d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Friends Help Me Identify The Problem
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,655.00
Sep 4 2015 07:14am
Quote (ImoK @ Sep 4 2015 06:00am)
seems to be working now, i believe it was 355.82 drivers that messed everything up
352 works like a charm.

cant remember the performance before the summer but i get around 50 fps in gta v on ultra so i guess it's okay
only overclocked +150 core/+300 clock on gpu and cpu to 4.3

is it worth going higher or will it only damage my parts? my cooler isn't great but temps on neither are hitting above 75 as of right now

If you have more than one drive in your comp, MAKE a full OS Image backup, NOW while the computer is working.
This is especially important when doing ANY overclocking, and when updating drivers etc.

Windows built in backup is kind of useless, as it only makes incremental backups.

Acronis True Image (free from Western Digital) or Easeus Todo backup (free) are good choices. In either case make the bootable version of the backup software as well, so you can access your backups, even when Windows won't boot.
Unlike Windows Backup or System Restore, 3rd party backup software allows you to quickly make backups and just as quickly restore from a backup.

Store the backups on a separate HDD, like a storage drive. That way no matter what happens, you can always return to a "working" OS install.

Things that can be avoided, if you have good full OS image backups...

1. Failure of OS SSD or HDD.
2, Windows or driver files corruption, due to overclocking, funky Windows Updates, or voltage spikes.
3. Almost any virus or trojan you may acquire.

I've been running the SAME Windows 7 install for 3 years now, and never had to reinstall....because I use backup software.
Also, never make Incremental or Scheduled backups. ONLY make FULL OS Image backups.

Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll