d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Tutorials & Galleries > Any Good Beginner Programs?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 143,897.55
Aug 27 2015 09:56am
I've actually never been really artsy, or have done any kind of graphic designs.

I've always had fun doodling shit on paper, though. Just random weird designs.

I'm sitting here at work thinking I have some free time every now and then. I would love to start doing some graphic designing!

Are there any programs I could get that'll help me with starting up? Easy user interface and such.

If there are any free programs they would be preferred. I'm one of those people who think "oh it'd be awesome to do this" then when I finally do it I don't really have much interest in it. So I would like to test it before I start spending $.

Gold: 517.80
Aug 27 2015 04:59pm
Photoshop. Dont waste your time on other programs that have their limits. Photoshop itself is a fairly easy program to handle. Once you're used to it, you wouldn't want any other program, because photoshop has prob the best workflow on the market. The aesthetics, the artsy stuff is actually happening in your head. And please dont make the mistake to think that photoshop has some instant buttons that creates beautiful stuff. 90% of the stuff you see, and that blows your mind, is mostly many hours of work and thinking.
Gold: 143,897.55
Aug 28 2015 03:26pm
Quote (cnvs @ Aug 27 2015 04:59pm)
Photoshop. Dont waste your time on other programs that have their limits. Photoshop itself is a fairly easy program to handle. Once you're used to it, you wouldn't want any other program, because photoshop has prob the best workflow on the market. The aesthetics, the artsy stuff is actually happening in your head. And please dont make the mistake to think that photoshop has some instant buttons that creates beautiful stuff. 90% of the stuff you see, and that blows your mind, is mostly many hours of work and thinking.

Thanks bud. I'll look into getting it.

I was thinking about buying one of those fancy laptops used with a pen that you can make a ton of art on as well.

Maybe if I get into the whole process.

I just really want to make sigs for myself and people I know. XD
Gold: 1,664.50
Aug 29 2015 04:25am
Depends on what you want to do
Photoshop if you want to create vectors, logos, drawings, retouches etc.
After Effect for animations
Illustrator for high quality vectors
Paint Tool Sai sketching, drawing (Photoshop dont have brush stabilization)
Go Back To Tutorials & Galleries Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll