d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Important Question Of Principle > The Migrant Crisis
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Sep 26 2015 03:21pm
Is it the responsibility of rich western countries to accept any of the 5bn people from poorer countries that want a better life for themselves?

If so, any level of immigration into the west, whether it be a million or 100 million, should be allowed on a moral basis. If not, then we should not let in everyone who knocks on the door, when only 20% of migrants are originally from Syria, and most of those came from UN camps with food, water and shelter in abundance.
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 26 2015 03:26pm
No, it is not the West's responsibility to accept them within their borders. However, we should provide aid to countries that are struck by war, famine, plague, etc. The UN members should help neighboring countries establish refugee camps and help bear any sort of financial burden that ensues.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 26 2015 03:37pm
There is no moral obligation for any country to take in these refugees. I applaud the countries that do, but it's not in their own self-interest.
Gold: 0.76
Sep 26 2015 04:00pm
Quote (IceMage @ 26 Sep 2015 16:37)
There is no moral obligation for any country to take in these refugees. I applaud the countries that do, but it's not in their own self-interest.

Quote (thundercock @ 26 Sep 2015 16:26)
No, it is not the West's responsibility to accept them within their borders. However, we should provide aid to countries that are struck by war, famine, plague, etc. The UN members should help neighboring countries establish refugee camps and help bear any sort of financial burden that ensues.

You hypocrites think you are Christians but instead you're just selfish little boys clinging to what's yours. You two are the worst examples of what a Christian man should be on this SF. You think that since you say you follow jesus Christ you can behave like assholes to anyone who you don't think is worthy. Keep the dirty Muslims out of my country it's not my job to give them aid.

No moral obligation? "whatever you did for the least of these you did for me as well." Does that ring a bell? Not the West's responsibility? Love your brother as you love yourself is the second most important commandment as described by your savior.

You are moral lightweights. You hold no responsibilities for those who are suffering, starving, wounded, or oppressed. You dare judge the degree to which someone else is deserving of charities to how much they have suffered? You dare sit in the fucking comfort of the United States and decide that "Oh those men are only economic refugees, and they aren't original Syrians so they deserve nothing of my abundance." You are moral lepers infected with greed and bigotry letting it eat away at you like infection. Letting the world see the true monster hidden away
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 26 2015 04:03pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2015 02:00pm)
You hypocrites think you are Christians but instead you're just selfish little boys clinging to what's yours. You two are the worst examples of what a Christian man should be on this SF. You think that since you say you follow jesus Christ you can behave like assholes to anyone who you don't think is worthy. Keep the dirty Muslims out of my country it's not my job to give them aid.

No moral obligation? "whatever you did for the least of these you did for me as well." Does that ring a bell? Not the West's responsibility? Love your brother as you love yourself is the second most important commandment as described by your savior.

You are moral lightweights. You hold no responsibilities for those who are suffering, starving, wounded, or oppressed. You dare judge the degree to which someone else is deserving of charities to how much they have suffered? You dare sit in the fucking comfort of the United States and decide that "Oh those men are only economic refugees, and they aren't original Syrians so they deserve nothing of my abundance." You are moral lepers infected with greed and bigotry letting it eat away at you like infection. Letting the world see the true monster hidden away

You must not have read what I said. Reread it again you stupid fucking redneck.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 26 2015 04:04pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2015 05:00pm)

Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 26 2015 04:12pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2015 06:00pm)

...what a hoot :rofl:
Gold: 500.00
Sep 26 2015 04:17pm
you can't just go around screwing shit up in other countries then ask why they're fleeing the places you've messed up
Gold: 3.33
Sep 26 2015 04:18pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2015 11:00pm)

I don't think being a Christian requires you to accept millions of undocumented immigrants, most of which don't need to come to Europe. The UK government spending £1bn on UN camps in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon is a perfect example of how you can help people without compromising your own security or culture.
Gold: 633.87
Sep 26 2015 04:20pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2015 05:00pm)

Who are you calling a hypocrite? Have you sold your house yet, or are you still an armchair lightweight who demands other people suffer for your moral conscience?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll