d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > How Do You Go About Studying The Bible?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Sep 8 2015 06:31pm
I'm currently simply reading through the gospel of John with the KJV then again with the ESV.
But I don't feel as if I'm studying the bible rather than reading it.
I do go to bible study's but I'm looking for single effort methods.
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 9 2015 06:02am
I am going to suggest you read Romans .

When you are finished read it again . And then read it again and again and again until you are thoroughly familiar with it .
Sep 9 2015 06:51am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Sep 9 2015 07:02am)
I am going to suggest you read Romans .

When you are finished read it again . And then read it again and again and again until you are thoroughly familiar with it .

Should I be going into deeper research as well?
Finding the whole context of Romans, reading commentaries, ect...?
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 9 2015 10:35am
Quote (S3th @ Sep 9 2015 08:51am)

...I would recommend that as well , yes . I admire your dedication :hail:
Gold: 1.00
Sep 9 2015 11:53am
The bible really isn't something you can read like a comic book, scripture runs deep, but John is a good place to start. The gospels are always the best places to start (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). They tell the story of Jesus. A good thing you could look into is a study bible. Or you could also look into purchasing a commentary. Since the scriptures in the bible are much deeper than what you read, a study bible or commentaries help get you a little deeper and give a little better understand. But first thing is always first, we want to make sure we've done the first work, and that's repenting from our sins and accepting Jesus into our hearts so we can be in right fellowship with God. And also, find you a good church home bud and a pastor to submit to. This isn't a walk we can walk alone, we need each other, and we also need a leader to guide us in the right direction. God gives us pastors to feed us with knowledge and understanding (Jeremiah 3:15). Prayers and blessings man.
Gold: 6,479.31
Sep 12 2015 03:12pm
Quote (S3th @ Sep 9 2015 08:51am)

Commentaries and Study Bibles are really helpful sometimes. Also, listening to lessons on YouTube or church websites can help as well.
Gold: 669.71
Warn: 10%
Sep 14 2015 11:56am
I listen on tape
Sep 14 2015 09:41pm
Quote (S3th @ Sep 9 2015 10:31am)
I'm currently simply reading through the gospel of John with the KJV then again with the ESV.
But I don't feel as if I'm studying the bible rather than reading it.
I do go to bible study's but I'm looking for single effort methods.

I have the ability to study for long periods without taking breaks. What I'm currently doing is reading The Bible from beginning to end in large chunks. By that I mean reading an entire book from start to finish in a single burst.

Not necessarily to understand but to get the gist of what it does say. Last week I just finished 2 Chronicles. Next book I read will be Ezra.
Gold: 391.34
Oct 7 2015 08:23pm
I have the ability to study for long periods without taking breaks. What I'm currently doing is reading The Bible from beginning to end in large chunks. By that I mean reading an entire book from start to finish in a single burst.

Not necessarily to understand but to get the gist of what it does say. Last week I just finished 2 Chronicles. Next book I read will be Ezra.

Read to understand, and pray about what you don't understand, and research God/Jesus askes that you dont take things blindly. I've skipped around alot, commentarys are awesome. I would recommend the peoples bible. I have a

number of their volumes, they are people who have taken part of in NIV versions of the bible. Buy one or two, you can get used copies on amazon/ e bay

Look it up tho before you plan on buying, very safe venue, good insight. But look it up.

This post was edited by KraftDinn3r on Oct 7 2015 08:27pm
Gold: 6,228.00
Oct 8 2015 12:00am
You gotta set aside time 1st of all and pray for the joy that comes from really studying Gods word. It is a priority so if your not putting it 1st place you will not get the pleasure intended. So when you study all distractions possible should be eliminated. Now after these couple of steps I would suggest studying a short passage of scripture for a week or more, because the more you meditate on the Word, the more you will find opposed to just "reading the bible". God bless you and happy treasure hunting!
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic