass christmas, and the same for easter, only then will you have a valid point.

Half the people who celebrate Christmas aren't even Christian

source

just because it has Christian origins doesn't mean that they are getting those days off in recognition of a Christian holiday .

your argument is the same- that once a religious day becomes culturally inclusive, it mysteriously loses the sentiments behind the day. intrinsically flawed argument

or that they are promoting Christianity.

irrelevant what christians do on christmas. irrelvent what nonchristians do on christmas.

The tradition did ORIGINALLY come from a Christian background, and it was normally established for those purposes, but those nuances have been stripped away according to the enforcement of seperation of church and state

if your definition of christmas being stripped away as a religious holiday is calling it winter break (in some areas) as opposed to christmas break, then i cannot argue with you.

We can agree to disagree about it though, as we are obviously seeing different meaning behind nuances and words.

yep

like i said the root behind your argument is:

religious holiday become cultural phenomenon that is globally celebrated and jk now its too popular and not religious anymore.

agree to diagree
Sep 28 2015 03:09pm
Quote (Bazi @ 28 Sep 2015 17:07)
I am talking about the public system, in this case the school system, and how they have, are, and always will be accommodating christian holidays. Whether or not they decide to change it from Christmas break to Winter break (which doesn't even happen in many public school districts) for sake of being PC, the realism of the situation is you are given a 2 week break for christmas and a week break for easter. in the event winter break is moved to a time period that does not encompass christmas, and the same for easter, only then will you have a valid point.

source

your argument is the same- that once a religious day becomes culturally inclusive, it mysteriously loses the sentiments behind the day. intrinsically flawed argument

irrelevant what christians do on christmas. irrelvent what nonchristians do on christmas.

if your definition of christmas being stripped away as a religious holiday is calling it winter break (in some areas) as opposed to christmas break, then i cannot argue with you.

yep

like i said the root behind yourargument is:

religious holiday become cultural phenomenon that is globally celebrated and jk now its too popular and not religious anymore.

agree to diagree

if we are going to agree to disagree at least understand my standpoint... You are ignoring almost my entire argument when i brought up the seperation of church of state, and how the government and schools view the differences.....

imo you'd make a really bad politician O.o
Sep 28 2015 03:12pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Sep 28 2015 04:09pm)
if we are going to agree to disagree at least understand my standpoint... You are ignoring almost my entire argument when i brought up the seperation of church of state, and how the government and schools view the differences.....

imo you'd make a really bad politician O.o

public system stripping away all chistian beliefs yeehaa, renaming christmas break into winterbreak therefore diminishing all the christian value of that day. i've heard your point and responded 4x now. that becoming a cultural phenomenon doesnt diminish the basis of the day. you say the same rhetoric without any facts or basis and dont even respond to arguments.

imo you'd make a great politician

This post was edited by Bazi on Sep 28 2015 03:13pm
Sep 28 2015 03:12pm
Quote (Bazi @ 28 Sep 2015 17:12)
public system stripping away all chistian beliefs yeehaa, renaming christmas break into winterbreak therefore diminishing the christian value of that day. you say the same rhetoric without any facts or basis.

imo you'd make a great politician

.... Lol.

edit: could say the same damn thing to you if you want to use that as your reason for saying what i am saying is wrong....

This post was edited by ChrisKz on Sep 28 2015 03:13pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll