d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Big Balancing > Little Effort For The Programmer
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 130,247.63
Trader: Trusted
Sep 7 2015 01:24pm
since i feel that the programmer might not have the biggest motivation to do huge updates with big programming atm (if it is the case i am sorry and happily waiting for the update ;) )
i thought i would post a topic with ideas of balancing changes that should improve the gaming with little to no effort (just changing a few numbers is needed)
if anything seems to be not balanced just post which number and post your suggestion. we can work this out together and improve the balancing. if you have similar suggestion (really just changing a little bit on numbers without alot programming!!) feel free to post them ofc.
paul can change the numbers like he wishes.. take them or maybe go into the direction)

1) Abilities
a) topmash (charge with dmg healed) 10% per charge --> 25% per charge (healer cant attack while healing.. so this would make this ability viable again.. atm it is just useless)
b ) healrage (see above)
c) xin (s.a.)
d) sapcast + degenerate (12,5% charge per heal --> 16,6% charge per heal)
e) charge with hitting (casting) and charge with casting (hitting): increased charge rate of 50% (close to useless abilities.. should be improved to have any use)

2) magical stats (keep in mind how hard it is to gather this kind of gear with high magical stats of the following kind that is still useable!
a) heal mastery (change to the way it used to be: atm it is close to useless since int is increasing the heal by the same amount + inceasing the cast attack + increasing the magical defence, making heal mastery obsolete)
b ) magic luck: increase the amount of the drops by 5% per magic luck (adds up if more group members are using this)
c) damage return: increase the numbers of all existing and new items from 1-14% to 4-56%: you dont recive so much dmg compared to the dmg you deal.. this could make new builds around this possible eventually)
d) parry: 1-14% to 2-28%
e) critical flux: 1-14% to 2-28%
f) elemental masteries: let them work how heal mastery used to be: adding percental dmg (could be pretty strong.. but then again.. how much mastery + int gear is around? ^^)
g) mana skin: 1-14% to 2-28% (just needing 1/2 of the mana though)
h) glancing blow: 1-14% to 2-28%
i) jubilance: 1-14 to 10-140

3) sellable wellables (works well with 2b)
4) little bit increased drop quality (quantity is REALLY ok now) (2b would increase this a little bit too)

Please only constructive posts!

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on Sep 7 2015 01:27pm
Gold: 10,176.60
Sep 7 2015 09:37pm
5. get rid of the instafail chance on ???? for glyphs
have essences come back with the same magical level that you put in to mute
allow muting of heavy weapons

honestly have gave up on any of these long ago but might as well post since you made the thread
Gold: Locked
Sep 7 2015 10:55pm
6. Auto abandon of fishing ("Escape the hook") if u dont act for 3 turns.
Gold: 23,251.52
Sep 8 2015 02:24am
Quote (obob_ro @ 8 Sep 2015 06:55)

This idea requires some programming. :P

...but great idea ofc. :)
Gold: 134.21
Sep 8 2015 06:18am
Some good ideas in there man.
Sep 8 2015 09:06am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 7 Sep 2015 20:24)
since i feel that the programmer might not have the biggest motivation to do huge updates with big programming atm (if it is the case i am sorry and happily waiting for the update ;) )
i thought i would post a topic with ideas of balancing changes that should improve the gaming with little to no effort (just changing a few numbers is needed)
if anything seems to be not balanced just post which number and post your suggestion. we can work this out together and improve the balancing. if you have similar suggestion (really just changing a little bit on numbers without alot programming!!) feel free to post them ofc.
paul can change the numbers like he wishes.. take them or maybe go into the direction)

1) Abilities
a) topmash (charge with dmg healed) 10% per charge --> 25% per charge (healer cant attack while healing.. so this would make this ability viable again.. atm it is just useless)
b ) healrage (see above)
c) xin (s.a.)
d) sapcast + degenerate (12,5% charge per heal --> 16,6% charge per heal)
e) charge with hitting (casting) and charge with casting (hitting): increased charge rate of 50% (close to useless abilities.. should be improved to have any use)

2) magical stats (keep in mind how hard it is to gather this kind of gear with high magical stats of the following kind that is still useable!
a) heal mastery (change to the way it used to be: atm it is close to useless since int is increasing the heal by the same amount + inceasing the cast attack + increasing the magical defence, making heal mastery obsolete)
b ) magic luck: increase the amount of the drops by 5% per magic luck (adds up if more group members are using this)
c) damage return: increase the numbers of all existing and new items from 1-14% to 4-56%: you dont recive so much dmg compared to the dmg you deal.. this could make new builds around this possible eventually)
d) parry: 1-14% to 2-28%
e) critical flux: 1-14% to 2-28%
f) elemental masteries: let them work how heal mastery used to be: adding percental dmg (could be pretty strong.. but then again.. how much mastery + int gear is around? ^^)
g) mana skin: 1-14% to 2-28% (just needing 1/2 of the mana though)
h) glancing blow: 1-14% to 2-28%
i) jubilance: 1-14 to 10-140

3) sellable wellables (works well with 2b)
4) little bit increased drop quality (quantity is REALLY ok now) (2b would increase this a little bit too)

5. lower the chance of the instafail ???? for glyphs
have essences come back with the same magical level that you put in to mute (increase the chance for the same lvl)
allow muting of heavy weapons

Please only constructive posts!

i added your idea but tried to make these similar to the topic´s ideas

(if this can be copied from the player´s auto leave from catacombs)

Gold: 248,598.85
Sep 9 2015 10:39am
I think the drop rate is fine. It was already increased last patch I believe. As for some of your mod percentages they are way too high unless there is a max cap I am unaware of. 3x 28% will give huge mitigation for nearly all attacks. Magic luck could be 1% per point to whoever gets the killing blow. Group magic luck and 5% is just way too high. Jubilance should just be removed. Gives too many opportunities if it's raised for people to auto click afk to stay connected forever. I like auto abandon for fishing, lagging out and losing a rod sucks. One thing that could change the game would be adding a higher 60 tier and 65 tier and raising MQ to 81 or something. Adds more endgame, harder MQ and people that have all the hear in world will want to find those new items for 60 and 65. Wouldn't be that hard to just scale everything up. Also on a site wide thing maybe change how guild points work or something else to incentivize new players to play the game. Maybe like a free 10 fg for completing your first master quest (this could be 5 fg idk, something small to not affect fg dump) easily countered by below idea or add seasons into guild points oe something so guilds can compete for trophies (resets) for MQ and rewards to guilds that complete these ie specific orbs or something buyable after a tier reached

This post was edited by harmacintyre on Sep 9 2015 10:41am
Gold: 1,470.74
Sep 9 2015 11:19am
Quote (harmacintyre @ Sep 9 2015 12:39pm)
I think the drop rate is fine. It was already increased last patch I believe. As for some of your mod percentages they are way too high unless there is a max cap I am unaware of. 3x 28% will give huge mitigation for nearly all attacks. Magic luck could be 1% per point to whoever gets the killing blow. Group magic luck and 5% is just way too high. Jubilance should just be removed. Gives too many opportunities if it's raised for people to auto click afk to stay connected forever. I like auto abandon for fishing, lagging out and losing a rod sucks. One thing that could change the game would be adding a higher 60 tier and 65 tier and raising MQ to 81 or something. Adds more endgame, harder MQ and people that have all the hear in world will want to find those new items for 60 and 65. Wouldn't be that hard to just scale everything up. Also on a site wide thing maybe change how guild points work or something else to incentivize new players to play the game. Maybe like a free 10 fg for completing your first master quest (this could be 5 fg idk, something small to not affect fg dump) easily countered by below idea or add seasons into guild points oe something so guilds can compete for trophies (resets) for MQ and rewards to guilds that complete these ie specific orbs or something buyable after a tier reached

Na the 28% is the cap, wasn't 3x 28% it was listing 2% being cap at tier 1 up to 28% at tier 14. Adding higher tiers would be pointless if nothing usable ever drops at those tiers. You'd need a lvl65 item with 190ee+ to beat most of the current lvl55's being used.
Gold: 455.51
Sep 9 2015 11:31am
Quote (PowerTripped @ 9 Sep 2015 19:19)
Na the 28% is the cap, wasn't 3x 28% it was listing 2% being cap at tier 1 up to 28% at tier 14. Adding higher tiers would be pointless if nothing usable ever drops at those tiers. You'd need a lvl65 item with 190ee+ to beat most of the current lvl55's being used.

Pretty sure the average ee on 55 items people use is lower than 230
Sep 9 2015 11:41am
Quote (harmacintyre @ 9 Sep 2015 17:39)

well the drop rate (quantity AND quanlity) was increased a lot in the last patch and then nerved again short after that. now the quantity has been increased again while the quality is nerved to the ground. just this needs to be fixed mainly.

as i said in my explanation: you have to get gear with 3 times 28% of any metigation.. this + other usefull mods is hardly existing. but with this buff you could even consider buying around that stat. atm everybody is ignoring most of the stats that i suggested to be buffed.

nobody even knows if magic luck is helping anything. guys have done dozens of climbs with 25 magic luck or something and not found anything useful ( :banana: doug). this shouldnt be the case. i think high magic luck should be noticeable.

dont forget that jubilance cant directly bring you to the masterquest by staying afk. you have to get the last kill to get the lvl up. with maximum suggested jubilance of 140 each piece this would be 420 maximum --> 1.000.000/420 = 2381 seconds = 39,7 minutes per lvl! --> 46,3 hours for the complete climb! this cannot be abused by any meaning. (either buff like this or just remove completely)

fishing thing would be nice ofc (if it doesnt need too much work which would be against the topic idea)

i personally would hate another lvl 60-65 gear.. you dont even find lvl 30 gear with decent ee atm. the content to lvl 101 should be improved with better magic luck and profs or something more rewarding for the higher difficulty. (it is allready really hard to get to lvl 101 especally soloing) it would also suck to increase the mq time again and stretch the lvls... mq time was made shorter to not have to stay online for several hours everytime. you can do a climb in 1-1,5 hours which is doable even if you are relatively short on time.

the guild point payment has been denied several times allready. an improvement around this could be not too bad but would end up with a lot of work and thoughts again (which would be against the "easy" balance change idea of the topic again)

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on Sep 9 2015 11:50am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll