d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Feeling Lost Again..?
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,837.61
Aug 20 2015 08:02am
Quote (DiS505 @ Aug 20 2015 07:30am)
They don't disagree. Like I said, there are several versions of the Bible translated using the same method as the KJV. Some leave out lines or verses that weren't in the original manuscripts or were added later, the King James does not. I'm done with this discussion, though. By all means, continue to read the KJV. It's still the word of God, just not exclusively.

Thank you for your well researched input.

Matthew 17:21- “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” (All omit)

Matthew 18:11 - “For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.” (All omit)

Matthew 23:14- “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.” (All omit)

Mark 7:16 - “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.” (All omit_

Mark 9:44 - “Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.” (All omit)

Mark 9:46 - “Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.” (All omit)

Mark 11:26 - “But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.” (All omit)

Mark 15:28 - “And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.” (All omit)

Luke 17:36 - “Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.” (All omit)

Luke 23:17 - “For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.” (All omit)

John 5:4 - “For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.” (All omit)

Acts 8:37 - “And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” (All omit)

Acts 15:34 - “Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.” (All omit)

Acts 24:6b to 8a - “and would have judged according to our law. But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands, Commanding his accusers to come unto thee” (All omit)

Acts 28:29 -”And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.” (All omit)

Romans - 16:24 “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.” (All omit)

I John 5:7-8 - omits the words: “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth” (All omit)

it's obvious that there's a disagreement between English translations as to what is or isn't God's word. Their source materials are different therefore their translations are different. Thank you for your politely disagreeing .
Gold: 6,479.31
Aug 20 2015 08:32am
Quote (omg_banned @ Aug 20 2015 10:02am)
Matthew 17:21- “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” (All omit)

Matthew 18:11 - “For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.” (All omit)

Matthew 23:14- “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.” (All omit)

Mark 7:16 - “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.” (All omit_

Mark 9:44 - “Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.” (All omit)

Mark 9:46 - “Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.” (All omit)

Mark 11:26 - “But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.” (All omit)

Mark 15:28 - “And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.” (All omit)

Luke 17:36 - “Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.” (All omit)

Luke 23:17 - “For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.” (All omit)

John 5:4 - “For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.” (All omit)

Acts 8:37 - “And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” (All omit)

Acts 15:34 - “Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.” (All omit)

Acts 24:6b to 8a - “and would have judged according to our law. But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands, Commanding his accusers to come unto thee” (All omit)

Acts 28:29 -”And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.” (All omit)

Romans - 16:24 “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.” (All omit)

I John 5:7-8 - omits the words: “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth” (All omit)

it's obvious that there's a disagreement between English translations as to what is or isn't God's word. Their source materials are different therefore their translations are different. Thank you for your politely disagreeing .

Have you read any other version of the Bible or do you just take others' word for it? Nearly every, if not every one of those verses is included in the footnotes of most Bibles. Some translations lean more conservatively and only include Scripture that is unanimous among the early manuscripts, but they will often add something like "the Septuagint includes this section" or "the LXX says this" but since not all of the early manuscripts agree they are wary to include it as actual Scripture in the main body of text. I really suggest you look into this more than just googling information from biased sources. If you'd like to discuss this more you can pm me but I don't want to derail this thread anymore than it has been.
Gold: 1.00
Aug 28 2015 12:58pm
You're doing good bro. I agree with stealth, his answer is the simplest, yet most solid. And his wife has some pretty good advice as well. I commend you for the efforts you are putting in towards seeking God. And I tell you what, if He's what you really want, you'll find Him, He won't let you down. Keep seeking and He lead you where you need to be. Continue to pray and ask Him for guidance. And it is also important to find a church home and get involved. Jesus Himself had people to fellowship with, we can't make it alone. Surely will be praying for you bro.
Gold: 1.00
Aug 28 2015 01:01pm
Oh, and as for Jehovah witnesses and reading or watching anything else contrary to the gospel (googling stuff and watching all kinds of different YouTube videos), be careful and try to stay away from that stuff. It'll mess your head up if you're not strong enough.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic