d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mclaughlin Group-syria Update
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,819.09
Sep 15 2015 08:46pm
The Kurds are placated easily in my mind. I think Assad would be open to an autonomous Kurdish region linked with Iraqi Kurdistan. For one, Iraq is a Syrian ally and they like the Kurds, so why can't Assad. Also, Turkey hates the Kurds and Assad hates Turkey. A Kurdish buffer state (but protected under Syrian sovereignty and international law) would be a boon for Assad.
Gold: 6,351.00
Sep 15 2015 09:00pm
Quote (Caedus @ Sep 15 2015 07:46pm)
The Kurds are placated easily in my mind. I think Assad would be open to an autonomous Kurdish region linked with Iraqi Kurdistan. For one, Iraq is a Syrian ally and they like the Kurds, so why can't Assad. Also, Turkey hates the Kurds and Assad hates Turkey. A Kurdish buffer state (but protected under Syrian sovereignty and international law) would be a boon for Assad.

Good luck with getting the Turks to play along with that. If this happens, naturally the massive Kurd population in Turkey would want some autonomy at the least, and possibly secession from Turkey and unification with the Iraqi+Syrian Kurdistan most likely. I think Turkey would unleash the legions and try to sabotage any sort of deal involving the Kurds considering that would be a direct thread to their sovereignty.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Sep 15 2015 09:04pm
Gold: 1,819.09
Sep 15 2015 09:10pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 15 2015 11:00pm)
Good luck with getting the Turks to play along with that. If this happens, naturally the massive Kurd population in Turkey would want some autonomy at the least, and possibly secession from Turkey and unification with the Iraqi+Syrian Kurdistan most likely. I think Turkey would unleash the legions and try to sabotage any sort of deal involving the Kurds considering that would be a direct thread to their sovereignty.

Fuck the Turks. Erdogan is an Islamist slime ball who thinks he's a Sultan and is content to have his HUMINT agencies support ISIL to weaken their rivals.
Gold: 633.87
Sep 15 2015 09:41pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 15 2015 07:38pm)
Prediction: Russia will go into Syria militarily and the Europeans specifically France, UK, Germany will actually follow Russias lead because they will want some sort of stop to the immigration issue. You already see many countries trying to impose some sort of border controls. Once those fail the Euros will realize military intervention in Syria is the best solution to stop immigration and eventually send the masses back home.

Yeah i watch it every single week. Pat Buchanan is my hero.

Europe is not at the point where it will swing decisively right-wing, they will oppose significant Russian intervention.
Gold: 6,351.00
Sep 15 2015 09:53pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Sep 15 2015 08:41pm)
Europe is not at the point where it will swing decisively right-wing, they will oppose significant Russian intervention.

Not yet*

And i think they are to be honest with you. Read the latest headlines Austria, Hungary, Germany are all talking about closing down borders. That won't do much people will still find ways in and keep streaming in. And what happens with the people that get their asylum applications denied? We all know that not everyone will be able to stay, you think they'll willingly leave?

Give it a little longer and western Europe is going to start resembling the movie District 9.
Gold: 633.87
Sep 15 2015 10:01pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 15 2015 10:53pm)
Not yet*

And i think they are to be honest with you. Read the latest headlines Austria, Hungary, Germany are all talking about closing down borders. That won't do much people will still find ways in and keep streaming in. And what happens with the people that get their asylum applications denied? We all know that not everyone will be able to stay, you think they'll willingly leave?

Give it a little longer and western Europe is going to start resembling the movie District 9.

I'm not going to speak to the future.

Europe will not presently line up with Russians. German support for immigration increased in August.
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 16 2015 02:45am
Quote (bogie160 @ Sep 15 2015 08:41pm)

Oppose it how? Whine and cry? Sure. Be willing to do anything militarily to prevent it? LOL. And politically, there's a good chance Europe couldn't prevent it regardless, without the support of the US and/or China.

Unless China or the United States decides that Russia's intentions should be prevented, Russia will do whatever it damned well pleases.

And frankly, if it requires supporting Assad to stomp out the goat fucking terrorists, then supporting Assad may not be such a bad thing. We know why ISIS can manage to be such a pain in the ass in Iraq. Have you forgotten that the only reason they can in Syria is a civil war?

Either a choice has to be made to throw in 100% support with Assad to get the country back under control, 100% support with the Kurds, or a mixture of the two, where support to Assad is predicated on losing the portion of his country that would effectively link up with Kurdish Iraq.

Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 16 2015 03:23am
France, Britain, and US official position is Assad isnt the "solution" for syria.

On the other hand nobody have interest of making that situation ends, because rebels islamist isnt a solution either

So it's just about let the war continue indefinitely.

Not trusting T.V in anyway
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 16 2015 04:39am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Sep 16 2015 04:23am)
France, Britain, and US official position is Assad isnt the "solution" for syria.

On the other hand nobody have interest of making that situation ends, because rebels islamist isnt a solution either

So it's just about let the war continue indefinitely.

Not trusting T.V in anyway

Cause clearly this war is benefiting the United States and Europe. :rolleyes:
Gold: 285.00
Sep 16 2015 07:27am
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 16 2015 05:39am)
Cause clearly this war is benefiting the United States and Europe. :rolleyes:

Some individuals in the US and Europe absolutely.

Gonna watch this when I get home from work.

This post was edited by Skinned on Sep 16 2015 07:27am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll