d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > William Mckinley, Teddy Roosevelt, Bernie Sanders
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 1 2015 05:41am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Sep 27 2015 10:35am)
The poor also dramatically worse grades in high school and college. I'm fine with free college as long as it's done on a reimbursement basis so that if you fail, you pay every dime. I liked Obama's free community college reimbursement plan because it requires i think a 2.5 or a 3.0 or something.

I agree with you on the points of tax loopholes and trickle-down nonsense essentially giving the rich money for nothing then hearing them whine when the poor get money for nothing. I just dont like anyone getting money for nothing personally...

Yes, you put in less resources in the input, you get less in the output. There is a point where it just becomes simple math.
Gold: 1,444.13
Oct 1 2015 06:48am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Sep 28 2015 01:01pm)
I like Bernie, but I think he's done a very poor job explaining his plan of how to fund the trillions of dollars in programs he intends to implement. I too would looooove to raise minimum wage, add benefits to unemployment, make college free, etc., but his best plan for paying the money back is "it'll boost the lower-middle class and it'll cover itself" which I find to be a stretch. I think Bernie still needs to figure out ways to cut spending.

Actually he has laid it out quite clearly, as have multiple economists about how it works and that it WOULD work. The same economist that the WSJ did their report on how it would cost 18 trillion over 10 years also said in that same report that his [Sanders] plans would actually NET GAIN 5 trillion over those 10 years.
Making corporations pay their taxes and having EVERYONE pay their fair share of taxes covers a huge amount of it. College tuition is easily covered with the trading tax and cutting a tiny portion of our ridiculous defense spending can pay for every single thing this country could ever need, and still have a 1000x stronger defense than any other country on the planet.

This post was edited by Caulder10 on Oct 1 2015 06:49am
Gold: 260.11
Oct 1 2015 06:52am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Sep 28 2015 11:01am)
I like Bernie, but I think he's done a very poor job explaining his plan of how to fund the trillions of dollars in programs he intends to implement. I too would looooove to raise minimum wage, add benefits to unemployment, make college free, etc., but his best plan for paying the money back is "it'll boost the lower-middle class and it'll cover itself" which I find to be a stretch. I think Bernie still needs to figure out ways to cut spending.

Free college only costs 80 billion over 10 years. Compared to our national budget that is peanuts and it saves so much on the individual level. There are so many jobs available right now that you need a college education for that can't be filled. Good programmers come at a premium, the economy would have a huge boost if we could just produce programmers at a rate the market needs. The military actually needs cyber security programmers, but so few go into masters programs becuase industry pay is so high there's not enough people qualified to fill the national defense roles. Free college is really an absolute must, our nation needs to go forward becuase low skill manufacturing isn't coming back any time soon.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 1 2015 06:53am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 1 2015 07:52am)
Free college only costs 80 billion over 10 years. Compared to our national budget that is peanuts and it saves so much on the individual level. There are so many jobs available right now that you need a college education for that can't be filled. Good programmers come at a premium, the economy would have a huge boost if we could just produce programmers at a rate the market needs. The military actually needs cyber security programmers, but so few go into masters programs becuase industry pay is so high there's not enough people qualified to fill the national defense roles. Free college is really an absolute must, our nation needs to go forward becuase low skill manufacturing isn't coming back any time soon.

American workers are horribly under-qualified.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll