d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Do You Political Or Religious Views Influence Your > Gaming Style?
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 20 2015 11:37am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 20 2015 01:34pm)
...it was a good run :thumbsup:

I was most proud of my thriving economy and lack of homeless people B)

I just ressurrected the nation I was messing around with for a while 2 years ago or so.

I made a nation that literally took everyone's money and let people have freedom but the government wouldn't let anyone have any extra piece of the pie.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Ultimatavos is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its frequent executions, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical, humorless population of 478 million Ultimatavosians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 55.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.

The Ultimatavosian economy, worth 19.1 trillion Ults a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,983 Ults, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.

Copyright laws have been abolished, the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, the study of medicine is popular throughout Ultimatavos, and space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ultimatavos's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Aug 20 2015 11:37am
Gold: 1.50
Aug 20 2015 11:37am
Anyone who likes micro-management/sim/civ type games should check out Prison Architect.

Sometimes I have everyone in isolation, sleeping on toilets in a 1x1 cell with no lights and armed guards watching 24/7
Other times i'll make it a rehabilitation masterpiece, spacious cells with TV's, free time, workshops and college classes.

Largely depending on my mood ^_^
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 20 2015 12:01pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 20 2015 01:27pm)
...from one of the games -

The Armed Republic of Charismastan is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Widow the Wise with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.703 billion Charismastanians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Clitoria. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.8%.

The frighteningly efficient Charismastanian economy, worth 490 trillion Gypsy Testicles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 181,618 Gypsy Testicles, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,350,029 per year while the poor average 7,228, a ratio of 186 to 1.

Military spending recently hit a new high, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed, and the government seizes all major gold finds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Charismastan's national animal is the Genital Crab, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is First Church of Widow the Wise.

Psychotic dictatorship was def my favorite.
Gold: Locked
Aug 20 2015 02:09pm
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I'm sure my philosophy impacts everything I do...as far as religion/philosophy having a consciously intended impact, usually not unless I want to play a certain paradigm. Sometimes I'll play a philosophical concept or a philosopher when I do D&D, but not necessarily aligned or opposed to my personal beliefs.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll