d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Doing Jobs Americans Don't Want > Cesar "commie" Chavez = Pat On The Head
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14.88
Aug 23 2015 02:16pm
I was thinking this weekend. Liberals always say we need illegals because Americans won't do the hard work in agriculture for low pay and horrid conditions. Never mind that the party that claims to champion and support the poor is making an argument rooted in the exploitation of people.

But then I think about how liberals always jerk their dicks over Cesar Chavez, who is championed for having established better working conditions for field workers. But I guess if white Americans do like Cesar, we're just the bad guys, entitled. God forbid people actually offer workers good conditions.

But looking into this, I had heard that Chavez actually had anti-immigration opinions. So, I did what every scholar does and wikipedia'd it.

"Their opposition [to immigration] stemmed from their belief that the program undermined U.S. workers and exploited the migrant workers...immigrants could not protest any infringement of their rights, lest they be fired and replaced."

I'm not expert on Chavez, and his record on immigration doesn't seem solid, but I thought it was interesting to read up on Chavez contacting ICE while Hispanic Womyn Studies majors blast off to his legacy.

The logic behind it isn't hard to understand, I've been saying it for months. Unrestricted immigration and unrestricted exporting of jobs KILLS labor gains.

We can have a philosophical discussion about the lottery of birth and if boarders make sense in a different thread, but right now, I think people need to first and foremost consider AMERICAN INTERESTS.

This post was edited by PlasmaSnake101 on Aug 23 2015 02:16pm
Gold: 633.87
Aug 23 2015 03:01pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Aug 23 2015 03:16pm)
I was thinking this weekend. Liberals always say we need illegals because Americans won't do the hard work in agriculture for low pay and horrid conditions. Never mind that the party that claims to champion and support the poor is making an argument rooted in the exploitation of people.

But then I think about how liberals always jerk their dicks over Cesar Chavez, who is championed for having established better working conditions for field workers. But I guess if white Americans do like Cesar, we're just the bad guys, entitled. God forbid people actually offer workers good conditions.

But looking into this, I had heard that Chavez actually had anti-immigration opinions. So, I did what every scholar does and wikipedia'd it.

"Their opposition [to immigration] stemmed from their belief that the program undermined U.S. workers and exploited the migrant workers...immigrants could not protest any infringement of their rights, lest they be fired and replaced."

I'm not expert on Chavez, and his record on immigration doesn't seem solid, but I thought it was interesting to read up on Chavez contacting ICE while Hispanic Womyn Studies majors blast off to his legacy.

The logic behind it isn't hard to understand, I've been saying it for months. Unrestricted immigration and unrestricted exporting of jobs KILLS labor gains.

We can have a philosophical discussion about the lottery of birth and if boarders make sense in a different thread, but right now, I think people need to first and foremost consider AMERICAN INTERESTS.

If Americans are being beat out by foreign labor Americans aren't trying hard enough.

A system that coddles an elite by birth isn't one that deserves to exist.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 23 2015 03:14pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 23 2015 04:01pm)
If Americans are being beat out by foreign labor Americans aren't trying hard enough.

Go work in a field, till you have, i'll just assume you're as ignorant as your comments, and talking while you scratch your butt.
Aug 23 2015 03:15pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 23 2015 04:14pm)
Go work in a field, till you have, i'll just assume you're as ignorant as your comments, and talking while you scratch your butt.

What perspective would I gain from doing that?

I don't mind competition, I just want to realize my rightful place in the world.
Aug 23 2015 03:18pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 23 2015 04:15pm)
What perspective would I gain from doing that?

I don't mind competition, I just want to realize my rightful place in the world.

Picking cotton is about your skill level. Just trying to help you out bro.
Gold: 14.88
Aug 23 2015 03:40pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 23 2015 01:01pm)

So you're saying Americans should just reduce their labor movement gains just so we can compete with the slavers in China?

It's called supporting your nation and your people. When Disney and Facebook are important immigrants to work tech jobs for garbage wages and leaving our STEM graduates shit out of luck, we've got a problem. I'm sick of idiots like you arguing that we should have what will result in a race to the bottom in wages. I know you two don't know much about economics though, so I guess I can't fault you.
Aug 23 2015 03:48pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Aug 23 2015 04:40pm)
So you're saying Americans should just reduce their labor movement gains just so we can compete with the slavers in China?

It's called supporting your nation and your people. When Disney and Facebook are important immigrants to work tech jobs for garbage wages and leaving our STEM graduates shit out of luck, we've got a problem. I'm sick of idiots like you arguing that we should have what will result in a race to the bottom in wages. I know you two don't know much about economics though, so I guess I can't fault you.

Americans are coming from a position of inherent strength. If, with a world-class education handed to you at birth, you can't compete with Indian call center workers you deserve what lot you reap in life.

Protecting inefficiencies in defense of your own inadequacy is pathetic. Tech jobs pay well because of competition for talent. That talent will be sought irrespective of whether there are Chinese and Indian immigrants or not. If the Chinese and Indians are winning it demonstrates something wrong with our society, not something wrong with the border.
Aug 23 2015 03:56pm

Should be...

I was thinking this weekend. Americans always say we need illegals because Liberals won't do the hard work in agriculture for low pay and horrid conditions. Never mind that the party that claims to champion and support the poor is making an argument rooted in the exploitation of people.
Aug 23 2015 04:01pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 23 2015 04:48pm)
Americans are coming from a position of inherent strength. If, with a world-class education handed to you at birth, you can't compete with Indian call center workers you deserve what lot you reap in life.

Protecting inefficiencies in defense of your own inadequacy is pathetic. Tech jobs pay well because of competition for talent. That talent will be sought irrespective of whether there are Chinese and Indian immigrants or not. If the Chinese and Indians are winning it demonstrates something wrong with our society, not something wrong with the border.

Bases on those comments you'd be fired from a call center because you put your opinion above that of the companies. Looks like it's back to the unemployment line for you.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 23 2015 04:01pm
Gold: 0.76
Aug 23 2015 04:06pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 23 Aug 2015 16:48)

It demonstrates that there are still places in the world where people are exploited, they are literally chained in some instances to their machines Bogie it's exploitation, we here in America have risen above it our workers get paid more than a slave's wage. why is this component of the equation so hard to understand.

To be competitive in the labor market with Vietnam and China American workers would have to work for less than a dollar an hour. That isn't reasonable it's just the corporations finding more ways to reap greater returns. It wouldn't be so damnable if they were in crisis or their profits were down. But that hasn't been the case many companies have moved even while showing strong back to back quarters. It comes down to greed not business.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll