d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Is It Weird, > A Dream I Had
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 4,653.01
Sep 8 2015 08:42pm
okay well i dont call myself a real christian.
i used to go to church every sunday when i was younger with my grandmother for years.
then i stopped and resumed again when i lived with my aunt and uncle.

i never really got into the whole thing. although i do believe thought, i know i dont follow the way that i should.
i never read the bible. only hearing a few scriptures from the pastor when he would make reference to something he was talking about.

so with that being said. a year or so ago i had a dream .
i was inside my house and i was looking out the window for some reason. all the sudden the sun turned dark colord and the moon turned blood red.
it then started to rain down fireballs everywhere.
they were landing on everything i thought i was safe inside my house but they were zipping through the walls and coming inside.
everywhere i went to hide they followed.

sounds familiar?
i was told to read revelations , i did so and my dream was perfectly interpreted by what is said to take place in the bible.
again ive never read the bible. or revelations so ruling that out is easy that i may have had a dream based on what i read or witnessed before.

how is it that i had a dream of event that happens in the bible when i have never read revelations?
should i take that as a sign?
Gold: 1.00
Sep 9 2015 12:19pm
I had something similar happen to me when I first got saved. I had a dream that I was reading the bible, and the scripture that I read in my dream, I never had I read it before in my life, but when I woke up, I flipped through my bible as fast as I could and it was the same exact scripture in my dream. See, God is drawing you, that definitely didn't happen by chance. Your testimony is amazing, and God is definitely trying to tell you something. It's no chance you had that dream, actually that is bible prophecy coming to pass. We are truly living in the last days. Scripture says in the last days, God will have an outpouring of His spirit upon all flesh. Old men shall dream dreams and young men shall have visiosn. The moon shall be turned to blood and the sun shall be darkened. And as for the meteors you saw, that is part of the tribulations after Jesus' second coming which is in the book of revelations. If you didn't believe in God before you should definitely believe now seeing God allowed you to have such a dream. And if you aren't living for God like you should, you definitely should now because Jesus is soon to come, and I'm mean soon! And what you had a dream about is only the beginning of the tribulations to come after Jesus returns. Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Find you a church home buddy and live for Jesus, time is winding down ..

And the funny part is the same scripture I read in my dream is the same scripture that I was telling you about. It's in the Old Testament and New Testament as well.

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.” Joel‬ ‭2:28-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:” ‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:17-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Gold: 6,228.00
Oct 8 2015 12:09am
I am not gifted with dream interpretation but you said you were looking out your window for "a reason". A reason for what? To seek God, because if thats the case it would make sense the Lord would give you a dream of Armageddon to warn you possibly ofbthe seriousness of being close to God. Hope this helps God bless.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 8 2015 01:04am
it means nothing, it means you played diablo2 or some game. or watched some film. dreams are the brain's way to process informations from the previous day, maybe 2-3 days before. there is no God involved

This post was edited by the_rest on Oct 8 2015 01:08am
Gold: 7,164.00
Oct 14 2015 02:24pm
Quote (the_rest @ Oct 7 2015 11:04pm)
it means nothing, it means you played diablo2 or some game. or watched some film. dreams are the brain's way to process informations from the previous day, maybe 2-3 days before. there is no God involved

I would agree.

Special revelation from God in the Bible was for specific purposes.
If you are interested in the truth of reality, I believe the Christian worldview seems to make the most sense of our human experience. That's why I'm a Christian. I wouldn't be looking to find meaning in things because when God chose special revelation as a means of communication, it was always clear.

Christianity is not just something on the side or a bunch of wisdom for life. It is the view of reality that God created us, and that he has interacted with us, and the Bible is the historical account of those interactions. If the Bible is the accurate version of reality, then we are fortunate because God has given us a way to right what we have done wrong.

I would look into it for yourself. If the Bible is just a bunch of crap, then we should seek what makes more sense of reality. But if the Bible is true, then it changes everything. It's tough, there's a lot of non-Christians with terrible arguments just like there are a bunch of "Christians" that sound incredibly dumb (maybe they are lol). The hardest part I believe that people have with God is that they would have to humble themselves to something greater, and most of us like to think we are in control and have lots of pride and self-worship. Even if God did some miraculous worldwide event, people would still look to themselves and not to God.

I wish you the best, and again don't look into the dreams too much, I've had plenty of doomsday dreams, and have never thought it was a sign from God.
Gold: 25.65
Nov 19 2015 01:33pm
Quote (the_rest @ Oct 8 2015 12:04am)

If you believe that God is sovereign, He is involved in everything.

He could've used d2 or some game so that he brings him to questioning here. God uses us, the hands and feet, to answer prayers.
Gold: 178.48
Nov 19 2015 11:01pm
Quote (the_rest @ 8 Oct 2015 17:04)

I disagree, this is simply an attempt to dismiss his claims just to make yourself feel comfortable.

Dreams come in many forms, the ones which are based on things you have seen before are obvious, they feel hazy and are easy to forget.
The important ones are often lucid, wherein you feel like you are actually in them and you don't forget them easily, you will also be able to visualize the details long after having had the dream.

I suggest anyone who calls themselves "Christian" reread the bible, particularly revelations.
Gold: 669.71
Warn: 10%
Nov 20 2015 03:48am
I have dreams where I would do things that I'd never do while I was awake
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Nov 30 2015 02:59pm
nice man
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic