d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Looking For Tips For Soloing > As A Poorman
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 124.99
Jul 29 2015 08:26am
Okay, so since I'm soloing and only have items for 0-30, what to do now? I mean there is no way I can afford those swords in the Trading Forums..
Should I keep mine and hope to find a better one?

Also, I'm starting to take some HARD hits out there.. What's the best option?
Solo for about 20-30% exp and then town and shrine items then go back to the Catacombs?

I don't mind grinding slowly, I just want your tips. :P
Thanks!

This post was edited by ahuntsic on Jul 29 2015 08:32am
Gold: 76,581.60
Jul 29 2015 08:37am
Upgrade your armor when you hit lvl 30 to another one with EE (go for a lvl 30 armor with 50+ ee) try to get a lvl 30 weapon upgrade too.

Using the shrine like you said is your best chance. Others will tell you to use salvation with a good heal charm... But I have found with mediocre gear it doesn't work well.

I also suggest you add more vitality, go for 80-90 or even 100

/e
keep your gear - you can use the market to transfer it to a mule character.
the chances of finding gear upgrades are very slim. I suggest you try and buy it cheap. Keep searching the market, make an iso in the trade forums, and make a post in the LS starter gear thread. http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71087688&f=272&o=50

This post was edited by hasteful on Jul 29 2015 08:39am
Jul 29 2015 08:42am
Quote (hasteful @ Jul 29 2015 10:37am)
Upgrade your armor when you hit lvl 30 to another one with EE (go for a lvl 30 armor with 50+ ee) try to get a lvl 30 weapon upgrade too.

Using the shrine like you said is your best chance. Others will tell you to use salvation with a good heal charm... But I have found with mediocre gear it doesn't work well.

I also suggest you add more vitality, go for 80-90 or even 100

/e
keep your gear - you can use the market to transfer it to a mule character.
the chances of finding gear upgrades are very slim. I suggest you try and buy it cheap. Keep searching the market, make an iso in the trade forums, and make a post in the LS starter gear thread. http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71087688&f=272&o=50

Alright, thanks man.
But yeah, there's like close to nothing on the Market.. Not sure why.

I also made a thread in the Trading Forums but I don't get any replies. Oh well, I think I'm just gonna grind slowly for now with what I have.. :P
Also thanks for the LS Started Gear thread URL.
Gold: 76,581.60
Jul 29 2015 08:49am
Quote (ahuntsic @ Jul 29 2015 10:42am)
Alright, thanks man.
But yeah, there's like close to nothing on the Market.. Not sure why.

I also made a thread in the Trading Forums but I don't get any replies. Oh well, I think I'm just gonna grind slowly for now with what I have.. :P
Also thanks for the LS Started Gear thread URL.

Market & and forums are pretty slow due to overall inactivity :(

Your guild mates can probably help you acquire some gear. Patience and time (or lots of fg) are the only ways to get gear lol.
Jul 29 2015 09:11am
Quote (hasteful @ Jul 29 2015 10:49am)
Market & and forums are pretty slow due to overall inactivity :(

Your guild mates can probably help you acquire some gear. Patience and time (or lots of fg) are the only ways to get gear lol.

Yeah they helped me.

Thanks for the replies man!
Gold: 2,000.40
Jul 29 2015 10:52am
Most new players that I see, are being given the direction to stats pretty much all vitality (since you have no gear for heal charms) and this will help up your defense and longevity depending on what gear/armor you are using (best with plates/scales etc).

I would recommend picking up/buying any white items/magical (weapons/armors) every 10 levels and just muling them. The basic defense alone is MUCH better than just sticking with one armor for 20+ levels, as the mobs will get stronger and even a little armor boost is better than none.

UTILIZE YOUR ABILITIES!!!!! Focus on skills you can put in for your class only (example sammy would be 2 hitback and multistrike) as you will build a charge faster, then use it for the 2-3 mobs at 30-50%. this will help whittle down multiple monsters at once and be more useful than waiting till 90% charge (which you may have to town first before using).

Shrines or fish. If you have the patience to fish, this will help, but probably only for the first 20 levels or so (its also better to skill than just to sit and wait for your life to regenerate).

BUY REGEN GEAR. Armor/weapon/charm. There may not be any out now on the market place, but pay a CLOSE eye on any items that drop for you. If you get a level 20 with +6 life regen, keep that on a mule. This is what we had to do in the old days, and if your forced to sit and regen, this cuts the time down TREMENDOUSLY. Shrining works, but as you gain every 5 levels, lower tiers start losing effectiveness, but even a magical tier 1 at level 55 will still give you a few hundred hps back, and several of these can cut down your regen time totally.

This is about all the advice I can give you. Hopefully this helps you out.
Jul 29 2015 10:55am
Quote (HylianHero @ Jul 29 2015 12:52pm)
Most new players that I see, are being given the direction to stats pretty much all vitality (since you have no gear for heal charms) and this will help up your defense and longevity depending on what gear/armor you are using (best with plates/scales etc).

I would recommend picking up/buying any white items/magical (weapons/armors) every 10 levels and just muling them. The basic defense alone is MUCH better than just sticking with one armor for 20+ levels, as the mobs will get stronger and even a little armor boost is better than none.

UTILIZE YOUR ABILITIES!!!!! Focus on skills you can put in for your class only (example sammy would be 2 hitback and multistrike) as you will build a charge faster, then use it for the 2-3 mobs at 30-50%. this will help whittle down multiple monsters at once and be more useful than waiting till 90% charge (which you may have to town first before using).

Shrines or fish. If you have the patience to fish, this will help, but probably only for the first 20 levels or so (its also better to skill than just to sit and wait for your life to regenerate).

BUY REGEN GEAR. Armor/weapon/charm. There may not be any out now on the market place, but pay a CLOSE eye on any items that drop for you. If you get a level 20 with +6 life regen, keep that on a mule. This is what we had to do in the old days, and if your forced to sit and regen, this cuts the time down TREMENDOUSLY. Shrining works, but as you gain every 5 levels, lower tiers start losing effectiveness, but even a magical tier 1 at level 55 will still give you a few hundred hps back, and several of these can cut down your regen time totally.

This is about all the advice I can give you. Hopefully this helps you out.

Yeah it did help, thanks alot mate!

My knowledge of the game mechanics is getting better and better.
I'm now level 40. I'm also very thankful to my guild mates for helping me out with weapons!

As for shrine magicals, I only keep the ones that are worth it, as you can see in my Barb's inventory.

Thanks! :P
Gold: 214.55
Jul 29 2015 11:45am
You had great advices for soloing here !
You can even load other chars with good shrining items when you have plenty of em . And sell mutables is one of the best way to make some fg when you play a lot ( if theres still people muting and paying for mutables ofc)

Btw are you from Ahuntsic in Montréal?
Jul 30 2015 06:51am
Quote (IKilledKennedy @ Jul 29 2015 01:45pm)
You had great advices for soloing here !
You can even load other chars with good shrining items when you have plenty of em . And sell mutables is one of the best way to make some fg when you play a lot ( if theres still people muting and paying for mutables ofc)

Btw are you from Ahuntsic in Montréal?

Yes I am.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll