d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thread Not About Primaries
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 17 2015 03:06pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 17 2015 02:57pm)
Nothingburger - tasteless wannabe scandals from the Gop in order to feign outrage and justify opposition.

Awesome word - I love it.

Tailed? according to who? Never heard this accusation before.

Thats cuz it was the "secret" service, wink wink.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 17 2015 03:40pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 17 2015 04:06pm)
Thats cuz it was the "secret" service, wink wink.

Or the idea of a delusional tin foil hat person - could be true IDK - but nothing about a neurosurgeon suggests to me that he would be a target of the Government.

Sounds like a topic for Conservative talk radio to feed conspiracy theorists - where else was this idea talked about?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2015 03:52pm
Why does Jay use the term progressive when he really means bat shit crazy liberal left.
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 17 2015 07:40pm
Quote (Scaly @ Aug 17 2015 03:32pm)
Might be a valid argument if the investigations had turned up nothing at all and there was no reason for suspicion in the first place.

The stonewalled investigations? Where IRS agents lied to Congress and/or continuously hid behind the 5th amendment to prevent prosecution?
Gold: 20.31
Aug 19 2015 08:11am
Still living in a little bubble, I love it. You really should be a test case to evaluate how long a misinformed individual will cling to a delusion long after its charges have been disproven.

Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 06:33am)
Yes conservative groups were singled out.

Obviously they were not. You can't credibly claim that they were when the BOLO list included everything from "progressive" to "marijuana" to keywords that pertained to groups interested in the Middle East.

Do you think the mere inclusion of a single non-conservative group into the abuse renders the abuse non-partisan?

Unfortunately for you, that's not what happened.
Aug 19 2015 09:00am
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 19 2015 09:11am)
Still living in a little bubble, I love it. You really should be a test case to evaluate how long a misinformed individual will cling to a delusion long after its charges have been disproven.

Obviously they were not. You can't credibly claim that they were when the BOLO list included everything from "progressive" to "marijuana" to keywords that pertained to groups interested in the Middle East.

Unfortunately for you, that's not what happened.

What exactly do you think the BOLO list is? Perhaps you should review the history: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/351718/far-broader-bolo-list-eliana-johnson

They were on the lookout for "tea party" and "progressive" amongst other terms, but:

A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were instructed to treat progressive groups differently from tea-party groups. Whereas they were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for progressive groups — 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from conducting any political activity — they were told to send applications from tea-party groups off to IRS higher-ups for further scrutiny.

That means the applications of progressive organizations could be approved by line agents on the spot, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT” — Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive organizations were not.

To Werfel’s account, add the testimony of Holly Paz. The highest-ranking official interviewed by the House Oversight Committee to date, Paz did not contend that the lookout list was politically inclusive. Rather, she told committee investigators that the use of the term “tea party” to flag applications was politically neutral. Paz, who served as the director of the IRS’s Office of Rulings and Agreements before she was put on administrative leave earlier this month, told committee investigators that “tea party” merely served as shorthand for an application for tax exemption from any group, conservative or liberal, that showed a potential for political intervention. “It’s like calling soda ‘coke’ or, you know, tissue ‘Kleenex.’ [Line agents] knew what they meant, and the issue was campaign intervention.”

Paz continued, “The criteria didn’t seem to limit what side of the issue,” according to an interview transcript reviewed by National Review Online. “There was a variety of different political persuasions amongst the groups that were — you know, whose applications were in this bucket of cases.”

Her testimony, however, stands in stark contrast to that of Cincinnati IRS agent Elizabeth Hofacre, who handled all tea-party cases between April and August 2010. Hofacre told investigators that she understood “tea party” to be a proxy for conservative and Republican groups; she said she sent back the applications of liberal groups for general processing.

NOTHING has been disproven about 8 sitting Democrat Senators exercising undue influence on the IRS to abuse conservative groups petitioning for tax exempt status. NOTHING. You clown shoes in DC might think Barry has been shielded from this scandal, but 8 sitting Senators are not, as shown in the detailed complaint posted previously for your perusal that you ran the fuck away from.
Aug 19 2015 01:49pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 19 2015 08:00am)
Perhaps you should review the history

Yeah that's obviously not necessarily, and I sure as shit wouldn't visit that punchline of a website unless I just wanted to read up on a few more delusions that hurr durrs are still clinging to. What's the latest on that doctored BLS data?

You're continuing to claim things that have already been disproven. There's nowhere else to go with this so long as you continue to allege things happened that did not, in reality, happen.
Aug 19 2015 02:37pm
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 19 2015 02:49pm)
Yeah that's obviously not necessarily, and I sure as shit wouldn't visit that punchline of a website unless I just wanted to read up on a few more delusions that hurr durrs are still clinging to wouldn't want it known I was running the fuck away from reality.

FTFY.

What's the latest on that doctored BLS data?

What spin are you alluding to with this?

You're continuing to claim things that have already been disproven. There's nowhere else to go with this so long as you continue to allege things happened that did not, in reality, happen.

Nothing I've alleged has BEEN disproven. Saying things doesn't magically make them true. 8 Senators prodded the IRS to engage in illegal behavior. Disprove that.
Aug 19 2015 04:15pm
Nothing I've alleged has BEEN disproven.

Yes they have. That whole wall of nonsense that you block-quoted from that punchline website is still hinging on claims that have been disproven. And repeating that howler of a conspiracy theory sure isn't helping your case.

And stop projecting, it's pathetic.
Aug 19 2015 04:24pm
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 19 2015 05:15pm)
Yes they have. That whole wall of nonsense that you block-quoted from that punchline website is still hinging on claims that have been disproven. And repeating that howler of a conspiracy theory sure isn't helping your case.

And stop projecting, it's pathetic.

Stop running the fuck away.

Quote (Santara @ Aug 19 2015 03:37pm)
8 Senators prodded the IRS to engage in illegal behavior. Disprove that.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll