d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Time To Fight.
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 56,655.00
Nov 27 2015 03:19am
Needs more updates
Gold: 126,123.10
Dec 3 2015 02:20am
Quote (Cheats @ Nov 27 2015 01:19am)
Needs more updates

hello, okay. well i went to a monthly(ish) tournament this weekend. it was the first of it's kind. they revamped how they were doing it and rented out a new place. it got over 200 ppl for 10 different games. 50 of which were for SF4.
i lost my second match to a friend i go back and forth with. it was super close. it was the first time i had a mini rage after losing a tournament match(smacked my stick), because i kind of threw the game...usually i am very composed, but i think since i have been performing well lately, it was frustrating to lose so early.
i had to play my next match(in loser's bracket) almost right away. i was still rattled from the loss before(this happens frequently to me) and i almost lost to the person. infact parts of me were almost giving up during the last game. i managed to make a comeback in the final round, tho. both me and my friends were mad at me for playing so poorly. i did underestimate the opponent a little bit, but oh welll i survived.
i continued on to making it to top8 where i started playing on stream where i eventually got my runback vs the person who put me into loser's bracket. it was fairly close again, but i managed to clutch it out this time. my heart was actually racing after words because it was one of the most tense matches i've had in a long, time, especially with everyone watching(this isn't a huge factor usually for me, but i was very aware of the crowd behind me, as they were very vocal and into the match, along with being able to hear the stream commentators, it was hard to blur it all out). i continued on to face a demon of mine, who tends to have my number, but i have defeated once before. i was actually fairly confident against him as i've trained for that matchup a lot. this one was really close again, and i threw the final round..really...but he fucked up his punish and i managed to defeat him for doing that. very close..but if the match played out properly, i would have lost. This put me into loser's finals where i had to face my training partner. he had defeated me in the last two tournaments as well. once again i was not able to beat him...although i know i can, i feel i don't take my matches against him seriously enough, and that is ultimately why i end up losing. altho i do try my best.. it stil feels that way, though. not sure how to pin point it.

anyways this gave me 3rd place in a 50 man tournament. i got like..$50..not that i do it for the money.

not sure what to train now. i think i will spend time learning grappler characters, as they have a play style i am not used to doing, and learning to use them may increase my overall fundamentals.
Dec 4 2015 02:52pm
okay day off today.

-playing Hugo...
grapplers are harder to play than i thought. there is more to them than just mind fucking the opponent. i seriously feel like an amateur, but i am learning.
~played maybe 40 games or so with him today. i have definitely leveled up my grappler game a bit from that. i understand the fundamental mind set of them alot more now.

-maple has this cool reboot mode. i wasted a little time on that..but it's fun to mess around on i guess when i have a day off. no time for it really on a work day.

-i should learn some new KOF stuff. im starting to get bored of it with my team and what i know about them.

-supposed to be a local gathering tonight, but the turn out seems like it's going to be low.

-Capcom Cup is this Sunday. going to have friends over to watch it. gotta make some side bets!

-told my GF i'd go for a run today..almost forgot. i'll do that later..

-i go eat now.
Dec 9 2015 06:45pm
not 100% sure how to train while waiting for SF5.

messing around on BB atm..learning Kokonoe. i thinking i might grind this out for the next few days.

i played KOF fairly strongly last night..maybe i can look to expand my game there a bit more.

My Hugo is getting a bit stronger.

i think i'll continue with this bit of everything, for now..but i'd like to think of some actual goals for them all.
Dec 11 2015 02:22am
realised i've been wasting alot of time... i need to build better training habits.

my goal until SF5 will be to actually learn BB, KOF13 as efficiently as possible. meaning new combos everyday and learning matchup knowledge by playing/watching video/asking for advice and trying to optimize my characters pressure. also actively using my defensive options! these games have defensive options that SF4 did not, but SF5 and KOF14 will have. gotta get used to using them now.

i have learned my 3rd Kokonoe combo in the last..2 days? i feel like i could have done better. i will learn another one tonight, and 2 more tomorrow before the gathering!
i will have to make time to brush up on my Adon execution, tho, as we are probably going to do a tourny for that. i will see if ppl actually want to do taht or not. game is dead now.
Dec 25 2015 04:04pm
Merry Christmas. It has been a great one so far.
-i got a cool new set of Razer Kraken headphones. my old steel series finally died. They were godlike and these ones seem great, too.
-the coolest Snow goggles ever, as well as a 5 day pass to the ski resort here.(time to practice snowboarding again! i am actually pretty decent, but dropped that hobby a few years ago)
-a large jug of some of the local craft beer.(am drinking it now. it's pretty good)

my motivation and confidence in life are at an all time high. i read depressing/dark posts from relatives and friends on FB, and when i compare them to my own mindset, i feel they are weak people. i want to help them, but ultimately everyone has to find their own way, i believe. something has to tick for them to realise they can overcome and achieve anything. i have tried to talk to ppl about it before, but it really is a personal battle, as i have been there before.
my friend gave me an effetive workout routine to stick to. i always wanted to work out regularly, but i never really knew what i was doing. so the main demotivation came from assuming i was doing it inefficiently. now that i have some real guidance, i feel i can do it NP!
i also feel i have what it takes to be a gaming champion. no more wasting time on miscilaneous MMOs and time wasting games.

also note about SF4.
i have been learning a new way to do instant air Jaguar kicks. the main problem with doing them in the traditional way, was if i miss time it, i get a jumping normal attack, which then leaves me susceptible to a trip guard punish(trip guard is a term for when you press a button in the air, you have 5 recovery frames on the ground, where you can get punished if you made no contact with the opponent). since instant air JKs are such a fundamental part, but also very easy to screw up. I have developed a new technique to ensure my safety, using Negative Edge!(you can activate special moves, by inputting the directions and then RELEASING the button, rather than pressing it. this requires you to already be holding the button down before you start your directional inputs. with practice you can create executional scenarios to make it possible).
By negative edging it, if i miss time the instant air JK, i will simply get a regular jump, which does not leave me vulnerable to trip guard. and if i can react to the fact that i have jumped rather than ia.JK'd, i can actually convert it to a proper jump in attack to keep pressure on. it is really THE best way to do it. i just need to practice it alot. next tournament is end of january. i will have it mastered by then. it is also the last SF4 regional tournament before SF5. i am going to train to win it!!!

This post was edited by nate321 on Dec 25 2015 04:05pm
Dec 26 2015 04:35pm
old friends that moved away are visiting. they want me to come hang out. they are the drinking/partier type *typically*, they could have toned it down by now. i'm no longer into that..like at all. so i hope when i go visit them it doesnt come down to any of that. because honestly i'd rather be home gaming. but of course i do want to visit with them. hopefully we just go for dinner or something.

also my training partner has been bodying me at KOF13 lately. right when i thought i was catching up i realise i am still missing so much in that game. i knew combo wise, i was, but i felt the game fundamentals i understood. even those now, i need to learn more.
started watching juicebox tutorial videos. they are really helpful. also am currently learning a Kyo mid screen HD combo. taking a bit of practice, but it is fun to execute.

i am considering switching out saiki for a different character. idk who yet. someone fundamental and not OP. i definitely need to make sure i am working for my wins.

also for BB, i am probably goign to stop learning kokonoe. i willjust continue practicing my hazama for that, i think.

the jug of beer i got and opened yesterday, i realised will slowly go flat since i opened it. just like a 2L of soda. so now i need to finish it. wish me luck.
Jan 16 2016 09:45pm
final regional USF4 tournament is next weekend. i will train for it a little, but i can currently looking beyond it.

i got a SF5 cracked beta working. i am going to train that, as there is a regional tournament happening the weekend after release. i gotta get a feel for all the mechanics and the meta. and also figure out the character gimmicks that arnt actually that good. can't be getting hit by stupid shit.
going to see how my friends think about gathering twice a week to train.
Jan 19 2016 01:09am
i played diablo 3 this weekend. it was kinda fun..but luckily i think i have already kicked it. it's like a drug. it's kinda okay, i know i shouldnt be playing it, but i keep wanting to anyways.

but now that that is over, my work week has started and i need to focus! i have 1 month before SF5 to build my optimal sleeping/work/training/workout regime. that is 4 things. there is no time for diablo in there.

sleep is going to be split up into 2x 3-4 hour sleeps. it'll be 8 total when i need it early on, but by the end of this next month i want it down to 6.

ideal schedule:
wakeup 7:30AM
home from work at 5:30PM
shower and bed by 6:00PM
wakeup at 9:00PM
workout/eat/make coffee done by 11:00PM
train until 4:30AM

that gives in theory 5 1/2 hours to train. will alter less or more of course.
also needing to give my GF attention..that could take maybe an hour or so, i am not sure, and will change regularly, i am sure.
hopefully if i can make the workout section go quicker, i can squeeze in more time.

today was my first day of the schedule, and it is 11:08PM. so i am pretty close to what i imagined here. altho i am sure i could shave 1/2 hour or more off of what i was just talking about, at least once in a while.

let's start training! my final week of SF4!
Jan 20 2016 02:35am
do doo....updating

no work out today as it's rest day.
i slept in. woke up at 11:15 instead of 9:15...5 hours instead of 3 hours >_> we'll see how the night handles that.

sf5 beta is up. playing with Ryu atm. i still think he is kind of dull. they need to spice him up a bit. this parry is kind of troll, tho
not sure who to practice. this beta is just a test, so i am not sure how long it'll be up tonight.

busy work week.
my friend designed some art work for an arcade stick that i'll be donating to the Vancouver scene. gotta go get that printed out on thursday. i hope theyll be able to make it for me without any problems.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic