d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thread Not About Primaries
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 17 2015 07:33am
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 15 2015 10:02am)
Um... complaints don't establish facts. They might claim them, but it's investigations that establish them. We've had more than enough regarding the IRS: Were conservative groups singled out for their politics? No. Progressive groups and non-ideological groups received the same scrutiny that some conservative groups got, and unlike conservative groups there were actually progressive groups (mainly belonging to the "Emerge" network) that actually had their status request denied. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/25/us/politics/documents-show-liberals-in-irs-dragnet.html and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/05/us/politics/irs-scrutiny-went-beyond-the-political.html

Did conservative groups face delays that other groups didn't have to deal with? No. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IRS_POLITICAL_GROUPS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Was the White House involved? No. No evidence of that whatsoever. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/14/the-irs-report-insubordination-and-incompetence-but-not-much-of-a-conspiracy/

Was there any accountability from the media for blowing the story over and over again? Nope. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/obama-scandals-used-to-be-a-thing.html

That said, it's a thread about the primaries. If I used it to crush every delusion that you cling to then the thread would never be about anything else.

Lol, look at you spinning. Yes conservative groups were singled out. Do you think the mere inclusion of a single non-conservative group into the abuse renders the abuse non-partisan? LOL! The (sourced) FACTS established in the complaint clearly show the partisan prodding.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 17 2015 10:40am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 08:33am)
Lol, look at you spinning. Yes conservative groups were singled out. Do you think the mere inclusion of a single non-conservative group into the abuse renders the abuse non-partisan? LOL! The (sourced) FACTS established in the complaint clearly show the partisan prodding.

If everybody is investigated then one group can't say they were the only ones investigated. It is disingenuous and victim-identity BS the right loves to play.

Conservative groups weren't the only ones investigated, they are just the ones that bitch and moan the loudest, and I bet they even wish they were persecuted unduly, so that all this feigned outrage could be more than just an act, like everything they seem to be doing now days. But they weren't, Leftist groups were scrutinized as well, and anti-tax groups as well, because duh, it is the IRS and they're anti-tax groups, it doesn't take a fucking astronaut to figure that one out.

Another nothingburger from the GOP. I'll quit using that word (Icemage) as soon as you stop serving up these tasteless wannabe scandals that is really just shit being thrown at a wall because the GOP doesn't have very much going on otherwise between breaks of flinging their own feces at each other while the rest of America laughs and the Democrats govern.
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 17 2015 10:47am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 17 2015 11:40am)
If everybody is investigated then one group can't say they were the only ones investigated. It is disingenuous and victim-identity BS the right loves to play.

Conservative groups weren't the only ones investigated, they are just the ones that bitch and moan the loudest, and I bet they even wish they were persecuted unduly, so that all this feigned outrage could be more than just an act, like everything they seem to be doing now days. But they weren't, Leftist groups were scrutinized as well, and anti-tax groups as well, because duh, it is the IRS and they're anti-tax groups, it doesn't take a fucking astronaut to figure that one out.

Another nothingburger from the GOP. I'll quit using that word (Icemage) as soon as you stop serving up these tasteless wannabe scandals that is really just shit being thrown at a wall because the GOP doesn't have very much going on otherwise between breaks of flinging their own feces at each other while the rest of America laughs and the Democrats govern.

Just want to say I lol'd irl.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2015 11:26am
Quote (Skinned @ 17 Aug 2015 16:40)

Couldn't have put it better myself. A class oration.
Aug 17 2015 01:36pm

...but they can say they were TARGETED, and quite unfairly. That someone else got some poor service from the government is no surprise. That groups of people were targeted for their political views is.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 17 2015 01:45pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 02:36pm)
...but they can say they were TARGETED, and quite unfairly. That someone else got some poor service from the government is no surprise. That groups of people were targeted for their political views is.

Poor service from the government? What makes you think they were getting served? They're tax men, not waiters.

Since when to kings, queens, and other holders of power serve people?

And targeted for what? Scrutiny? That's it?

How many conservative organizations were shut down in this "scandal"?

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 17 2015 01:48pm
Aug 17 2015 02:20pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 17 2015 02:45pm)
Poor service from the government? What makes you think they were getting served? They're tax men, not waiters.

Since when to kings, queens, and other holders of power serve people?

And targeted for what? Scrutiny? That's it?

How many conservative organizations were shut down in this "scandal"?

Tax men that have to obey laws.

Scrutiny that is both unwarranted, and extreme, to the point that many were prevented from engaging in their purposes.

You seriously think that abusing the power of government, a la J Edgar Hoover is not to be opposed most vociferously?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2015 02:32pm
Quote (Santara @ 17 Aug 2015 20:20)
Tax men that have to obey laws.

Scrutiny that is both unwarranted, and extreme, to the point that many were prevented from engaging in their purposes.

You seriously think that abusing the power of government, a la J Edgar Hoover is not to be opposed most vociferously?

Might be a valid argument if the investigations had turned up nothing at all and there was no reason for suspicion in the first place.

This post was edited by Scaly on Aug 17 2015 02:34pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 17 2015 02:50pm
Quote (Scaly @ Aug 17 2015 04:32pm)
Might be a valid argument if the investigations had turned up nothing at all and there was no reason for suspicion in the first place.

They tailed Ben Carson for 9 months. Didn't find a damn thing. All because he spoke out against the president.

Classic abuse of power that wastes resources and wrongly targets based on one's sacrisanct beliefs.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 17 2015 02:57pm

Nothingburger - tasteless wannabe scandals from the Gop in order to feign outrage and justify opposition.

Awesome word - I love it.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Aug 17 2015 03:50pm)
They tailed Ben Carson for 9 months. Didn't find a damn thing. All because he spoke out against the president.

Classic abuse of power that wastes resources and wrongly targets based on one's sacrisanct beliefs.

Tailed? according to who? Never heard this accusation before.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 17 2015 03:00pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll