d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > ## Hillary Vs Black Lives Matter ##
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 24 2015 09:02pm

:thumbsup:
Gold: 7,621.00
Aug 24 2015 09:12pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 24 2015 08:02pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG7mZQvaQDk

Such inspire.

Nice guild m8
Gold: 2,620.00
Aug 24 2015 09:56pm
Just dropping in again to say black lives do matter.

They might not matter to most Republicans and some cops, but they do matter.

If you don't see a pattern of institutional racism toward Blacks in the US, then you need a refresher course in American history. From slavery, to the civil rights movement, to modern studies showing white felons with the same qualifications are more likely to get the same job as blacks without a felony.

With police shootings, it's no different. Blacks have it worse.

Yall can debate that point ad nauseam, but by 2040, the years 2014 and 2015 will be highlighted in many history and political science textbooks in a small paragraph or two about how America's perspective on race issues became a hot topic and how police shootings were addressed during the mid 2010's.

It's like people are forgetting the DoJ investigated Ferguson and many other police academies are changing their policies and training because of all this. Change is being affected, some are just too ignorant to notice.
Aug 24 2015 10:19pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 24 2015 10:56pm)

If you don't see a pattern of institutional racism toward Blacks in the US, then you need a refresher course in American history. From slavery, to the civil rights movement, to modern studies showing white felons with the same qualifications are more likely to get the same job as blacks without a felony.

Yall can debate that point ad nauseam, but by 2040, the years 2014 and 2015 will be highlighted in many history and political science textbooks in a small paragraph or two about how America's perspective on race issues became a hot topic and how police shootings were addressed during the mid 2010's.

It's like people are forgetting the DoJ investigated Ferguson and many other police academies are changing their policies and training because of all this. Change is being affected, some are just too ignorant to notice.

Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 24 2015 10:44pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 24 2015 07:56pm)

If black lives mattered so much to you, you wouldn't have made a thread whining about how they got scholarships. Frankly, they deserve it more than you because you grew up with zero hardships since you're a white male.
Gold: 2,620.00
Aug 24 2015 10:52pm
Quote (thundercock @ 24 Aug 2015 23:44)
If black lives mattered so much to you, you wouldn't have made a thread whining about how they got scholarships. Frankly, they deserve it more than you because you grew up with zero hardships since you're a white male.

My perspective on that issue has actually changed since then, and I actually agree with you. I was just frustrated at first with it all, but with more serious consideration I understand why things happened the way they did, and I support it.

Edit: But I'd also like to add that even though I grew up pretty nicely, that does not mean all other white males grow up with zero hardships. That's just ignorant. Yeah, race is clearly an issue in this country, but so is class. I was lucky to be middle class and white, but there are plenty of poor whites who aren't exactly having an easy time right now.

This post was edited by ThatAlex on Aug 24 2015 10:59pm
Aug 25 2015 11:45pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 24 2015 10:02pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG7mZQvaQDk

This lady was on Hannity tonight.

She's bringing up some important points. It's commonplace for certain members of the black community to avoid the issues in their community. It's commonplace for white liberals to avoid some of the issues in the black community.

Right now she's talking about turning her son over to the police.
Gold: 1,960.00
Aug 26 2015 01:00am
Quote (thundercock @ Aug 24 2015 08:44pm)

Exactly. Also note that there is no middle class. Either your wealthy and educated, or not.

This post was edited by SundayRequiem on Aug 26 2015 01:02am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll