d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Republicans, Trump Vs Hillary > Who Would You Vote For Today?
Prev1111213
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 29 2015 11:31pm
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 29 2015 04:32pm)
Uh... crazy/dumb Republicans used the last tragic terrorist attack to try to further divide us, just like they used 9/11. They laughably treat Benghazi like some big scandal rather than what it actually was: an attack on us. That is unless you're talking about an attack against the homeland specifically, but even that is no longer a guarantee for a "rally around the flag" effect.

I'm not talking about an overseas terrorist attack where a few people are killed. I'm speaking of an attack on the homeland where tens of people die.... I think that would encourage Americans(and thus politicians) to come together.
Gold: 7,525.35
Sep 30 2015 06:04am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Sep 30 2015 12:07am)

Thats now what the model is saying. At all.
Gold: 20.31
Sep 30 2015 12:09pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 29 2015 10:31pm)
I'm not talking about an overseas terrorist attack where a few people are killed. I'm speaking of an attack on the homeland where tens of people die.... I think that would encourage Americans(and thus politicians) to come together.

Do you really think if a 9/11-esque attack happened tomorrow that Republicans and Republicans-calling-themselves-Independents would support Obama the way Democrats/Independents supported Bush? I think that's impossible to believe given how they've behaved for the entirety of Obama's presidency. There would be no rallying around the flag; Republicans would be falling over one anther to say "see we told you, his failure to say the words 'radical Islam' caused this."

It wouldn't even matter if we had proof of a specific actor, they would blame Russia, Iran, ISIS, Cuba, and whoever else they could shoehorn into the mix. It'd be Obama's fault for waging the "War on Christmas" instead of saying "radical Islam" 15x a day. It'd be Obama's fault for actually trying to prevent a dangerous nation from obtaining a nuclear weapon, unlike how his predecessor just allowed North Korea to march towards one. It'd be Obama's fault for going along with the sequestration cuts they wanted, even though that probably wouldn't prevent any large-scale attack if one actually happened. It'd be Obama's fault for "placating the gays" by allowing women and LGBT enlisteds to take on larger roles in the armed forces. It'd be Obama's fault for "withdrawing when victory was at hand" in Iraq. Obama's fault, Obama's fault, Obama's fault.
Sep 30 2015 12:27pm
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 30 2015 01:09pm)
Do you really think if a 9/11-esque attack happened tomorrow that Republicans and Republicans-calling-themselves-Independents would support Obama the way Democrats/Independents supported Bush? I think that's impossible to believe given how they've behaved for the entirety of Obama's presidency. There would be no rallying around the flag; Republicans would be falling over one anther to say "see we told you, his failure to say the words 'radical Islam' caused this."

It wouldn't even matter if we had proof of a specific actor, they would blame Russia, Iran, ISIS, Cuba, and whoever else they could shoehorn into the mix. It'd be Obama's fault for waging the "War on Christmas" instead of saying "radical Islam" 15x a day. It'd be Obama's fault for actually trying to prevent a dangerous nation from obtaining a nuclear weapon, unlike how his predecessor just allowed North Korea to march towards one. It'd be Obama's fault for going along with the sequestration cuts they wanted, even though that probably wouldn't prevent any large-scale attack if one actually happened. It'd be Obama's fault for "placating the gays" by allowing women and LGBT enlisteds to take on larger roles in the armed forces. It'd be Obama's fault for "withdrawing when victory was at hand" in Iraq. Obama's fault, Obama's fault, Obama's fault.

If Republicans turned a major terrorist attack into a political fight, they would turn off the vast majority of Americans. Many Republican voters would not stand for it. Republicans wouldn't suddenly bend over in the fights over domestic issues, but I think they would be more cooperative and less divisive in their rhetoric. Hopefully the president would follow suit.
Gold: 500.00
Sep 30 2015 12:31pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 30 2015 01:27pm)
If Republicans turned a major terrorist attack into a political fight, they would turn off the vast majority of Americans. Many Republican voters would not stand for it. Republicans wouldn't suddenly bend over in the fights over domestic issues, but I think they would be more cooperative and less divisive in their rhetoric. Hopefully the president would follow suit.

unless said terrorist attack is basically assassinating the president - in which case you'd have republicans celebrating everywhere
Sep 30 2015 12:41pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 30 2015 01:31pm)
unless said terrorist attack is basically assassinating the president - in which case you'd have republicans celebrating everywhere

If by Republicans you mean Muslims all around the world, I tend to agree.
Gold: 20.31
Sep 30 2015 12:49pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 30 2015 11:27am)

They have turned off the vast majority of Americans, hence their massively-underwater favorability rating. It doesn't matter what Republicans do anymore -- Democrats hate it, "true Independents" hate it, Republicans-who-call-themselves-Independents don't like it but vote for them anyway, and Republicans like it anyway. This is the new normal after Bush's presidency, and after the way they've conducted themselves during Obama's presidency.

Republican voters wouldn't like it but they'd still vote Republican, just like they do now.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213
Add Reply New Topic New Poll