d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Donating For A Windows Python Script
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,000.00
Aug 23 2015 03:04pm
Hello,

I've made one of my first programs with python now, but I'm no pro. My current script is intended to run infinitely, but deals with web apis and sometimes my connection will cut out or other issues causing the script to crash. I know the best thing to do is beef up the error handling, but I figure there should be a quick way to fix this up in the meantime to basically just have a helper script. A script that will run my python script and if/when it crashes report the error flag and restart it.

If someone would be interested in doing this for some fg, let me know. I assume it should be fairly straight forward, but I don't have much time to sink into it right now and would like to use this as an opportunity to learn how someone more skilled would perform these actions on Windows.

If anyone is interested, please post here or pm me, thanks!
Gold: 7,772.91
Aug 29 2015 08:28pm
I'm a software engineer. Some background info FYI.

What are you trying to do in Python?
Writing Python to run on-top of windows requires a few things:
1) Working Python (duh!)
2) Py2EXE
3) A little understanding of how to deploy a JIT environment into Windows (like DLLs, shared resources, etc)

I have written several command line programs as well as a few GUI based programs.
Feel free to PM me and we can get started.
Gold: 8,825.90
Aug 29 2015 08:39pm
I can but I charge 2000 fg per hour
Gold: 5,000.00
Aug 31 2015 09:37pm
Quote (kb3hns @ Aug 29 2015 10:28pm)
I'm a software engineer. Some background info FYI.

What are you trying to do in Python?
Writing Python to run on-top of windows requires a few things:
1) Working Python (duh!)
2) Py2EXE
3) A little understanding of how to deploy a JIT environment into Windows (like DLLs, shared resources, etc)

I have written several command line programs as well as a few GUI based programs.
Feel free to PM me and we can get started.

Thanks, I'll probably be pming you about the py2exe in a bit. I actually made a dirty launcher script that isn't perfect, but will get the job done for now.

Sorry I didn't post in here when I had completed it, but it was going for a few days
Gold: 9,039.20
Sep 1 2015 12:34am
Quote (sofakingdom @ Aug 31 2015 09:37pm)
Thanks, I'll probably be pming you about the py2exe in a bit. I actually made a dirty launcher script that isn't perfect, but will get the job done for now.

Sorry I didn't post in here when I had completed it, but it was going for a few days

You don't need a frozen executable unless you're deploying Python on other machines, I assume you already have it installed on your machine.

What you are needing is probably as simple as scheduling a task, maybe a simple batch file really.

If you want to beef up error handling, that is fine too but you should add some basic logging to your file, maybe something that can notify you of shit by email.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll